R Hulbert/R Jarvis 1:30.447
Old 05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 78SC
Kevin,

Times were about the same as last year for the GTC3's Jerry Greene has a bunch of mid 1:31's. Best I could manage was a 1:33 which was a little off from last year. Interesting weather. I think it was hailing in the keyhole at one point during the enduro while the sun was out on other parts of the track.
Hey Lawson, thanks. Was wondering since last year not everyone could get new tires. Also folks have probably figured out how to get those last tenths on the new pavement. I'm sure the weather didn't help.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
R Hulbert/R Jarvis 1:30.447
That's them. It's a shame their radio was messing up and they had a boofed pit stop in the enduro or they would've taken the whole thing.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

The track was not the grippiest I've seen it over the weekend. All the rain and coldish temperatures did not help. I sure the 40 MPH wind gusts were not helpful either.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John H- After watching my enduro video, I don't believe there was a corner on that track where you didn't attempt and (safely) pull off a pass. Great driving.

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
I didn't think anyone saw that...
Oh yeah. I got the full broadside view charging out of T1 alongside Gary Boss (he voluntary started in back, unlike yours truly). He locked up and started to slide my way (doh!) but then in a flash, we all got by unscathed.

Great seeing everyone! Chris M, Chris I, J Parnell (congrats on Workers Choice!), Doug, Jim C, Charlie, Colin, Rick, Fast Larry, Fast Norm, Fast Jerry and "the gang" (you know who you are).

Big shout out to The Chipster. I was hanging on your bumper, buddy, for most of the enduro and you kept it together like a champ. That was a blast!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
John H- After watching my enduro video, I don't believe there was a corner on that track where you didn't attempt and (safely) pull off a pass. Great driving.

Oh yeah. I got the full broadside view charging out of T1 alongside Gary Boss (he voluntary started in back, unlike yours truly). He locked up and started to slide my way (doh!) but then in a flash, we all got by unscathed.

Great seeing everyone! Chris M, Chris I, J Parnell (congrats on Workers Choice!), Doug, Jim C, Charlie, Colin, Rick, Fast Larry, Fast Norm, Fast Jerry and "the gang" (you know who you are).

Big shout out to The Chipster. I was hanging on your bumper, buddy, for most of the enduro and you kept it together like a champ. That was a blast!
What does it take to earn the "Fast" moniker?

Avoiding Geoffrey in T1 sent me into the grass on the outside of T1 and put me DFL in the fun race at that point. I thanked him later for making the Fun Race truly fun as I was able to work my way back through the field and finished 7th, I think.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
rsa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Charlie, I watched you drive the enduro. You definitely qualify as "Fast". Great job. I'm smitten with GTC1 cars

Joey, good to see you too. Thanks for picking up the plaque for me.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsa
Charlie, I watched you drive the enduro. You definitely qualify as "Fast". Great job. I'm smitten with GTC1 cars
Thanks. It was fun trying to keep with the "big" GTC cars best I could.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if this was mentioned but what course did you guys run, with or without the kink after turn 1.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Azikara
Instructor

Bus stop. Even though I have never driven the track before, I think that the bus stop is excellent. So fast and more grip than you would think....wow!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:01 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Wow, those are some fast times to be running the Bus Stop.

Are the results posted anywhere yet?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Joey B,

Thanks, I was trying hard to reel-in Rick Fairweather in the 8 car with one eye on you in the mirror. Between that and dodging cars spinning in turn 9 and the bus stop, it was a great race.

John H, the only wind gust I noticed was when you went by.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

I am glad you guys had fun, I worked the false grid and did pit in times in the enduro. Hay 90% of the laps were dry for MO that is saying something . We are already kicking around ideas about next year, thinking about several formats that we can offer racers 3 days. Maybe doing an Advanced DE only on Friday for racers and advanced students. Maybe we could get some pro drivers to do a few drive alongs. I did some hot laps with Jet Hawthorn and learned a ton about driving that track.

Maybe I should throw it out, what would you like to see the Friday format look like?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by todinlaw
Maybe I should throw it out, what would you like to see the Friday format look like?
Racing practice with maybe a fun race like one of those reverse time start things. Then normal "real" sprint saturday and enduro on Sunday.

Thanks for this event and already starting to work on next year's event through eliciting this feedback!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
What does it take to earn the "Fast" moniker?

Quick Reply: MID OHIO MAY 17 &18