Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It's mainly for my own amusement...
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A. Wayne is just the biggest spoon in the F1 soup...
Old 03-20-2011, 01:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
In 2000 Renault bought the Benetton F1 team and entered the 2002 season as Renault. So if you want to say Alonso has been their only WDC, this is true in name only because Schumacher won for Benetton in '94 and '95 making the hated Schumacher the champ for Benetton/Renault well before Alonso won his two championships.

LOL... Wiki F1 knowledge .........

Read:

Alonso is Renault's first and only F1 Champion , dig , they never won as a constructor before and they have been trying since the 70's...

Both Brawn and red bull were given championships by the FIA , brawn more so than Red Bull, so there chamjpionships were not the same. 08 was the last real WDC , 09 amd 10 a farce and i do expect multiple race manipulation in 11... as they try to rehab Stooly's image .. of course you will have to inform me of such , i have no faux coverage..

Originally Posted by enduro911
Wayne, let me see if I can extrapolate as to what it takes, in your mind, win a championship that it isn't a "faux" championship?

- Car that isn't tailored to a particular driver's style

- Beating a tough team mate

- Winning in a car that isn't leaps and bounds above the next best car

- 0 scandals, both publicized stuff and anything else people could think of to throw out there as potential partiality

Please add anything else to the equation if you feel that it's pertinent, but I think that my point will still be the same: How many F1 champions meet all these criteria? Lewis doesn't, Alonso doesn't, in your mind Schumacher doesn't, Senna doesn't.......I think you can see my point.
Errr.................No..

A faux champion is one created by the FIA there are 3 currently ...

1. Stoolmacher
2. Vettel
3. Button

Alonso was never given a WDC by the FIA, they did try to take one away from him when they banned the mass damper mid season , his subsequent defeat of schumacher even after doing such, made Ferrari look his way , the prediction was easy and will agree that Both Schumacher and vettel are capable of winning WDC's , Not 7 by Schumacher nor would Vettel have won last year without Bernie's intervention, forget Button! another 1 time wonder and then out , pathetic at best ..
Old 03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FIA "gave" a championship to Brawn...

Well, now Alonso won't have any excuses.

He's in a Ferrari that he's had a year to develop and mould around him.

He's established himself as team leader. (He absolutely did not have strong teammates during the '05 and '06 campaigns. Not even close...)

The tire change will be an equal challenge for everyone.

So no excuses, right?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Errr, FIA = Bernie Ecclestone and Co ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:22 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso is Renault's first and only F1 Champion , dig , they never won as a constructor before and they have been trying since the 70's...
Renault has NOT been a uninterrupted constructor since the 1970s. Between 1986 and 2001 Renault did NOT enter a car in F1.

Now if you want to get technical, yes Alonso is to date Renault's only WDC. But that is if you choose to ignore the fact that Renault bought the Benetton F1 team, a team who not only had a driver win the WDC twice for them, but they also won their own constructors championship. So I will give you the Alonso is Renault's only WDC on a technicality. But enough with this nonsense that Renault has been a constructor since the 1970s. You have already been proven wrong on this matter. What kind of Kool Aid are you consuming?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso was never given a WDC by the FIA, they did try to take one away from him when they banned the mass damper mid season , his subsequent defeat of schumacher even after doing such, made Ferrari look his way , the prediction was easy and will agree that Both Schumacher and vettel are capable of winning WDC's , Not 7 by Schumacher nor would Vettel have won last year without Bernie's intervention, forget Button! another 1 time wonder and then out , pathetic at best ..
Seriously... what are your opinions on Lewis Hamilton and his WDC?

How faux was his WDC? (Considering Bernie called Timo Glock over the radio and told him to pull over so Massa doesn't win in Brazil <kidding>)

Will Lewis do it again?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,899 Posts

Land Jet is correct. Same $hit, different year. A. Wayne hasn't come up with anything new in years.

The bottom line is Schumacher won 2 titles in a car that wasn't the best on the grid in the Benetton. He almost won a third in a Benetton and DID win 5 in a Ferrari and almost 6 (were it not for an engine failure in Suzuka). That is 7 out of 9. Pretty impressive and not an accident.

Also keep in mind that during Schumacher's Ferrari years the FIA was trying to stop the complete and utter dominance of Ferrari with constant changing of the rules, but nothing could stop him and Ferrari --- until the French based FIA went to the one tire rule. That is when the French based Michelin had the upper hand the with French based Renault (anyone see a pattern?) and finally found the rule that would stop Ferrari from all their winning.

For 2011, there CAN be team rules, so expect Alonso to be given preferred chassis, tires, set up, car developments and strategy over Massa (not that he didn't in 2010, but Massa did not follow the script and was faster than Alonso in Germany, but the team quickly told him he was not, even after leading the race.

2011 -- Vettel and Red Bull will run away with the championship.

I look forward to Schumacher being back on podium. When he raises his trophy, I'll raise a cold one too!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

The FIA gave Brawn a championship....I'm still laughing at that one.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 PM
va122
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete
I look forward to Schumacher being back on podium. When he raises his trophy, I'll raise a cold one too!
I certainly hope this is the case.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
The bottom line is Schumacher won 2 titles in a car that wasn't the best on the grid in the Benetton.
Williams had the best car in '94 and '95 (actually they had the best car from '92 through to '97), but let's not kid ourselves Schumacher's Benetton car was a good car and the Benetton team was fast in the pits (their lightning fast pits stops won Schumacher a race or two in '94 and '95). But to Schumacher's credit (BTW I am NOT a Schumi fan), he was/is an extremely talented driver. One only needs to watch the '96 Spanish Grand Prix where the entire field struggled in the wet, the entire field except you know who.

Less than one week until the green flag flies for the start of the 2011 season. May the best driver/team win. I know who I will be cheering for. But if they fail to win, I will be jumping on the Massa bandwagon whenever possible. I am NOT a fan of the little guy, heck I am NOT a fan of Ferrari. But if it means beating you know who, I will cheer for the little Brazilian.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 382 Likes on 223 Posts

Didn't Wayne disappear for months after Alonso and his team choked last year?? Or was it just weeks??

I seem to recall a lot of fist shakin' and a great deal of pouting because some slower cars wouldn't let the true champion pass them.....

Maybe I'm mistaken.....
Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

You are mistaken and i have never disappeared .........i was out collecting my spoils as usual ..
Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Now if you want to get technical, yes Alonso is to date Renault's only WDC
You are special ....

Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by va122
I certainly hope this is the case.
It is the case, the stage has already been set , they have to rehab his image as well as that of the sport, it took a huge blackeye last year ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)