Sponsored by:

Where are the Kimi detractors 08

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geeez, Nutters , i was being sarcastic , you know i always agree with you and ray seeing your all wrong 99.99999% of the time .....
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Ray, here https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=29517
Is this why you wear a nomex g-string when racing
Typical ad hominem response and again your facination with the idea of men in nomex g-strings is very disturbing (hint, this is rennlist, not gaylist).

Back on topic, let's compare the statements:

Kimi

The Finn believes, however, that there is still room for improvement, although he admits he has been pleased with the performance of the new car so far.

"Testing has been going well. This session has also shown problems - small ones - with the F2008. We wanted to get to know the car better, and so we did," Raikkonen was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It's a good start for the Ferrari. There have already been improvements. Obviously reliability hasn't come automatically, but two or three laptimes have already been interesting."

He added: "With the new parts the performance will further improve. We've improved in many areas here, now we look forward to the new aerodynamics we'll try out in the Montmelo test. There we will go against our rivals and we'll know where we stand.

Alonso

"At the moment, there is not any possibility to fight for podiums or wins, or things like that, so that is the first priority of this winter tests and the first race.

"To close the gap, and to be behind them two or three tenths is not such a big problem. But to be one second or eight tenths, like we are at the moment, is a little bit too much," the Spaniard added.

"At the moment, we need to close the gap to the top teams, McLaren and Ferrari, because we are a little bit too far behind them,"

Can you see the difference Wayne? One drovers statements are generally positive, the other drovers are generally negative. I'm guessing it might be easier to "see" if you discard the Alo colored glasses.

Last edited by Ray S; 02-13-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But you already do larry in the TR 964/08
True, but with a little more power I'd be able to hang with those Toro Rossos. Maybe next year.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

No Kimi detractor here. I liked him at McLaren and before. I'm glad he finally won the championship he was unable to win at McLaren. The Iceman never whines. He just rolls with the punches and has an extra drink or two. He will certainly be a contender to repeat in '08.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Raikkonen enjoying F1 more than ever

By Michele Lostia and Jonathan Noble Monday, February 18th 2008, 12:54 GMT

World champion Kimi Raikkonen says he is enjoying Formula One more than ever at the moment, but has warned that he will quit the sport as soon as it stops being fun.

The Finn claims that his title success with Ferrari has heightened the enjoyment he gets out of Grand Prix racing.

But, although openly setting his sights on more wins and titles, Raikkonen says that the deciding factor on the length of the time he remains on F1 will be based on personal satisfaction rather than on-track achievements.

"I definitely don't want to become the oldest driver in F1, I'll stop before that," Raikkonen said in a television interview with Sky Italia.

"I want to get good results and win as many races and championships as possible. I haven't set out to beat the record of other drivers nor to stay in F1 more than anyone else.

"I'll do this while it's a good experience that I enjoy. The day I stop enjoying it, I quit."

Raikkonen said that he was happier at Ferrari than he has been at any other time of his F1 career.

"When I was a kid I would watch the Grands Prix. Everyone dreamt of becoming a race driver, while I only started thinking about it when I was 18 or 19. Only at that age I seriously started thinking about this job.

"Before then I would change ideas from one second to the next, dreaming of becoming this or that guy, in other sports too.

"Now Formula One is my job and it's also what I love doing. Now I'm enjoying it more than ever because I won. I like driving and racing. Obviously, in F1 you don't get to do only wonderful things, but that's part of the game."

And talking about whether he rues the misfortune that meant his efforts at McLaren were never rewarded with a world title, Raikkonen responded: "Sometimes luck hasn't been on my side, but there were many other reasons too.

"Things could have gone differently some years ago, but at least I won last year. Besides, when you lose you always learn something. It isn't the most pleasant way to learn, but from a certain point of view it helps.

"Now I'm happy and I don't think much about luck. If you work hard, you can get what you want."
Old 02-18-2008, 01:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Kimi Raikkonen , beaten to award by Hamilton......

Well if FInland wouldn't give him one, why should anyone else

F1-live

Kimi Raikkonen on Monday was not awarded the prestigious Laureus World Sportsman of the Year plaudit in Saint Petersburg, but 2007 drivers' runner-up Lewis Hamilton did walk away with the 'Breakthrough of the Year' trophy.

Tennis' Roger Federer was at the Russian awards ceremony to receive the World Sportsman prize for the fourth year in a row. Hamilton, 23, also received his award in person.

Finn Raikkonen did not attend, like fellow unsuccessful nominee Tiger Woods of golfing fame.

Although nominated, Raikkonen's team, Ferrari, also did not win the Team of the Year award; a plaudit that instead went to rugby World Champions South Africa.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:46 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

By Michele Lostia and Jonathan Noble Monday, February 18th 2008, 12:54 GMT

World champion Kimi Raikkonen says he is enjoying Formula One more than ever at the moment, but has warned that he will quit the sport as soon as it stops being fun.

The Finn claims that his title success with Ferrari has heightened the enjoyment he gets out of Grand Prix racing.

But, although openly setting his sights on more wins and titles, Raikkonen says that the deciding factor on the length of the time he remains on F1 will be based on personal satisfaction rather than on-track achievements.

"I definitely don't want to become the oldest driver in F1, I'll stop before that," Raikkonen said in a television interview with Sky Italia.

"I want to get good results and win as many races and championships as possible. I haven't set out to beat the record of other drivers nor to stay in F1 more than anyone else.

"I'll do this while it's a good experience that I enjoy. The day I stop enjoying it, I quit."

Raikkonen said that he was happier at Ferrari than he has been at any other time of his F1 career.

"When I was a kid I would watch the Grands Prix. Everyone dreamt of becoming a race driver, while I only started thinking about it when I was 18 or 19. Only at that age I seriously started thinking about this job.

"Before then I would change ideas from one second to the next, dreaming of becoming this or that guy, in other sports too.

"Now Formula One is my job and it's also what I love doing. Now I'm enjoying it more than ever because I won. I like driving and racing. Obviously, in F1 you don't get to do only wonderful things, but that's part of the game."

And talking about whether he rues the misfortune that meant his efforts at McLaren were never rewarded with a world title, Raikkonen responded: "Sometimes luck hasn't been on my side, but there were many other reasons too.

"Things could have gone differently some years ago, but at least I won last year. Besides, when you lose you always learn something. It isn't the most pleasant way to learn, but from a certain point of view it helps.

"Now I'm happy and I don't think much about luck. If you work hard, you can get what you want."
If Kimi is happy at Ferrari, it doesn't leave much room for Alonso, now does it?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
If Kimi is happy at Ferrari, it doesn't leave much room for Alonso, now does it?

So are you predicting that Kimi will leave
Old 02-22-2008, 11:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Schumacher to test with Raikkonen

Michael Schumacher will make his debut at the wheel of Ferrari's 2008 contender at the final group test of the pre-season in Spain next week.

We have learned that the 39-year-old German, who retired from competition at the end of 2006, is scheduled to run in the F2008 on Monday, as reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen also tests the Melbourne-spec F2008 at Barcelona.

It will be the first time that the two famous drivers have gone 'head-to-head' in the same car at the same circuit, and the occasion is therefore certain to draw much attention in the racing world.

Schumacher is scheduled to hand over the F2008 to Raikkonen's current team-mate Felipe Massa for the other two days of the test at Montmelo, a municipality north of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain.

In recent months, the German has previously tested for Ferrari at Barcelona and Jerez.

Meanwhile, at the Circuit de Catalunya today, Ferrari is exclusively conducting a full race simulation, with Massa and official test driver Luca Badoer in command of the cars.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:55 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

So kimi get's to put it on schumacher next week , should be interesting to see how much slower MS is than Kimi .....
Old 02-25-2008, 01:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Kimi out pace Schumacher

As the final pre-season test of the season kicked-off at the Circuit de Catalunya today, McLaren ace Lewis Hamilton was on top of the timesheets. With a time of 1:22.276 he was only 0.043sec faster than Kimi Raikkonen, who was faster than Michael Schumacher. Testing will continue tomorrow.

Results
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:22.276 78
2. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:22.319 82
3. M.Schumacher Ferrari 1:22.428 83

4. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 1:22.724 54
5. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:22.852 71
6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:22.974 108
7. Alonso Renault 1:23.021 79
8. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 1:23.075 75
9. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:23.091 62
10. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:23.115 71
11. Sutil Force India-Ferrari 1:23.188 95
12. Klien BMW-Sauber 1:23.239 43
13. Liuzzi Force India 1:23.270 70
14. Piquet Renault 1:23.442 42
15. Glock Toyota 1:23.609 86
16. Kobayashi Toyota 1:23.880 29
17. Barrichello Honda 1:24.460 115
18. Wurz Honda 1:24.667 109
19. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:24.826 25
Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As the final pre-season test of the season kicked-off at the Circuit de Catalunya today, McLaren ace Lewis Hamilton was on top of the timesheets. With a time of 1:22.276 he was only 0.043sec faster than Kimi Raikkonen, who was faster than Michael Schumacher. Testing will continue tomorrow.

Results
Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

.1 off Kimi and .15 off Hamilton. Not bad for an old man who hasn't raced in 2 years. Completed 83 laps too. Probably kept himself in good shape.

I know the track was damp, but can McLaren be on pace in the McLarri?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Results
Those are the appropriate results for everyone involved...
Old 02-25-2008, 07:01 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Agree, It does seem the Mclarri has the measure and legs on everyone else , we will know for sure in 3 weeks.
Careful analysis of this year testing does , put them ahead and i'm also please with the pace Williams is showing , Mclarri and ferrari should be business as usual come march ....

Quick Reply: Where are the Kimi detractors 08