Sponsored by:

Close call at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mk,

Thanks for the vids. It looks like like we're going to be busy when you come in May on R-comps! Ragarding what you said about Gavin, I'm glad I mentioned in an earlier post that a driver should not be judged on one single spin/incident. I look forward to seeing you in May,

Armando
Old 04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hey mdrums, luv it (wife doesn't )

armando, yeah may have one more day with the ps2's but probably will order the toyo r888's and give them a shot...rather than switching to 18 inchers and p corsas and mpsc's way expemsive....

hoosiers...maybe next time...

mk
Old 04-21-2008, 10:49 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

mkk62 I will be curious to see how the R888's work with 19's....I have a good feeling that Porsche has done an excellent job with the stock suspenion with the stiffer 19's tire sidewalls.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
sknandigam
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

mkk,

This is Suneal, you rode with me for a session on Sunday. I did get signed off eventually, and I'm sure you're recommendation helped. I'm trying to go out on the weekend of May 3/4, but I have another commitment that may prevent me from doing so. Hope all's well!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carreracup21
2:24 would be a smokin lap in a stock 993, even at 2900 lbs. That's a top caliber pro time. I know Cory Friedman drove Mac's old 993 there in 04 and did some 2:29's. When I did those 2:26's in 06 it was a chilly day which likely helped. That US Cup always ran quicker in the cold. I think that the current rules would have me take 120 lbs. out of the car vs. what it weighed in 06, so low 2:25's might be in the cards with the current rules for H. High 2:23's if Pobst was driving....
I will check the video again whether the time is correct or not (although I already did that few times after the event). Other than that, I don't know what to say, I do know my car doesn't have 3.8 kits, turbos or supercharges, suspension is PSS-9 with camber plates, has stock tranny, stock flywheel, original LSD and stock brakes.

Originally Posted by 38D
...If the 2:24 is verified, this scrut would like to inspect the car to see how "special" this "stock" engine is .
Speaking of scrutinizing, I'm thinking of doing the 48 hrs next year, is there a way to have car checked ahead of time?
I've read about the window nets, cages, where to put weights etc., would check with you guys here on Rennlist & I know this is not rocket science but I would not want to prepare, go to Sebring just to find out that something is illegal and I end up sitting out.
In another words, can I drive my car to somewhere (a race shop or?) and have them "pr-check" it? Or do I have to just trust myself to make everything correct?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

suneal

that is great...see you on the track!

mk
Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I will check the video again whether the time is correct or not (although I already did that few times after the event). Other than that, I don't know what to say, I do know my car doesn't have 3.8 kits, turbos or supercharges, suspension is PSS-9 with camber plates, has stock tranny, stock flywheel, original LSD and stock brakes.
I'm not saying it couldn't be done, or that you didn't do it. Just saying it's a damn fast lap and would put you right up there with the best in the sport. You should go amatuer racing, and if things pan out, go test for a team ride.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carreracup21
I'm not saying it couldn't be done, or that you didn't do it. Just saying it's a damn fast lap and would put you right up there with the best in the sport. You should go amatuer racing, and if things pan out, go test for a team ride.
If I had money or a sponsor, I would've already done that! It seems that cruising couple of DEs a year is'nt enough to make it happen...
Old 04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

I don't think everyone pays money to race,.....well maybe in the begining. Some just know how to haul ***, and actually get paid for it.

Quick Reply: Close call at Sebring