Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having now driven a 911, I have to ask why would you ever want to race one????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:21 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Tata Nano will win Le Mans in the GT 'lite' class in 2013. Mark my word.
That would be funny except the way ACO is writing rules that might just happend

and actually I stand corrected, one other good rear engine car I left out, Renault Alpine, one of my all time favorites
Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
(karmanghia also)
Old 06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
MTosi
User

Because that's what the rules say.
Apparently no one told Panoz that......

Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Apparently no one told Panoz that......

Rules were different then. duh.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:31 PM
MTosi
User

Rules were different then. duh.
Well than why didn't anyone other than Panoz try a configuration to beat the rear engine RWD R8's, I dont think they bother writing in what engine config people have to use since its assumed it will be RWD rear mid engine. Do you know for a fact the rules don't allow it? because I realy have no idea.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:33 PM
jester911
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bull
I am NOT!
You have that as your location so I assume you live there so that is where you are from.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The Panoz car was mid engined, just the driver sat behind the engine, right?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
You have that as your location so I assume you live there so that is where you are from.
That is where I "am", not where I "am from". No wonder you stick with a stupid 911!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
The Panoz car was mid engined, just the driver sat behind the engine, right?
Correct front mid engine, kind of like the Pontiac GXPR and the "Mazda RX8" are in Grand Am. The engine is fully behind the front axle.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

I realy have no idea.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 PM
jester911
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bull
That is where I "am", not where I "am from". No wonder you stick with a stupid 911!
Yeah if I was from there I wouldn't admit to it either.

Besides, this thread has totally convinced me to restore my 911 to a street car and get a dedicated track car. Well also maybe because of a little meeting with a certain tire wall at Barber.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

I swear to the heavens above you little heretic, I'm am going to roast your way too tiny buttocks at the next event.

You sniveling little-wet-behind-the-ears-know-it-all-whipper-snapper, you ever hear of Carlo Abarth? Go look up the 60's Fiat Abarths and Abarth Simcas. Drool a little, we'll get your bib out. Just dont spit up your mush ok?

You're just torqued cause you got your butt kicked and I took away all your excuses at the awards presentation doing my imitation of you in my highest little girly whiny voice, 'ewww, I had ten-year old tires...' Hey, punk you lost to a bunch of old men who cant drive worth a lick. If you were a budding Lewis, this should have been cake. You should have been able to ice and bake 'em on a set of original NOS space saver spares. If you were a Schumi or Clark (I forgot you've never hear of him right?), you could have done it on only three of 'em on adapters mounted on a Yugo.

911s rule, know what that means? What it means is, if you cant drive one and beat people in it, then you still got a lot to learn. Capisci?

[Seriously the kid's okay, he was out in the sun all day long. Hes normally pretty respectful. I'll make sure he brings an umbrella to the next event. BTW Mike , not like you didnt deserve it. I might have to give you a ride.]
Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike did run a very nice autocross at the last event. BTW, what was your time? Ron hasn't posted the damn times yet.

Since I finished first in that class of 15, I guess, I'm on your list???

Seriously, these are great cars and I have been running street tires on mine for the last 7 years of track driving and autocross and still won the occasional autocross against race tire clad guys. It is all about smooth inputs. They are not nearly as forgiving as other cars.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by RJay
I swear to the heavens above you little heretic, I'm am going to roast your way too tiny buttocks at the next event.

You sniveling little-wet-behind-the-ears-know-it-all-whipper-snapper, you ever hear of Carlo Abarth? Go look up the 60's Fiat Abarths and Abarth Simcas. Drool a little, we'll get your bib out. Just dont spit up your mush ok?

You're just torqued cause you got your butt kicked and I took away all your excuses at the awards presentation doing my imitation of you in my highest little girly whiny voice, 'ewww, I had ten-year old tires...' Hey, punk you lost to a bunch of old men who cant drive worth a lick. If you were a budding Lewis, this should have been cake. You should have been able to ice and bake 'em on a set of original NOS space saver spares. If you were a Schumi or Clark (I forgot you've never hear of him right?), you could have done it on only three of 'em on adapters mounted on a Yugo.

911s rule, know what that means? What it means is, if you cant drive one and beat people in it, then you still got a lot to learn. Capisci?

[Seriously the kid's okay, he was out in the sun all day long. Hes normally pretty respectful. I'll make sure he brings an umbrella to the next event. BTW Mike , not like you didnt deserve it. I might have to give you a ride.]

It took me a minute to figure out who that was, its still hard to recognize your car under all the krylon black . I say you put your money where your mouth is and don't just give me a ride, you let me drive your car, then you can report back to all these fine people on what sort of driver I am after I beat you . I don't get why I always get stuck peddling a bone stock street car around the course, and have to drive like a hero to keep from getting embarassed by all the old guys with cheater cars.....and as a matter of fact, I am aware of the abarth's, I distincly remember being at LRP for the vintage looking at the inline engine hangin out of the back of one of the abath's thinking why would they ever want to do that????? I'll see you out on the runway, that is if I have a car to drive, I'll have to keep working on that sad puppy dog look I use to beg for drives...

Since I finished first in that class of 15, I guess, I'm on your list???
note how I said 11 cars, no one picked up on the fact I failed to mention there were 3 cars in front of me
Old 06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
Yeah if I was from there I wouldn't admit to it either.

Besides, this thread has totally convinced me to restore my 911 to a street car and get a dedicated track car. Well also maybe because of a little meeting with a certain tire wall at Barber.

You didn't have the lug nuts come off again, did you?

I should be rid of my car by next week!

Quick Reply: Having now driven a 911, I have to ask why would you ever want to race one????