Sponsored by:

Koni cup GS porsche dyno power

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

I need one of your face palms here!

Hey, what is need more at Road america, big hp or big torque, or both?

Lets hear some of your "facts" here.

Answer: Well, the little 6 banger porsche won speedGT ! Believe me now???

Originally Posted by
Mark, I have probably added more value, based on FACTS, here than you would ever admit. Jury's out on your added value. And again, I purport that your lack of an appreciable difference between the tires is directly related to your set-up and how you drive. I will leave it at that.

[SIZE="1"
Professional Racing and Driving Coach[/SIZE]
Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

More facts I see. Hmm, isnt 2004 from this decade??
(this one is 2001 and I have others to 2003)

What color is the sky in your world Dave?

mk

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wanna bet? Oh, and mine is from this decade...

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I need one of your face palms here!

Hey, what is need more at Road america, big hp or big torque, or both?

Lets hear some of your "facts" here.

Answer: Well, the little 6 banger porsche won speedGT ! Believe me now???
No, with all DUE respect, I don't. At Road America, you also have to figure aero efficiency and driver skill in additon to grip and engine characteristics. That little 6 banger cuts thru the air a whole lot better than its competition, it would seem to me.

Mark, I am not going to toy with you, even though it is incredibly easy and amusing. I do not want to get banned.

You are entitled to your beliefs, no matter how ill-informed they may be. Bless your little heart! You will never admit that you might be incorrect about any claim you have made here. And that's fine. As a wealthier guy than I regularly says, we'll let the audience decide.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Yes, lets not be.

Ok, back on topic.

yes, stellar car! is that an understatement? have you see it up close?
its a 550hp monster that is fitted to basically a fordGT chassis. probably more capable than transam. Ill say it again, when guys that have won GT/touring races, get in similar cars, the times are not far off others that can wheel a car around a track well.

mk

Mark, don't be nasty. You were warned about this. I am only stating the obvious facts, since we have gone round & round on the tire issue.

Davis' coach is a guy I know quite well, who has long experience in that sort of car. IMO, hooking up with him and having (finally) a stellar car is what made the difference.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yes, lets not be.

Ok, back on topic.

yes, stellar car! is that an understatement? have you see it up close?
its a 550hp monster that is fitted to basically a fordGT chassis. probably more capable than transam. Ill say it again, when guys that have won GT/touring races, get in similar cars, the times are not far off others that can wheel a car around a track well.

mk
Doesn't matter as much as you claim. Davis' driving has really come up lately. that is not exactly an easy car to drive at race-winning pace. Kudos to him for raising his game to get it done.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:33 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Well, thats the discussion, isnt it. you give me 550hp, a ford GT chassis pawned off as a mustangGT, and a seemingless unlimited racing budget, I will turn , as will many others, turn those same times. Hey, guys are doing it with less as we speak. He has had some great racing lately, but many of his races didnt involve too mcuh traffic. He just checked out at Long Beach. Is that great racing? I have a world of respect for him and his dad Mike. (and the car as well) BUT, dont count out the other talent out there. There are plenty of good drivers out there. Again, where all of them earn or loose their keep, is making good or bad on track decisions and not crushing in the heat of the battle. You dont have the car, you aint going to win the race.

Doesn't matter as much as you claim. Davis' driving has really come up lately. that is not exactly an easy car to drive at race-winning pace. Kudos to him for raising his game to get it done.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Well, thats the discussion, isnt it. you give me 550hp, a ford GT chassis pawned off as a mustangGT, and a seemingless unlimited racing budget, I will turn those same times.
I seriously doubt it.

Would you like to revisit why you believe the Porsche won WCGT at Road America?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Maybe you should watch me chase Brandon around laguna then? Maybe I have to ask you again. Do you know what it takes to drive a 1:37 at Laguna in all temp and track conditions, sans rain, or 1:48 with no brakes, or how about 1:45 with one gear, or 1:53 in the rain?

porsche win at RA? Sure, lets visit it.

HP/weight dictating torque at the rear wheels at any speed and point on the track. Absolute weight and consistant driving. Hp to drag ratio, might have been the same due to the smaller size of the porsche vs the vipers. Amazing it only had 1/2 the engine torque coming off any of the slower corners like the first 3 turns and the last 3 turns
And, eveyone was down on power a bit due to the humidity.

Mk

I seriously doubt it.

Would you like to revisit why you believe the Porsche won WCGT at Road America?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Maybe you should watch me chase Brandon around laguna then? Maybe I have to ask you again. Do you know what it takes to drive a 1:37 at Laguna in all temp and track conditions, sans rain, or 1:48 with no brakes, or how about 1:45 with one gear, or 1:53 in the rain?

porsche win at RA? Sure, lets visit it.

HP/weight dictating torque at the rear wheels at any speed and point on the track. Absolute weight and consistant driving. Hp to drag ratio, might have been the same due to the smaller size of the porsche vs the vipers. Amazing it only had 1/2 the engine torque coming off any of the slower corners like the first 3 turns and the last 3 turns
And, eveyone was down on power a bit due to the humidity.

Mk
And, as I have already stated, Brandon has become a MUCH better driver since then, in part due to coaching. You? Well....who knows.

As for the other, you have given at least 3 different answers.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Beliefs? Do you have the slightest clue about what the aero forces are with the GT3 and the mustang, Vet, viper?? Have you heard of HP/drag ratio (or torqe at the rear wheels, to aero drag ratio)? all of the cars have similar Cd ratios, right. however, if one has 2x the frontal area as an other, it will need much more hp to drive it. if that HP is available to drive the aero at the high speeds, there will be trade offs. OFTEN times, the greater gross hp cars have the advantage. Ask any of the knowedgable contacts you have about this. Lap times confirm this. the fastest lap was the leading porsche, but the broken Viper was within a tenth of this time. if aero was a factor, those best times wouldnt have been so close. It was a number of things. most dominant, is the absolute weight of a porsche for cornering and braking, which ARE HUGE at Road America. Now, does the adience agree?
as a smarter guy than I always says, keep your mind open and you might learn something. If ANYTHING Ive posted here is wrong, I surely would like to learn why and fix it. So far, the absolutes I.ve posted. (not feelings) have been right from the source. (i.e. Newton, etc). Another wise man said, just because you can predict something, doesnt mean you understand the basica principles. If you dont, you will be wrong more than you are right.

Now, you roll your eyes when I give more than "3 different " answers. Hmmm, yes Dave racing results in all areas are due to hundreds of factors. I just picked out the most influential. You know the reason I brought it up. I bet you still are not aware that the engine torque value makes no difference comparatively, if the engine rpm is proportionally different in the same direction. as I have posted many times, with close ratio gears, the Viper and porsche can come off turns with the exact same "grunt" acceleration, or REAR WHEEL Torque, as multipled through the gear box, IF they have the same HP/weight at that same speed. I know it makes you head hurt to think about it, but its one of the most misunderstood concepts in the automotive world.

mk

No, with all DUE respect, I don't. At Road America, you also have to figure aero efficiency and driver skill in additon to grip and engine characteristics. That little 6 banger cuts thru the air a whole lot better than its competition, it would seem to me.

Mark, I am not going to toy with you, even though it is incredibly easy and amusing. I do not want to get banned.

You are entitled to your beliefs, no matter how ill-informed they may be. Bless your little heart! You will never admit that you might be incorrect about any claim you have made here. And that's fine. As a wealthier guy than I regularly says, we'll let the audience decide.

Last edited by mark kibort; 08-17-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Mark, Mark, Mark....oy....

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 11-10-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I want to respond with a picture of you on the beach, but I promised.

Just

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor;
Mark, Mark, Mark....oy....

Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 40 Posts

Back on topic - stumbled upon this

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1265191

Koni motor for sale - "around 415 crank hp"
Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 PM