Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having now driven a 911, I have to ask why would you ever want to race one????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:21 AM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really, really hard.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How hard?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:28 AM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rassel
How hard?

About as hard as someone my age can get.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
I knew you were going to join this discussion at some point, you 911 owners can't help yourselves , next time you stop by the shop ask the chief mechanic what he thinks about 911's, and you'll see where it comes from. On a side note hows the Mini going? I heard you stopped by, it must have been late because I was working until 7 that night, and he still had three visiters after I left.
That's not a race shop, its a clubhouse. I do not know how Paul (aka Your Dad) can get any work done.
The Mini is fantastic, although the torque steer is taking some getting used to.
Jeremy and I took a ride last night - about 1 hour up through Leominster Forest. I think the boy has potential. Grinning ear to ear.
I was going to let you drive it until you started getting on the 911 brigade. You need to respect your elders better (although it is cool that you are becoming the deflector shield for Dr. Pain).
Old 06-09-2008, 03:17 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
That's not a race shop, its a clubhouse. I do not know how Paul (aka Your Dad) can get any work done.
The Mini is fantastic, although the torque steer is taking some getting used to.
Jeremy and I took a ride last night - about 1 hour up through Leominster Forest. I think the boy has potential. Grinning ear to ear.
I was going to let you drive it until you started getting on the 911 brigade. You need to respect your elders better (although it is cool that you are becoming the deflector shield for Dr. Pain).
Thats good to hear Jeremy likes it, seems like the car bug missed Chip, so hopefully Jeremy picks it up (or maybe not depending on your perspective)

I actually had a chance to drive a John Cooper Works Mini that was modified even more (I wanted to drive the three Grp.B Rally cars the guy owned, we helped him start, but we didn't have the plate on us ), and it was pretty fun, but it does take sometime to get used to that power through the front wheels, I'll stick with my rwd, E30's for now. This summer I won't be around the shop to much since I'm working/interning at a company up in Salem, NH

hahaha, yes its a miracle anything gets done at the shop, the only way it works is that when there is more than one customer, he gets them talking or has me distract them, then ducks back under the car to get some work done. As long as you guy's all talk about ways to spend money on your cars, your always welcome tuition is expensive

and I'm happy to be a deflector shield , it would get boring without a person to point out the deficiencies of the 911, someone needs to keep you guys on your toe's

Last edited by MTosi; 06-09-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Having now driven a 911, I have to ask why would you ever want to race one????