Sponsored by:

Where are the Kimi detractors 08

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:16 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar
Kimi would have won at least one other WDC, if only he had been given a reliable car at McLaren. His championship last year was well deserved. However, with Ferrari unraveling quickly, Kimi is going to be left with making desperate moves like he tried at Melbourne. When you don't have technical excellence and brilliant strategy on your side, you have to make up for it with ballsy driving.

Kimi can do that, but will it be enough? I think not given the level at which other teams are performing: McLaren, BMW, Williams. Kimi will finish the season far higher then his teams abilities would dictate, as long as his car is still running by race end.
Don't count Ferarri out just yet. Sure they didn't start the year out the way they would have liked but the season is long and I'm sure the reliability issue is being addressed as problem #1 right now. I don't expect to see a double DNF again from them all season.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Mitch,

I'm certainly not counting Ferrari out. It's way too early for that. However, there were other factors in Kimi's poor performance: ECU fuel setting in qualifying, failure to pit during the safety car period when the pits opened, etc. Kimi will make the most and more of whatever he has. He is a great driver and every bit of or more of a complete package compared to Alonso.

Now Massa, on the other hand, I will count out. Unless he is P1 on the grid, he is a basket case. Kimi needs a new teammate next season. I doubt it will be Alonso. I can't hardly imagine the temper tantrums that would ensue if Kimi were paired with Alonso.

"I've won 2 WDCs and he's only won 1! I need to be the number 1 driver, even if he is 3/4 of a second per lap faster than me! Waaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
I thought next year's prima driver is going to be Alosno? At least that's what Wayne says, and he is the gospel here!
Well, there's Wayne's World and then there's reality... Those two do occasionally meet but especially when it comes to Alonso or ranking F1 drivers and their talent...

Originally Posted by mitch236
And I think the future for Vettel is very uncertain as it looks to be a couple of teams who have claimed the rights to his future. One thing seems certain, he is quite good. Imagine if he got into a Mac along side of Hamilton. I think we would see alot of whinning from Hamilton!
There's of course speculation and many teams would like to have him as their driver for next year but he's already Ferrari's 3rd driver for the race weekends (= if Kimi or Massa can't drive, Vettel will hop from Toro R to Ferrari), the deal is done.

...Now Massa, on the other hand, I will count out. Unless he is P1 on the grid, he is a basket case. Kimi needs a new teammate next season. I doubt it will be Alonso. I can't hardly imagine the temper tantrums that would ensue if Kimi were paired with Alonso.

"I've won 2 WDCs and he's only won 1! I need to be the number 1 driver, even if he is 3/4 of a second per lap faster than me! Waaaaaaaaaaa!
That is hilarious and so friggin' true!

Last edited by Flying Finn; 03-20-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

I'm pretty certain Vettel's rights belong to BMW until 2009. If F pays BMW to release him, that's something else. In the meantime, he keeps getting better and better jumping in different cars from his debut in a BMW last year to Toro Rosso. If he ends up driving a Ferrari this year due to a fill in position for Massa or Kimi, that would be very interesting.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Hey Finn,

It is such a joy to be quoted without being flamed around here. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Hey Finn,

It is such a joy to be quoted without being flamed around here. Thanks.
You won't get flamed for this one either...

It seems that I acutally forgot to add anything after your quote, I think it was supposed to me something like this (now added to the original post):

That is hilarious and so friggin' true!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

It's just 1 race out of many to come. The Iceman will be back....can't wait for this weekend!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Hmmmm, you need to look at the race again mi amigo.............

Just looked again. Kimi blew right past Alo (on the first lap no less).
Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Time to revive this thread :

OK guys KIMI suckballs performance need to be discussed !
His **** is being handed to him by both Massa and Hamilton , Italy cannot be happy at the moment ... Who thought up the BS idea of replacing MS with this clown ? Monty ?( unless Ferrari got tired of propping him up also )took credit for it , now he should do the right thing and give him the boot..

C'mon Kimi ballswashers , where are you now ..... KIMI - Nascar anyone
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
billpor930
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Kimi the Great - NOT

The 2008 Kimi is quite a bit different than the 2007 version. It seems to me he has lost interest and it takes him three-quarters of each race before he gets into the swing of things, then he sets fast lap and finishes poorly. A shame really because with the right mentality he's the fastest out there. If I were Ferrari, I'd boot him. Kimi - Schumi - not even on the same planet.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ohh chit , ohh ,chit ...........OHHHH CHIT................. BAM!
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

This is a serious comment/question:

Is his drinking to blame? People who drink alot would probably say no, but there is something to be said about 110% concentration not possible with a hangover.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Ohh chit , ohh ,chit ...........OHHHH CHIT................. BAM!

Originally Posted by BrendanC
This is a serious comment/question:

Is his drinking to blame? People who drink alot would probably say no, but there is something to be said about 110% concentration not possible with a hangover.
I think it is his LACK of drinking we have to blame. He's not drinking nowhere near the level of what he used to do.
(not kidding, he actually hasn't been screwing up, **** drunk as he used to do even in last year)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I think it is his LACK of drinking we have to blame. He's not drinking nowhere near the level of what he used to do.
(not kidding, he actually hasn't been screwing up, **** drunk as he used to do even in last year)
You could very well be right. Ever since I started wearing glasses to race, I think that they make me a little slower. When you can't see the corner as well, you tend to hang onto the gas a little longer!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Larry ! haven't heard from you lately look's like you have been busy campaigning

Quick Reply: Where are the Kimi detractors 08