Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

48hoursatsebring.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The night sprint should be done by now.......

So, how was it?......
Old 02-06-2010, 10:20 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley
Is there any way to get a GT3 or GT4 results page posted as the above?

This...........
Old 02-07-2010, 08:47 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the weather was cool and dry, how bout the results ??
Old 02-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Brinkley
Pro

wanna911, what does "This......." mean?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a blast
Old 02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

As George Costanza once said, "these are really bad details".
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
As George Costanza once said, "these are really bad details".
I agree.

"Well, if you're not in the mood, then GET in the mood!"
Old 02-07-2010, 03:57 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Brinkley
wanna911, what does "This......." mean?
It means I want the same thing you asked for. Or I agree.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 PM
ajenks144
Instructor

Back from a great weekend at Sebring in my new SPBOX. What a blast to drive! I got up to speed pretty quick and me and Mike I had a great battle in the Fun Race and in Sprint Race 1. Unfortunately I came in 22 pounds light so I was DQed. In Sprint Race 2 Mike I decided to go spinning off at the exit of Turn 1 (and didn't hit anything!), so I followed Steve Watkins home to take 2nd.

The folks at Werkstatt did a great job building and preparing my boxster and it was a great weekend hanging out with the Werkstatt crew and all the SPBOX drivers from Texas.

Can't wait for Lime Rock!

-Andy
Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome track, great first Race at Sebring, but we had our share of adversity:

- On Friday broke front left upright (massive brake failure as the caliper's upper bolt seized the upright. Local welder repaired it but lost half the needed tracktime on Friday. Broke the rear swaybar (1st time Ive seen that!). It got welded Saturday AM and still in one piece working!!

- Overstretched my gas calculations and run out of fuel 1/2 lap from checker in the Sprint2 (while leading class.... grrrr!!!)

- Major screwup from Timing and Scoring as they didnt have a grid spot for me for the Enduro (most likely should have been P1), so they forced me to start from the last row!! ("I was seventh" images going through my mind while arguing with the grid marshals!)

- Then the shiftercable popped off and rolled to a DNF! in lap 20 after making progress from the rear up to P4 overall...

On the plus side and what really counts:

- Good fight for the class win in H class in the Sprint 1 while still learning the track; then some good racing with a few GT cars in Sprint2
- Night racing is the most overwhelming racing experience I've had recently but once in the groove of the race, following Greck Pickeral's nice clean lines (Thanks' Greg!) it ALL suddenly clicked! NEwfound speed around Sebring!: On Sunday morning i was 2 seconds faster!
- Managed a 2:24.4 on Sunday's warmup! HStock record!
- Never had so much fun passing so many cars in the Enduro. It was an exercise of "controlled" pissed-off driving (due the timing/grid screwup)

All in, awesome historic track, but it is certainly a car wrecker! Apologies to a few for some forceful passes in the Enduro but I needed to get up front ("I was seventh" moments of controlled aggression)
Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Fantastic time, I too had some problems with classifications (stain on me) but it was a GREAT EVENT. Once I got out of the cup car group I had some fun during the night and enduro. First PCA club race for me, the drivers are true gents, thanks for letting me be part of it.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well.....

AWESOME first Sprint in GTC3. Fernando and I had a GREAT race. Only my local knowledge of Sebring helped me take the win...well almost. A phantom pass under yellow (no one could ever tell me who or where I passed under yellow) gave me a lap penalty after the race and took the class win away. Fernando, I'll PM you with my contact info. I appreciate your offer of the video.

Second sprint was supposed to be gridded off of the fastest lap in the first sprint. Ended up that the times didn't get down to the grid fast enough. I started behind some slower cars, Fernando and Raffa drove great while I overdrove the car and tires....third place.

Night race was even worse. After all day (and night) practices Thursday, all day practices Friday and two sprints Saturday, I skipped the night practice before the night race. Didn't realize that the "practice" was also qualifying, so I started 2nd from last on the grid... Given that it was only a twelve lap race and who I was racing against, there just wasn't enough time.....4th.

Enduro Sunday, we had a good 30 second lead 35 minutes into the race (after Fernando had some engine troubles) when a GTC4 car hit us in the hairpin ending the enduro.

It started awesome... ended not so much. Still a great weekend and still the best Club Race of the season IMO. Nothing like 50 Cup Cars going into Turn 1 at the start of the race!

Also, congrats to my buddy Christian who is now an official PCA Licensed Racer. Great job Christian!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

@ Peter, thanks for the online and offline support. Just got in......and my girls were watching the game cheering/groaning whilst I am doing laundry (suit, cool shirt....) funny.

Life is great.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:22 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

Can anyone post the results for all the Cup car races? Specifically GTC4. and what kind of times were there for the C3 and C4 and the new C5 cars?
Boy I wish I was there!!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Enduro Results?

Quick Reply: 48hoursatsebring.com