Old 02-12-2008, 02:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raikkonen: Ferrari still need to improve

Oh ohh, KImi whining already or just afraid of Hamilton

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 10:22 GMT

World champion Kimi Raikkonen reckons Ferrari still need to improve a lot before the start of the season, despite the impressive times set during winter testing.

The Italian squad's F2008 has been one of the pace-setters in testing since it was unveiled last month, and Raikkonen showed a blistering pace in Bahrain last week, lapping over two seconds quicker than last year's pole position time.

The Finn believes, however, that there is still room for improvement, although he admits he has been pleased with the performance of the new car so far.

"Testing has been going well. This session has also shown problems - small ones - with the F2008. We wanted to get to know the car better, and so we did," Raikkonen was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It's a good start for the Ferrari. There have already been improvements. Obviously reliability hasn't come automatically, but two or three laptimes have already been interesting."

He added: "With the new parts the performance will further improve. We've improved in many areas here, now we look forward to the new aerodynamics we'll try out in the Montmelo test. There we will go against our rivals and we'll know where we stand.

"Obviously we still need to improve a lot, but for me it's easier now compared to 2007. And the car has had a good beginning too.

"The decisive step is the next test. And then Melbourne, because only at the first GP we'll know how the teams compare."

The team's technical director Aldo Costa was also happy with the Bahrain test, although he was sorry about the problems that hit their cars on Sunday.

He said: "Everything went well and according to plans. This track has confirmed to be ideal for testing because it allows you to work with a continuity that is unmatched elsewhere, in consistent conditions. The only regret is for Sunday's problems."

Last edited by A.Wayne; 02-12-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

So how exactly does that sound like Kimi is afraid of anyone?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Well maybe it is because of this new refined Kimi, now the old Kimi knew how to give an interview........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3Br...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9D1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LIcl...eature=related

Hmmm, maybe Bernie has a Point
Old 02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
So how exactly does that sound like Kimi is afraid of anyone?
Or whining?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ohh, If Alonso, says the car needs to improve , it 's whining , KImi say's the same thing and it's an report.... Ok I get it.........Appreciate the clarification of the rules
Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Ohh, If Alonso, says the car needs to improve , it 's whining , KImi say's the same thing and it's an report.... Ok I get it.........Appreciate the clarification of the rules
Old 02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

When Kimi says his team is out to get him, then we'll call it whining.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

You are funny A. Wayne. I'll give you that.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sjanes
When Kimi says his team is out to get him, then we'll call it whining.
What about if he says this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3Br...eature=related

Originally Posted by Russ Murphy
You are funny A. Wayne. I'll give you that.
LOL, so is Kimi ..........
Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh ohh, KImi whining already or just afraid of Hamilton

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 10:22 GMT

World champion Kimi Raikkonen reckons Ferrari still need to improve a lot before the start of the season, despite the impressive times set during winter testing.

The Italian squad's F2008 has been one of the pace-setters in testing since it was unveiled last month, and Raikkonen showed a blistering pace in Bahrain last week, lapping over two seconds quicker than last year's pole position time.

The Finn believes, however, that there is still room for improvement, although he admits he has been pleased with the performance of the new car so far.

"Testing has been going well. This session has also shown problems - small ones - with the F2008. We wanted to get to know the car better, and so we did," Raikkonen was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It's a good start for the Ferrari. There have already been improvements. Obviously reliability hasn't come automatically, but two or three laptimes have already been interesting."

He added: "With the new parts the performance will further improve. We've improved in many areas here, now we look forward to the new aerodynamics we'll try out in the Montmelo test. There we will go against our rivals and we'll know where we stand.

"Obviously we still need to improve a lot, but for me it's easier now compared to 2007. And the car has had a good beginning too.

"The decisive step is the next test. And then Melbourne, because only at the first GP we'll know how the teams compare."

The team's technical director Aldo Costa was also happy with the Bahrain test, although he was sorry about the problems that hit their cars on Sunday.

He said: "Everything went well and according to plans. This track has confirmed to be ideal for testing because it allows you to work with a continuity that is unmatched elsewhere, in consistent conditions. The only regret is for Sunday's problems."
Time to put down the pipe Wayne. I don't see anything in Kimi's statements that draw even close to parallel to the previous Renault "pace" statements made by Alo.

You are really stretching for it here IMO.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ray, here https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=29517
Is this why you wear a nomex g-string when racing
Old 02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find his attitude to be refreshing. He reminds me of more of the older breed of F1 driver, still having fun just driving the car and living large. I do get a little weary of the "poor little rich boy" whiners and complainers. I think that some forget how many would kill to be in their position. Hell, I'd drive even that Toro Rosso and be happy motoring around at the back of the pack.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I find his attitude to be refreshing. He reminds me of more of the older breed of F1 driver, still having fun just driving the car and living large. I do get a little weary of the "poor little rich boy" whiners and complainers. I think that some forget how many would kill to be in their position. Hell, I'd drive even that Toro Rosso and be happy motoring around at the back of the pack.

But you already do larry in the TR 964/08

Kimi is very aloof and funny when he wants to be .............

Last edited by A.Wayne; 02-12-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,491 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Shocking as it may seem, I disagree with Wayne and agree with Ray, I didn't come away with Kimi Whining in that piece. Could he be worried more than anything else because the McLaren hasn't shown that decline in speed some expected with Alonso leaving? I have to say the testing times for Mac have been impressive. Renault seems to have found some speed and BMW is their customary quiet self.

Quick Reply: Where are the Kimi detractors 08