Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Renault has gone through years where their cars were not competitive just like Renault went through years where their car was highly competitive. They are no different than McLaren, Williams and Ferrari who have also experienced highs and lows in the sport.

Alonso is a good driver (too bad he is such a cry baby). But you need to take your "Fernado is the Greatest" blinders off. In 2005 and 2006 Alonso had a very good car. That was a huge influencing reason why he won.

BTW what company supplied Red Bull with their engines when they won the constructors championship in 2010? Could it have been Renault? The same company that supplied Williams with their engines from 1988 through 1997 when Williams had one of the best if not the best car? Of course the engine alone does not make the car, but it seems to me Renault has a history of supplying winning engines in F1. Fernando had a better car and a better engine than you are willing to acknowledge.
LMAO ......

Boss Renault has been in F1 as a constructor since the 70's they had never won a WDC before Alonso ... seen ..

Alonso 2 WDC for Renault is a bigger achievement than winning for Ferrari, because in order to do so he had to beat both Mclaren , Ferrari and there Prima donna's, get it ... ?

PS: Never said Alonso was the Greatest ........ahhh of course it's you..
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Boss Renault has been in F1 as a constructor since the 70's they had never won a WDC before Alonso ... seen ..
Are you serial? Renault has been a constructor since the 70's? Hmmm... I distinctly remember them being only an engine supplier for a few years. I wonder what Renault says:

http://www.renault.com/en/passionspo...ult-en-f1.aspx
Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Senna had to beat his teammate( another great WDC) something Vettel and Schumacher knows nothing about .

Right. So then Alonso had to beat his as well?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:24 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Alonso 2 WDC for Renault is a bigger achievement than winning for Ferrari, because in order to do so he had to beat both Mclaren , Ferrari and there Prima donna's, get it ... ?
Both Button and Vettel also beat McLaren and Ferrari and both Button and Vettel also won their first WDC's for their respective teams (oh and they beat Alonso when they did this LOL). So exactly what is your point saying all of this? A non-partisan would step back and say Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Button and Vettel have all achieved something special. When Alonso was teamed with Hamilton, did Alonso win? Nope ... his *** should have been fired after what he did in Hungary in '07, but obviously with millions on the line, Ron Denis had to bite his tongue and put up with the big baby for the rest of the year. Alonso is a good driver, but man oh man I will be laughing if Massa gets ahead of him in 2011. I might actually have to become a temporary Massa fan.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alonso is a good driver, but man oh man I will be laughing if Massa gets ahead of him in 2011. I might actually have to become a temporary Massa fan.
That would be a trip
Old 03-19-2011, 02:00 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Renault has been in F1 as a constructor since the 70's they had never won a WDC before Alonso.
In 2000 Renault bought the Benetton F1 team and entered the 2002 season as Renault. So if you want to say Alonso has been their only WDC, this is true in name only because Schumacher won for Benetton in '94 and '95 making the hated Schumacher the champ for Benetton/Renault well before Alonso won his two championships.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Oh brother! Michael Schumacher (Faux 7, Faux 7 Faux 7) legitimately winning an F1 Grand Prix? It has never happen in the past and will never - ever happen in the future.

All of his "wins" were the result of a conspiracies. RB slowing down. The tire manufacturers making a special tire for him and giving everyone else castoffs. The FIA always favors Ferrari. And sooo many more.

Help my out guys! A&W? RAJ? Luis de Prat? - the one who disappeared after that absolutely, unquestionable conspiracy ripped the title right out of Fernanda's manos.

What am I missing? A little help please.
You need to get your facts straight. Find one quote from me that ever called him "faux" or ever made those excuses for Scumi. Memory loss maybe, time to take the meds?? lol
Old 03-19-2011, 01:29 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Hey, why aren't you guys entered in the Rennlist F1 Championship?

If anyone needs some help or pointers in getting it set up, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help.
I will contact you if I run into issues.
Raj
Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Is there anyone out there besides myself who thinks all this "Faux Championship" babbling is a little over the top. Good grief people. There are some talented drivers in F1, but winning has always and will always be about who has the best car/team/driver package and who has a little Lady Luck on their side when the cards are on the table. Maybe I am alone here, but of the active drivers still racing, I don't see one driver as a Faux champion and another driver as a Real champion. I see:

Schumacher won 7 times (he would NOT have won 7 had Senna lived)
Alonso won twice
Hamilton won once
Button won once
Vettel won once

and in each of these WDCs, all these guys had awesome cars. Oh and I would love to see the Iceman return to the sport though sometimes it appeared that Kimi just didn't give a damn. May the ghost of Ayrton Senna haunt Kimi Raikkonen for not leaving it all on the table. Oh who am I kidding, Kimi Raikkonen doesn't even care when Senna's ghost haunts him. LOL
Yeah, you have it right. You are alone!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
How about we all lay off the "faux" stuff. I'm tempted to add it 'to the words this site filters and substitute "Sato" instead - just to make LTC happy
LTC and happy in the same sentence, NOT!!
That is an oximoron.
No, I did not call LTC a moron, so please don't write me a ticket, lol.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:09 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Five (5) World Driver's Champions are competing in the 2011 season. I was trying to find out if there is any other time in F1 history when there have been that many WDC drivers competing in the same season I suspect that the first three races of the season will separate the wheat from the chaff (sp?). I can hardly wait for the season to begin
Old 03-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dead and Boring .....

Looks like Stinky Pete and the amigos have finally succeeded ....

Bernie has to rehab Faux7's career before booting him out at years end , look for some miracle drives and with all the new stuff added , race manipulation will be easy considering how many of you blind nutbags are watching ...

Now Stoolmacher was the laughing stock of the paddock last year, the greatest Hevar bettered by ... ahhh Rosberg .....

Top Stoolmacher excuses :

*Not used to the tires ..................
*Give him more seat time watch Faux 7 roar ...
*Wait until he get's his new chassis................

The Greatest racing driving in the history of the sport could not even get a podium and finished worst than 5th in the WDC rankings all predicted by ...

Well suck it up guys , the new faux1 and the old faux 7 is going to live it up in 2011.. .henjoy ...

Same bull****, different year.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Let me break it down for yah :

WDC:

Alonso - (2)
Hamilton - (1)

Faux WDC :

Stoolmacher - (7)
Vettel - (1)
Button - (1)

The winner this year will depend on who pay's the vig ( as last year) again there will be an attempt at salvaging what's left of schumachers image, is the stool up to the task ?.... we will see !!!!
An even bigger pile.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne, let me see if I can extrapolate as to what it takes, in your mind, win a championship that it isn't a "faux" championship?

- Car that isn't tailored to a particular driver's style

- Beating a tough team mate

- Winning in a car that isn't leaps and bounds above the next best car

- 0 scandals, both publicized stuff and anything else people could think of to throw out there as potential partiality

Please add anything else to the equation if you feel that it's pertinent, but I think that my point will still be the same: How many F1 champions meet all these criteria? Lewis doesn't, Alonso doesn't, in your mind Schumacher doesn't, Senna doesn't.......I think you can see my point.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Wayne doesn't see any point except the one he is making.

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)