Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 SIngapore GP , News ,Updates, Results..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Careful.....you'll soon be branded by Sir A. Wayne as one of the 3 Amigos....it's actually a much larger number than 3, but who's counting
I am being careful, that's why I left off the rest of Schumi's response:

"...you can take dancing lessons from A Wayne. No one's better about dancing around a direct question than our boy A!"

No sir, I do not want to be branded an Amigo.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
No sir, I do not want to be branded an Amigo.
I dont' know, I've sort of gotten used to the hat and outfit.....and I'm just the 'Friday Driver' for the 3 Amigos.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

At the risk of going OT, who's serious, and who's joking in all this?

A. Wayne?

Finn?

VR?

ITC?

All the Amigos?

Only the Amigos?

Have I left anyone out?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,332 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Sorry, A. ****** has been taken away in a straight jacket. He'll respond after the mandatory 72 hour hold.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Uh-oooo Wayn'e eye is gonna be twitching now
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take a cut at that Mike.

A. Wayne? - Seriously delusional about Alonso going to Ferarri next year.

Finn? - Seriously and irrationally in love with anything Finnish.

VR? - Seriously sick but that's a whole nother thread.

ITC? - Seriously wishing he was as fast as his kid.

Ray? – Ray’s my pal but on this topic, he’s Seriously nuts.

Have I left anyone out? - I think the only thing missing is someone that actually knows what they are talking about. Me for example. Here’s what’s really going to happen next year.

Kimi will drive the best car in F1 and find a way not to win. How do I know? He’s been doing it for years!

Hamilton will win plenty of races but won’t win the WDC. How do I know? Because Ron Dennis always finds a way to screw up the team and the championship. I love the way the English press and the Amigos blame FA for the collapse of Mac last year. Dennis has made under achieving an art form.

Massa will be fast, Massa will be slow. No one will know why.

Alonso will win three races and be in the WDC hunt at the end of the year driving the third best car on the grid. Why? Because he’s the best driver in F1.

What else do you want to know?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JimB
I'll take a cut at that Mike.

A. Wayne? - Seriously delusional about Alonso going to Ferarri next year.

Finn? - Seriously and irrationally in love with anything Finnish.

VR? - Seriously sick but that's a whole nother thread.

ITC? - Seriously wishing he was as fast as his kid.

Have I left anyone out? - I think the only thing missing is someone that actually knows what they are talking about. Me for example. Here’s what’s really going to happen next year.

Kimi will drive the best car in F1 and find a way not to win. How do I know? He’s been doing it for years!

Hamilton will win plenty of races but won’t win the WDC. How do I know? Because Ron Dennis always finds a way to screw up the team and the championship. I love the way the English press and the Amigos blame FA for the collapse of Mac last year. Dennis has made under achieving an art form.

Alonso will win three races and be in the WDC hunt at the end of the year driving the third best car on the grid. Why? Because he’s the best driver in F1.
Jim, that is seriously helping me understand all this.

Very far reaching analysis. Despite what you say, I think you know exactly what you are talking about. Seriously.

What else do you want to know?
Well, since you asked, there is one thing I want to know.

The government is going to be moving around 700 billion bucks. There's gotta be a way we can make serious money in this.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim, that is seriously helping me understand all this.

Very far reaching analysis. Despite what you say, I think you know exactly what you are talking about. Seriously.

Well, since you asked, there is one thing I want to know.

The government is going to be moving around 700 billion bucks. There's gotta be a way we can make serious money in this.

Yes we can ! there should be enough "change" for everyone ...

The amigos are clueless as always. There are 3 amigos and 1 side kick , the Finn , Ocassionally they will have guest ******** swing in ( pole and Mtosi ) ....

The amigos are:

1, Wiki Petey ( head numb nut )
2. Ray, Ray ( head sack washer )
3. ITC ( jock strap carrier )

All 3 are clueless about racing ( well itc and the finn a little ) wikipetey and ray, ray auto -x tips and from this vast racing experience they give us their myopic wisdom..

There mascot is F1's 7 times Pepto Dismal WDC , who with all his greatness manage to lose his job to an ex-waiter Kimi raikkonen ..

THe Finn has cataracts and cannot see KR's dismal performances , alas his Finnish buddies and the amigos tells him Kimi is off and will be back at work in 09..He believes them .

I say , get Pepto Dismal away from his bike and back in an F1 car , so lewis and Alonso can finish kicking his **** , for KR , by the bastard a drink and tell him have a nice day ..

Pepto Dismal -
Attached Images   

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-07-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,
I'm focused on getting the treasury dept to sponsor an IMSA ride for me next year. We'll call it the BAIL-OUT EXPRESS!

If they can bail out homeowners that bought more house than they could afford and they can bail out wall streeters that entered into risky investments why can't they slip a little money to a guy that wants to spend more on a high risk hobby than he can afford?

And the best part, my livery is perfect for representing a plan that's bound to go down in flames!
Jim
Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note, Massa hasnt been slow since he's been in the running for WDC.

Doesnt the same thing apply to Kimi. He was fast before, and Massa wasnt, now it's the opposite, they are hardly ever both fast at the same time.

But they have both been slow at the same time.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

An opinion from the nut gallery.

Could be. In the past there is no question that Kimi's equipment failed much more frequently than Kimi's driving. This year I'd agree he's got no such excuse. He seems to have lost some of his fire. '09 will be a make or break year for Kimi.

Hamilton has matured some this year (he still has a bit to go). He'll probably win the WDC this year and will be in the running again in '09 if he has good equipment.

I'd agree with you here.

Alonso has talent, but he also seems to have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old (that's why Wayne relates to him so well). I suspect his baggage is the real reason he is stuck at Renault again despite his obvious desire to bolt.

No question Renault has come farther in development of it's car this year than most. But, heaven forbid they dump Piquet in '09 and team Alo with someone who challenges him. If so what would stop Alo from tearing himself apart again like last year?

Once all of the driver moves and car changes get sorted out for '09 it should make for an interesting year.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ Murphy
What's really cool is that no matter how wrong your opinion is, it doesn't change the fact that Kimi is driving the ferrari next year and Alonso isn't.
Yes, but Alonso is winning and Kimi isn't. What do you think is more important to Ferrari?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Alonso has talent, but he also seems to have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old (that's why Wayne relates to him so well). I suspect his baggage is the real reason he is stuck at Renault again despite his obvious desire to bolt.
Definitely more emotionally mature than the WDC leader, who rode his a$$ in the last lap at Fuji for no other reason that to pass FA finishing 12th and not adding any points.

FA has ridden this out all season. I guess it's lost on you that it really does take a mature driver to hang in there with a subpar car and keep driving like FA has done.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

It's interesting to go back and see what was said about the now controversial Alonso win.

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
I have zero photoshop skills but someone needs to PS in a thought bubble that says... "I can't believe I won that race" right above FA's head.
Freddie, it looks like the bubble should read....."I can't believe no one knows we had Piquet carsh on purpose"

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn , you response must be tongue in **** cheeks..

1, firstly i said last year Kimi raikkonen was the 4th man of the top 4 , he is !
2. I said Massa was faster than Kimi , but fragile , he is !
3. Then i said FA was the most complete Driver in F1 making him no 1 , He is
4. I told you last year that the rookie Hamilton was the second best driver in F1 and the most talented , better than KR,,, he is
5. I also said last year that FA has a signed deal with Ferrari ( he does ) and it was blocked by his release contract from mcClaren ( this has now been proven ) he is now free to go to Ferrari in 09 hence he needed a 1 yr deal in 08, which he got from renault,,,, correct on all accounts.

6. FA will be in a Ferrari for 09 that was my prediction last year and i still stand by it until he announces something different .

7. KR is a dis-grace , he lucked into a WDC last year and has been outpaced by his teammate all year. TO have such a low work output while having his **** in the best seat in F1, is a disgrace. If KR is in a Ferrari next year it would be the greatest travesty to the sport , EVER ! I have seen drivers lose their Job and or their life in this sport trying to produce . KR is a salad and is not deserving of a top drive there is no such **** as being "Off"
In the good days they would have told him to get the **** out and that would be it heck they did it to 3 WDC Prost( at the time ) who was 5 times better than KR will ever be .

8. Of course you and the amigos bet for this year's WDC, KR...... ohhh my such depth , such wisdom... anyway i will share the spoils with you my friend , not to worry MJ has already told me you are good for 2 shots then you are out .
Anyway next time think twice before you bet on a guy who lucked into a WDC and attend drivers meetings drunk ....., BWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaa,

KR having an "OFF" period , ahh yes silly season
^^^Fail

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Soooooo.... Where's the proof that Alonso was blocked to go to factory team for this season?
(I have no problem of admitting Kimi has screwed up this season, somehow the top brass of F1 likes him though which means much more than what you or Spanish media thinks)

I don't need to. Alonso is not going to Ferrari for next year and since you guys are so keen to know what's happening for him next year, I'll let the car out of the bag:
Alonso remains at Renault for 2009 (it won't be released yet but it's done and if either of you want to bet on this, be my quest).

It won't take too long since all the pieces are slowly falling in place so "news" can be released.
Since Rosberg stayed at Williams, BMW was able to confirm that they continue with their current due, next will be Honda, then it shouldn't be too long until Renault will publish this.
^^^^Win

Finn if no Ferrari, then of course he will stay @ Renault , BMW would be a lateral move and a gamble for next year .

Now if Kimi still has a job @ ferrari next year , then i would agree the sport is dead and it is not about racing as it was in the past .
^^^^FAIL

Wayne,

Sorry Wayne but there is no IF and for the past coupld of years, the sport is doing better than it has in years. Between 1st & last the time difference is much closer that it used to be. That's of course because the rules were "frozen" which I'm afraid might change again now with KERS etc. but Alonso and the fact that he'll remain at Renault has nothing to do how good the racing is next year.

(and where's that "Alonso was blocked to go to a factory team in 2008" proof?)
^^^Win

Finn dats funny !

I said if KR STAYS @ FERRARI .... the sport is dead
^^^^Fail

No it doesn't, Alonso has no one to blame but himself for getting stuck at Renault. A place that even Renault technical director Bob Bell says Alonso does not want to be.

Surely, being wrong so often must even begin to weigh on Alsonso's biggest cheerleader............................................................. .............paging Mr. Wayne........................................Mr. A.Wayne
^^^^Win

Wayne,

Again, when it comes to Alonso - Renault - Ferrari, there is no IF there, Alonso is not, and I repeat to you, Alonso is not going to Ferrari next year.
Sorry, I know truth some times hurt but it's better to accept it that to try and live in dreams.

And... What seems like the 1000th time, where's that "Alonso was blocked to go to a factory team in 2008" proof?
^^^Win

Enough of that, you think KR sucks, I don't.

However, back to the question you try to avoid: Alonso was free to go to any team for this year, yet he was forced to go to back to Renault, didn't get the ride in Ferrari because they didn't want him (same way they don't want him for 2009).
Yet you've repeated that same "FA was blocked to go to Ferrari" 1000 times, it would be enlightening if even for this one time, you would show us some facts of your claims.

And really, you can stop praying at nights hoping Alonso gets a ride in Ferrari for next year (even though "he turned them down" ) because he's not.
Keep the Renault hat, you'll need it next year.
^^^^Win

Originally Posted by Russ Murphy
What's really cool is that no matter how wrong your opinion is, it doesn't change the fact that Kimi is driving the ferrari next year and Alonso isn't.
^^^^Win

Careful,,,,,,or you will make Wayne's eye twitch. I am certain that the mere mention of Kimi or Michael makes him twitch like Chief Inspector Dreyfus.

^^^Still true one year later

Also interesting to see how right some predictions were and how wrong others were.

Last edited by Ray S; 09-12-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

More....

Finn , Amigos BWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HELLO, hello ,hello.......... HELLO, hello, hello..... anyone here , Finn, come out, come out and take it like a man .....Big head fred has delivered ..................

KR proved again he started the race in the fastest car .....Ferrari . Tch ,tch

The best and most complete driver in F1 , wins in a Renault . things that make you go Hmmm

By Matt Beer Sunday, September 28th 2008, 14:03 GMT

Fernando Alonso came from 15th on the grid to take Renault's first victory in two years as an early safety car turned the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix inside out.

The former world champion had pitted before the interruption, so was able to vault to the front as others stopped during the yellow.

Nico Rosberg recovered from a penalty to take a remarkable second for Williams, with Lewis Hamilton extending his championship lead in third place as Felipe Massa finished outside the points after a dramatic pitstop incident.

Alonso languished in the midfield at the start following his qualifying failure, as Massa (Ferrari) gradually edged away from Hamilton up front. The two leaders initially left Massa's teammate Kimi Raikkonen behind, but as the first stint went on, the world champion found more pace and set several fastest laps as he gained on Hamilton.

In their wake, Robert Kubica (BMW) and Heikki Kovalainen (McLaren) banged wheels at the start, allowing Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso) and Timo Glock (Toyota) to get between them.

But all the early activity was rendered irrelevant when Nelson Piquet had a heavy crash in his Renault on lap 14, prompting a safety car.

This was ideal timing for his teammate Alonso, who had opted for an aggressive strategy and had pitted for the first time on lap 12, when only 11th.

Red Bull's David Coulthard and Mark Webber, and Honda's Rubens Barrichello all managed to dive in just before the pits were closed, although Webber and Barrichello couldn't take advantage as both suffered mechanical failures shortly afterwards.

But the safety car appeared disastrous for Rosberg and Kubica, who were running low on fuel and had no choice but to stop in the closed pits, inevitably incurring penalties. Rosberg at least took his stop sooner than Kubica, emerging further up the safety car queue - which would later prove crucial.

Massa was able to wait until the pits were open before stopping, only to pull away with his fuel rig still attached when Ferrari's semi-automatic system appeared to give him a premature green light.

The Ferrari wrenched the fuel hose from the rig, with one mechanic requiring a precautionary trip to the medical centre, and Massa then had to wait at the pit exit while his crew ran down to detach the hose. He would also incur a drive-through penalty for being released into the path of Adrian Sutil during the chaos, leaving the pole-sitter at the tail of the field.

Rosberg emerged at the front of the queue ready for the restart, followed by one-stoppers Jarno Trulli (Toyota) and Giancarlo Fisichella (Force India), both yet to pit, then Kubica, the well-placed Alonso, the Red Bulls and Hamilton.

The officials then took five laps to deliberate Rosberg's penalty, allowing the Williams to charge away from the field as Trulli and particularly Fisichella delayed the rest of the pack.

Rosberg was therefore able to establish a sufficient lead to rejoin just ahead of the battling Coulthard and Hamilton, having effectively neutralised his penalty.

When Trulli and Fisichella eventually pitted, Alonso found himself in the lead of the race, and duly edged away from Rosberg, who in turn left Coulthard and Hamilton in his wake.

The McLaren finally passed Coulthard just before their final pitstops, the Red Bull having lost momentum as Alonso rejoined ahead of them following his own last stop. Coulthard then lost time and places at his stop when he pulled away prematurely.

That left Alonso with a comfortable 14-second advantage over Rosberg, and 25 seconds clear of Hamilton, until the safety car was called again on lap 50 when Sutil crashed having seemingly been distracted by Massa having a quick spin ahead of him.

This brought the pack right back onto Alonso's tail, but the Renault driver shrugged this off and stormed away at the restart - re-establishing a six-second lead in just two laps.

Rosberg was able to resist Hamilton to take a career-best second, while the result extended Hamilton's championship lead back up to seven points.

Glock finished fourth, with Raikkonen using a very long middle stint to move back up to fifth after having to queue behind Massa at their first stops. The reigning champion's miserable season took another unhappy turn though when he ran wide and crashed out with only three laps to go.

Vettel was consequently elevated to fifth, having lost a place to Glock when he ran wide at the first restart.

Nick Heidfeld (BMW), Coulthard, and Williams' Kazuki Nakajima completed the points scorers ahead of Honda's Jenson Button.

Kovalainen also lost time queuing behind Hamilton in the first safety car pitstops, and making an early second pit visit failed to pay off, leaving him 10th, ahead of Kubica, who couldn't emulate Rosberg's pre-penalty charge as he was stuck behind Fisichella.

What had seemed such a promising afternoon for Massa ended in a lowly 13th place between Sebastien Bourdais' Toro Rosso and Fisichella, who lacked the speed after his pitstop to capitalise on his brief period in the top three, while Trulli retired from a likely fifth position with a late gearbox failure.

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

The Singapore Grand Prix
Singapore, Singapore;
61 laps; 309.087km;
Weather: Dry.

Classified:

Pos Driver Team Time
1. Alonso Renault (B) 1h57:16.304
2. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 2.957
3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 5.917
4. Glock Toyota (B) + 8.155
5. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 10.268
6. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 11.101
7. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) + 16.387
8. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) + 18.489
9. Button Honda (B) + 19.885
10. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 26.902
11. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 27.975
12. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 29.432
13. Massa Ferrari (B) + 35.170
14. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari (B) + 43.571
15. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) + 4 laps

Fastest lap: Raikkonen, 1:45.599

Not classified/retirements:

Driver Team On lap
Trulli Toyota (B) 51
Sutil Force India-Ferrari (B) 50
Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 30
Barrichello Honda (B) 15
Piquet Renault (B) 14

World Championship standings, round 15:

Drivers: Constructors:
1. Hamilton 84 1. McLaren-Mercedes 135
2. Massa 77 2. Ferrari 134
3. Kubica 64 3. BMW Sauber 120
4. Raikkonen 57 4. Renault 51

5. Heidfeld 56 5. Toyota 46
6. Kovalainen 51 6. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 31
7. Alonso 38 7. Red Bull-Renault 28
8. Vettel 27 8. Williams-Toyota 26
9. Trulli 26 9. Honda 14
10. Glock 20
11. Webber 20
12. Rosberg 17
13. Piquet 13
14. Barrichello 11
15. Nakajima 9
16. Coulthard 8
17. Bourdais 4
18. Button 3

All timing unofficial
^^^^FAIL

Originally Posted by MTosi
What is this Wayne? Is "Ferrari International Assistance" now in Alonso's corner as well? It must some how be linked to the vast conspiracy against LH....
^^^^WIN

Congrats to Alonso (I bet Wayne's still having a woody), he owes a big thank you to his team's perfectly planned race strategy of having Nelsinho to pull the SC out...
^^^^HUGE WIN!!

LOL, Wayne you crack me up.

It's almost as if you really believe Fred ended up at the top of the podium off of a brilliant drive. Anyone who actually watched the race witnessed the unusual luck involved in the win.

He certainly put in a good drive, but the win was the result of the crazy circumstances of the race more than any particular brilliance in his drive.
^^^^Big WIN

Ray ...Spoken like a true ballwashing hallucinating, myoptic , pink triangle , loser ......

Ohhhhh, shame for Massa, Ohhh mmmmy , a choke for Kimi , well another choke... LOL...
Keep it up kiss of death ray , your last 2 picks had their employment terminated from Ferrari
now you want to jump ship to hamilton. Well ladies and gents you heard it hear first.
If Monty pays enough for FA and he is in at Ferrari in 09 Raylene will become a Hamilton fan
remember dat ........................................................................ .....................................
^^^^Massive FAIL

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
As for FA, some lesser known facts:

- He ran without any drinking water from lap 2 and finished the gruelling race badly dehydrated.

- Having only seen the Singapore circuit on a map and a Youtube video, he basically memorized it. An ability he proved recently in Madrid at a go kart track where he gave a detailed account of the driving experience down the smallest detail in an interview after only having driven it once.

FA really delivered. I'm just glad the crummy Renault 28 held up for him this time!
^^^^FAIL It looks like a "fact" may have been overlooked in the win

Originally Posted by amjf088
FA really delivered this win, and credit must also go to Renault, because the car was good as well, with Alonso consistently at the pointy end of the time sheets. Although he benefited from good fortune in the race, he did suffer in qualifying. As it all shook out, it may have worked to his favor, as if he had qualified near the front, he may have gone with a fuel load more similar to the others and not been in the position to benefit from the safety car. In that case, he well could have ended up a couple of positions down – or maybe not. Like him or not, the guy is a superb all-round pilot.
^^^small fail

Looks' like Ferrari has replaced KR, how else will they pull this off :

^^^^FAIL

Hey, where is the head amigo pete ! He must be taking this Alonso victory pretty bad..... PETE did you not say this would never happen , you had promised to eat
Horse do, do, if it did , both you and Ray , come out Petey , Come out
^^^^HUGE FAIL

Quick Reply: 2008 SIngapore GP , News ,Updates, Results..