Where are the Kimi detractors 08

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flight747
.1 off Kimi and .15 off Hamilton. Not bad for an old man who hasn't raced in 2 years. Completed 83 laps too. Probably kept himself in good shape.

I know the track was damp, but can McLaren be on pace in the McLarri?
Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Agree, It does seem the Mclarri has the measure and legs on everyone else , we will know for sure in 3 weeks.
Careful analysis of this year testing does , put them ahead and i'm also please with the pace Williams is showing , Mclarri and ferrari should be business as usual come march ....
Not bad from Schumi since him & Kimi were on same/very similar program although I think he's not rusty since he's had some seat time and "once you know how to ride a bike, you'll always know how to ride a bike".

I know Ferrari was/has been running pretty heavy but I assume McLaren is doing the same so the pace seems good which is not a surprice.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Those are the appropriate results for everyone involved...
I see the "last 100 hours of Senna" was touching enough for you to change the avatar.

That's a very Cool photo of Mr. S.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like Shumi can still deliver the mail
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Looks like Shumi can still deliver the mail
Yeah but Kimi is Fedex...............
Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Yeah but Kimi is Fedex...............
Still won't give the old man credit after 2 years out of the seat, eh? I'd assume you had the entire diatribe pre-written if he had been .8 or more off Kimi's pace with a 1-2 page response to why he was a fraud.

Williams is a sleeper, McLaren could be the real deal. Renault is sandbaggin and BMW is sooo damn quite that it's deafening. What are they up to?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Flight 747,
Your demagogy sounds familiar , Hmmm, let me see,
1. Full defence of Herr schumacher
2. Numbnut response
3. Red nomex underwear
4. Wardrobe full of John wayne outfits

My god you must be related to M3pete

Well a little test , what is your evaluation of this video on herr macher, guilty or just a great contract........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbjr...eature=related

link fixed

Last edited by A.Wayne; 02-26-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes wayne, your too smart to fool. I did it all for you to avoid detection, but alas, my impartial assessment outed me. New user name for a new season. I was so hoping you would avoid the name calling and stick to the racing as you profess to want to do, but can't avoid. That's okay, it's only a handful of weeks before Alonso implodes and I'll have my turn.

You still haven't answered the questions. Did you honestly think he would be within .1 of Kimi? You didn't, did you? Don't hate... appreciate that a nearly 40 year old man can get into a car and turn it as fast as the current best crop of drivers in damp conditions without traction control. I know that if he would have gone .1 faster than Kimi, I wouldn't have denigrated Kimi, but appreciated the master.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Flight 747,
Your demagogy sounds familiar , Hmmm, let me see,
1. Full defence of Herr schumacher
2. Numbnut response
3. Red nomex underwear
4. Wardrobe full of John wayne outfits

My god you must be related to M3pete

Well a little test , what is your evaluation of this video on herr macher, guilty or just a great contract........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbjr...eature=related
Excuse me, but I think the 'Three Amigos' Hotel and Inn is overbooked.
If you keep adding people, you're going to have to change the name.....you left 3 a while ago
Old 02-26-2008, 12:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

He needs to check that you tube link too, because it goes back to some high school girl ad.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
Yes wayne, your too smart to fool. I did it all for you to avoid detection, but alas, my impartial assessment outed me. New user name for a new season. I was so hoping you would avoid the name calling and stick to the racing as you profess to want to do, but can't avoid. That's okay, it's only a handful of weeks before Alonso implodes and I'll have my turn.

You still haven't answered the questions. Did you honestly think he would be within .1 of Kimi? You didn't, did you? Don't hate... appreciate that a nearly 40 year old man can get into a car and turn it as fast as the current best crop of drivers in damp conditions without traction control. I know that if he would have gone .1 faster than Kimi, I wouldn't have denigrated Kimi, but appreciated the master.

Not knowing how the cars where delivered , it is hard to say where Ms pace should be in relation to Kimi , but i did not expect him to be faster than Kimi , i also did not expect him to have lost any speed either. the age thing comes into effect on race weekends when you have to push in the heat of competition and take risk ( or block the track ) and to sustain that race weekend pace , every weekend during the year.

I still cannot understand the need to bring MS in apart from it being a PR stunt ,
in the end KImi and Massa have to get on with it , if your WDC cannot lead and develope the team , in a direction that suits him to move forward, then you need another driver , MS input regardless of what you think , could be just as counterproductive if it works against the driving styles of their current drivers, not even getting into the lack of confidence in KIMI. Kimi needs to work on this wave it is his time to grow ( in the same way MS did ) and use the momentum as being WDC to make it happen for him , bringing in MS is conterproductive to me and takes away from Kimi 's ability to put his stamp on this new era at Ferrari.....
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Given the fact that Kimi put in 82 laps and MS 83, I assume they ran short, medium and long stints, so the times seem accurate. I don't think they ever had the opportunity to run dry tires however, which is a problem.

I don't think this is a PR move. They purposely took Massa out of the car to put MS in. Kimi is obviously the #1, but for whatever reason, (Speculation coming right now) is not able to develope the car or give the proper feed back to the engineers, hence why MS came in to run with Kimi in the same car/same conditions rather than Massa.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Remember Massa was the test pilot at Ferrari before and is pretty consistent with times and feedback...
Old 02-26-2008, 03:01 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know, but MS must be better than either one in feedback which leads to "Who are we going to take out of the car for a day"? It's not Kimi as he is the clear #1 and despite what he says about retirement, could be the next lead driver at Ferrari for the next 5 years (assuming he signs an extension after his 2 years are up). If Massa can't read the writing on the wall that he is in a support driver position, then.....................
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

...I still cannot understand the need to bring MS in apart from it being a PR stunt ,
in the end KImi and Massa have to get on with it , if your WDC cannot lead and develope the team , in a direction that suits him to move forward, then you need another driver , MS input regardless of what you think , could be just as counterproductive if it works against the driving styles of their current drivers, not even getting into the lack of confidence in KIMI. Kimi needs to work on this wave it is his time to grow ( in the same way MS did ) and use the momentum as being WDC to make it happen for him , bringing in MS is conterproductive to me and takes away from Kimi 's ability to put his stamp on this new era at Ferrari.....
+1

It's stupid that they keep bringing Schumi back for PR purposes. I'm sure Massa rather sits one of the tests and watches Schumi drive than drives himself...

Schumi doesn't drive with same style as Kmi does, well evident last season, especially in the beginning when Kimi couldn't get comfortable.

The car is for Kimi & Massa and MS testing it just confuses everything and for the little media it creates, really doesn't benefit at all.
Besides, nowadays there is so little testing allowed that even the regular guys always want to do all the testing.

It's 80% pr and 20% because they don't know what to do with MS and don't want him to follow Brawn. Give old man a fancy title, a lot of money and let him take people around the factory or something or let him develop street cars.

There's no room for him driving their F1 cars and taking time away from their real drivers, they are plenty good for developing the car, Schumi trying it for couple of days/year makes no real difference in the performance and as already said, could be counter productive & he's not better than either of them in feedback for their car & driving style, if he was, he'd be at every test.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Easy there Finn. The amigos (no one really knows how many of them there are, but rumors of 3 are highly inaccurate) have been giving you some slack lately because of the Finnish connection, but don't step over the line unless you want some MSnutterbutters or smoozers or whatever the hell Wayne calls them to start flaming you. You've been warned

Quick Reply: Where are the Kimi detractors 08