Sponsored by:

48hoursatsebring.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Question on videos; where can I upload a 4gb video file?

I have my chase cam files which are huge.....
Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Eric Tillotson
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vimeo is your best bet but you would have to resize it down prior to uploading it, I would use Window's Movie Maker and drag the orginal video clip on top the editing timeline and make the video as a .mwv or .mpeg file and you can also decrease the qualilty a bit to help with decreasing the file size.

GL.

Eric
Old 02-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Eric! I'll try to resize and then will post video of the enduro.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
dwe8922
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

This was my very first club race, and I had an absolute blast!! My first practice session out, I was a GTA sandwhich through turn one, and all I could think about was how cool and how scary that was all at the same time. I wish I could have been there Saturday to do the sprint races, but running the enduro was amazing. I was sooo dehydrated at the end, and sore! I couldn't be happier with my finish though. Thanks Christian and Peter and everybody else who helped me; I really appreciate it!

David
Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave morris
Big congratulations to Juan Lopez-Santini, winner of the Black Enduro yesterday morning!!! Won by 27.2 seconds with best lap of 2:264. Juan drives that beautiful yellow '69S with great skill. He's a real gentleman and great addition to PCA Club Racing. Way to go Juan!!!
Juan,

Congratulations on both the class and overall win in the Black Enduro on Sunday. You are are a credit to PCA Club Racing and a credit to Brady and all the great guys at 901 Shop in Stuart, FL. I thought it was a real plus for PCA Club Racing when Bruce and Ray Newman took the time to personally come out to find you after the race to let you know they had corrected the results to give you the overall win. You deserved it.

Dan Morris
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
The SPBOXs are also on R888 and not Hoosiers. Gladwill set fastest lap at 1:32.5, which I believe is the track record for the class.
Understood. Still not sure how to think about their performance though. In stock trim they are E cars as spbox they run 300lbs lighter. Mods are close to stock class with the exception of headers (is that right)? In my mind, the 300lbs more than makes up for the tires. Give me 300lbs (i.e., 30 additional hp) in my car and I'll gladly run R888's and maybe even catch Fred . Add in the fact they have better brakes and suspension than the torsion bar cars and I would think they would smoke the E field. It will be interesting to see how they perform as the year progresses. I would expect them to really perform strongly as the year goes on and more guys race/optimize the setup.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
OK enough of you front runners talking about your experience at this years 48 hrs, here is is what it looks like from the seat of a GT6S car, still having fun !
Rich
http://vimeo.com/9303376
That was a heck of a strong start!!! Great stuff Rich!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 697 Likes on 337 Posts

Thanks Fred, I was peddling as fast as I could!
Rich
Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I heard it 24th hand so I have nothing to add, but in that video it's quite obvious what happened. Too bad for the 914, he took the brunt of it.
No comments on the blame thing. But i will say that the white 914 may have surprised the blue 944 upon braking (like a double application of brakes for instance).

Gary, the real question is what happens after Feb 15 with your car?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FredC

Gary, the real question is what happens after Feb 15 with your car?
It turns back into a pumpkin
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sean F
It turns back into a pumpkin
Good for Gary. he has an easier time selling pumpkins it seems...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm putting my twin-plug in it set to run race gas and welding the hood closed so it can't be scruted...
Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
Juan,

Congratulations on both the class and overall win in the Black Enduro on Sunday. You are are a credit to PCA Club Racing and a credit to Brady and all the great guys at 901 Shop in Stuart, FL. I thought it was a real plus for PCA Club Racing when Bruce and Ray Newman took the time to personally come out to find you after the race to let you know they had corrected the results to give you the overall win. You deserved it.

Dan Morris
Many thanks Dan!!!

Brady and the rest of the team at 901Shop again gave me a perfect car and pit-stop (5:02 ! - and the 02 was my fault). I'm spoiled, their service, enthusiasm and dedication is unsurpassed.

I did not have an aero package nor had I ever driven on R6's until Saturday, they took care of providing for aero improvements and adjusting the car for the new tires. They sat down to go over the data with me and made some adjustments to my driving style to better suit the R6's and well, I won my class in all races.

On the PCA front, I agree, Bruce and Ray were great, they sat down and figured out the problem with timing and scoring. Their attention to this by coming to our camp to explain the situation and provide me with both an apology and the revised results was top notch.

That was a real plus to PCA Club Racing. Well done and appreciated.

See you at Sebring in March
Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
I would expect them to really perform strongly as the year goes on and more guys race/optimize the setup.
Yes, I also suspect that we'll see faster times as people "optimize" the setup
Old 02-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I'm putting my twin-plug in it set to run race gas and welding the hood closed so it can't be scruted...
So you're going with your standard motor and not upgrading.

Quick Reply: 48hoursatsebring.com