Sponsored by:

Incident at Road America - Please Comment

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Stan
Going down the straight, the only reason 169 would have pulled to the left would be a block. If he was doing a block he would have known the other car was there and since the other car wasn't in his rearview, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out the 99 was on his side. The contact on the straight was caused either on purpose or out of carelessness. Either way, 169 should have been 13'd for that alone. Same goes for T5.

If you don't have the situational awareness to know where other driver's are on the track you should go back to intermediate solo where you belong.

Were there any pictures of the 99 car's right side?
big +1. how can anybody that's a racer "not see" the car passing them? i'm always looking in my mirrors, situational awareness is paramount.

patience has nothing to do with this video. as mentioned above by the eyewitness, both incidents of contact were intentional.

cupcar99 - hope you get retribution of some sort

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yup.

And my 2nd race.

And 3rd.

And......
yep, that's why you're helping me next week
Old 09-15-2008, 11:40 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lipamax
Guys,
Let me pinch in with my .02. I hope no one will take it personally, but to me it's all clear and simple. Started (based on video) on the main straight going into T1 169 made a move to kill 99 momentum and defend his position. 99 set him up (earlier acceleration and more momentum through T3) to make a pass at T5 and he MADE! a beautiful, classic pass... I'm sure 169 knew that 99 will make a move and pass him.
Who cares about practice and qualifying times after green dropped???
Sorry, if I didn't meet someone's expectations.
Yep.
I have raced for 6 years now. I don't consider myself and expert, but I do know how to race and what it takes to make a pass. I have passed many cars and been passed many many times.

Really there are two things here. Either the 169 was a bonehead for not watching his mirrors and losing sight of the driver in the back or he is a real a-hole and ran the 99 off the track.

Given how the 169 driver seems to have verbally abuse the 99 driver post race that makes me think it was more of an a-hole move. Sadly over my years I have been in a few contact or near contact situations. How the other driver approaches it often MORE important that what happened on track as that dictates what will happen in the future.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The DE douchebag coment was sarcasim. Besides I am only a standard issue i-jerk. The CR DE thing is and always has been more a joke than real I think. We all have seen a clueless DE winning drover or two talking large. I bet we all though at some point we were better than we were/are too. I always just say DE is 2D and CR is 3D. Using DE thinking on CR issues is where the rub is. Besides, most club racers come from DE. They were just in line in front of you.

Quick Reply: Incident at Road America - Please Comment