Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 SIngapore GP , News ,Updates, Results..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

massa should be very very angryhe had it for a while

but when it comes to F1 - the race is still a race until the end
that's what i love about it

when the safety car comes out any asphalt you own ahead of the others gets erased
Old 09-28-2008, 11:07 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

FA was pretty circumspect. He recognized that the had bad luck on Saturday, and good luck today.

That's racing.

Masa and Alonso are putting in impressive years, and Hami is still below his own expectations, that makes him a real under achiever (in my book).

What is the difference between God and Hamilton?

God doesn't think he is Hamilton!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
FA was pretty circumspect. He recognized that the had bad luck on Saturday, and good luck today.

That's racing.

Masa and Alonso are putting in impressive years, and Hami is still below his own expectations, that makes him a real under achiever (in my book).

What is the difference between God and Hamilton?

God doesn't think he is Hamilton!
He is 1st in the points chase. Really good driver in my book.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn , Amigos hello..... anyone here , Finn, come out, come out and take it like a man .....Big head fred has delivered ..................

ha ha...congrat's Wayne! My wife woke up towards the end of the race and said, chit Big Head Fred is winning? She put the pillow over her head.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
I wanted to see the podium/press conference to see how much Fragile Freddy was fooling himself into thinking he actually won that race.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
ha ha...congrat's Wayne! My wife woke up towards the end of the race and said, chit Big Head Fred is winning? She put the pillow over her head.
HA, Ha, LOL... yep ! welcome back stranger
Old 09-29-2008, 02:42 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
I want a fvcking picture of Masa driving down the pitlane with the hose attached with a big "FAIL" across the bottom.

Fill in the caption. Shame on Ferrari for not making adjustments.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

ugh
Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911

Fill in the caption. Shame on Ferrari for not making adjustments.
Definitely not the scuderia's finest performance. What an amateur move. Didn't Massa's car have mirrors? Head honcho Monte must be really kicking himself.

Can't understand what's going on with Kimi, either. If anything, he's definitely proving it takes more than luck to be two-time WDC.

As for FA, some lesser known facts:

- He ran without any drinking water from lap 2 and finished the gruelling race badly dehydrated.

- Having only seen the Singapore circuit on a map and a Youtube video, he basically memorized it. An ability he proved recently in Madrid at a go kart track where he gave a detailed account of the driving experience down the smallest detail in an interview after only having driven it once.

FA really delivered. I'm just glad the crummy Renault 28 held up for him this time!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

FA really delivered this win, and credit must also go to Renault, because the car was good as well, with Alonso consistently at the pointy end of the time sheets. Although he benefited from good fortune in the race, he did suffer in qualifying. As it all shook out, it may have worked to his favor, as if he had qualified near the front, he may have gone with a fuel load more similar to the others and not been in the position to benefit from the safety car. In that case, he well could have ended up a couple of positions down – or maybe not. Like him or not, the guy is a superb all-round pilot.

One has to feel for Massa, I think he looked like a lock for the win. But it is a team sport, and on the flip side, Ferrari has provided him with what might be the best car this year. Win some, lose some I guess.

I was VERY impressed with Rosberg. He maximized every segment of the race and it all came good. When he had to pit during the SC and incur the penalty, I thought it was over for him. But he buckled down and took full advantage of his ability to run in clean air to make a useful cushion. Great example of a driver “making” his luck.

Hamilton drove an intelligent race, did what he could without any wild risks. It was fascinating in qualifying how much worse the Mac seemed to go on the softer tire.

I found it interesting how in this race, Massa received the penalty for the unsafe release into oncoming traffic (team’s fault, not Massa’s – I know). What is funny is that Massa was already dead-last and pretty much out of it so I guess the penalty was not that much of a penalty in reality. However, in Valencia, for essentially the same offence, the team received only a fine. Of course in that instance, a win was at stake! Maybe it was not unintentional bias, but it does illustrate the inconsistency that we often see in application of the rules.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Looks' like Ferrari has replaced KR, how else will they pull this off :

Ferrari target three one-two finishes

By Jonathan Noble Monday, September 29th 2008, 13:20 GMT

Ferrari believe their world championship ambitions are still alive, despite a disastrous Singapore Grand Prix leaving them trailing Lewis Hamilton.

A pitstop blunder resulted in Felipe Massa leaving the pits with his refuelling rig still attached to his car, effectively wrecking his evening, while Kimi Raikkonen crashed out near the end of the race.

Ferrari's troubles mean Hamilton now has a seven-point advantage in the drivers' standings over Massa, which means he can finish second to the Brazilian in the final three races and still win the title.

But Ferrari are not downbeat about the situation and instead are now only focused on scoring the one-two finishes that will secure Massa the crown.

Team principal Stefano Domenicali said: "We have three races to go, and we will approach the last three races with the fact we can do first and second every time. We have the potential to do it, so the target is very clear.

"It is not easy, but don't forget that we have faced a very difficult situation over the last couple of years, and we were sometimes able to win, sometimes unfortunately to lose, but the motivation is still the same.

"The team are very strong, but unfortunately you have the moments like today. But two hours after the race, we were already motivated and looking forward to doing to Japan to attack again."

With Raikkonen writing off his own championship chances after his Singapore crash, Domenicali said he was sure the Finn would do everything he could to help Massa win the title.

"I'm pretty sure he knows what he has to do," said Domenicali. "He will fight because he's part of the team, so I don't have any doubt about that."

Gerhard Ferrari needs vettel to finish 2 nd in the remaining races, Yah
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

More pix, if not already posted: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...rand_prix.html
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome pics! Thanks for the link.

That place really looks awesome and the cars amazing at night light.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yep awesome pics .....................................................................
Old 09-29-2008, 04:21 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

http://massa-noooooooo.ytmnd.com/

Quick Reply: 2008 SIngapore GP , News ,Updates, Results..