Sponsored by:

PCA medical committee revoked my race license

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 06:46 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I have to thank peterp for helping me lose weight. I read his posts and immediately throw up.
You’re Balsamic?
The following 3 users liked this post by dgrobs:
ANGST (08-20-2024), Matt Romanowski (08-19-2024), needmoregarage (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 07:05 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp
Why would you deprive yourself? Even those who agree with Luigi will tell you that the PCA is an amazing club with great people and a huge variety of amazing events. The only way this would affect your PCA experience is if you want to club race, and have OSA, and refuse to provide CPAP data. It is not in any way reflective of the general PCA experience and it's difficult to think of anything that is more niche and "one-off" than this issue.

Luigi was never wronged or singled out. PCA has required CPAP data for those with OSA for many years. Other racers have complied with the rule and had no issue with it (at least one posted as much in this thread). I don't think anybody else, who actually has OSA, has objected to the rule in this thread. That compliance is not surprising because it is trivially easy to provide the CPAP data and doesn't reveal any meaningful private information. It's also not surprising because those with non-trivial OSA know the impact of not using CPAP first-hand (versus the "armchair doctors" in this thread who think OSA is the equivalent of not getting enough sleep, which is objectively wrong).

Luigi was not singled out. He wanted an exception to a longstanding rule. PCA actually offered Luigi an exception to the rule, as long as he did not disclose it publicly. He refused that offer because he wanted it to be public. So Luigi would not take "yes" for an answer. In response to his refusal, PCA said they would not give him an exception publicly. In other words, his question was asked, considered carefully, and answered in a timely fashion a very long time ago. The only reason it has dragged on is because he refused to accept either "yes" or "no" as an answer.

The reasons why the PCA would not give him a public exception should be glaringly obvious. First, giving him a give him an exception publicly would likely **** off all of those did submit data. Second, any organization that willfully violates its own rules creates immense legal liability when previously it had none. I can't believe I have to spell this out -- Boeing's liability isn't because a door plug fell off the plane (sometimes unexpected things happen) -- they are being sued, and will almost certainly lose, because they did not follow their own rules that would have prevented the door plug from ever falling off. Willfully violating your own rules is a lightning rod for liability -- why would PCA ever agree to having an exception to their own rules broadly broadcast to the public (especially considering that the reach of this thread is far beyond just PCA and RL at this point)????

When you refuse to accept either a "yes" or a "no" answer from an organization, the organization is not the problem.
More BS...your posts are less than worthless. They are fallacious and illogical. They would be palatable if they were at least specious...but you can't even do that. Really, just go away....
Old 08-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
You’re Balsamic?
BWHAHAHAAAAAA

I think peterp may be a perspicacious PCA fellator
Old 08-19-2024, 07:12 PM
CaymanR99
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Alternately, the harder I work (or prepare), the luckier I get.

- Samuel Goldwyn
Very true.

The more prepared you are, even smaller opportunities can have a favorable outcome, i.e. luck.
Old 08-19-2024, 07:17 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
BWHAHAHAAAAAA

I think peterp may be a perspicacious PCA fellator
He’s a PCA Fluffer?
Old 08-19-2024, 07:20 PM
peterp
Drifting

Received 770 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
More BS...your posts are less than worthless. They are fallacious and illogical. They would be palatable if they were at least specious...but you can't even do that. Really, just go away....
Which part of my post is BS? I'm happy to be corrected -- just point out specifically what is wrong and why.

The mission to simplify the medical process was potentially viable and winnable if it was approached correctly. It wasn't. The sooner that is understood, the sooner progress can be made. But you're right -- continue to encourage the current course, it's working really well...
The following users liked this post:
mobius911 (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 07:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

He’s a PCA Fluffer?
Perchance. It's his side hustle
Old 08-19-2024, 07:53 PM
andredl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

I have to thank peterp for helping me lose weight. I read his posts and immediately throw up.
I found a picture of Bill the Cat as a reply to his post, but that would only fan his need to be correct.
Old 08-19-2024, 07:55 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Perchance. It's his side hustle
Man, he really blew that one…
Old 08-19-2024, 08:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Man, he really blew that one…

Well played
Old 08-19-2024, 08:43 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,492 Likes on 2,555 Posts

The long game is to get rid of the rot at the top of PCA and effectuate change.
If that's your goal, I think you're going about it the wrong way. Nobody at the top is going to get fired as a result of your actions. Instead, they're more likely to band together and align against you.
Old 08-19-2024, 08:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
If that's your goal, I think you're going about it the wrong way. Nobody at the top is going to get fired as a result of your actions. Instead, they're more likely to band together and align against you.
Patience, grasshopper
Old 08-19-2024, 08:55 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

Peterp IS Harry Kintzl
Old 08-19-2024, 09:38 PM
DKP 97 C2 Coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

Patience, indeed...

The great Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis was famously quoted saying, way back in the early 20th century, that "Sunshine is said to be the best of disinfectants".

While some may debate the methods used, who can deny that Todd's situation, and National's responses to them, has shed significant light on how the Club is prone to operate at the highest levels? As dues-paying members of a car club, shouldn't we, as the "rank and file", be afforded a reasonable degree of transparency by those fellow volunteers who are tasked, and have accepted, "Senior Management" responsibilities?
The following 3 users liked this post by DKP 97 C2 Coupe:
FunWithFiorio (08-19-2024), needmoregarage (08-19-2024), thebishman (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 09:43 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 110 Posts

That's "Bloviated"?

I know what effectuate is. Thanks, was looking for bloviated.
Can it be used as part of a sentence, such as part of the RL favorite "Hookers and Bloviated"?

Quick Reply: PCA medical committee revoked my race license