1) Max
2) Carlos
3) Perez
Old 04-02-2024, 03:28 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,103 Likes on 1,838 Posts

I predict that Tsunoda either does really well (P7 or better) or he bins it.

I also don't think Ricciardo finishes the year. He probably gets 2 - 3 more races, but if he doesn't step it up, I don't think he even makes it to the summer break.

Lots of chatter about Vettel coming back but I think that would be a mistake, There are lots of good younger drivers in the pipeline and I would rather see Vettel racing in IMSA or LeMans.

Max
Sainz
LeClerc

I don't see Perez making the podium.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:30 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

I agree. I want to see Vettel at LeMans and the Daytona and Sebring next year in a 963.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Roblin (04-03-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 03:53 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 178 Likes on 110 Posts

Lewis
George
Lando

A man can dream, cant he?
Old 04-02-2024, 04:19 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Three Brits on the podium would be pretty cool but the Mercedes engineers seem to be having trouble building a fast car. They lost their mojo worse than Austin Powers.
thebishman (04-03-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 04:21 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,103 Likes on 1,838 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyndellis
Lewis
George
Lando

A man can smoke crack dream, cant he?
FIFY

Actually, I think Lando is the only one of your picks who could make it to the podium.
The following 2 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Carlo_Carrera (04-02-2024), skl (04-02-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 04:46 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I predict that Tsunoda either does really well (P7 or better) or he bins it.

I also don't think Ricciardo finishes the year. He probably gets 2 - 3 more races, but if he doesn't step it up, I don't think he even makes it to the summer break.

Lots of chatter about Vettel coming back but I think that would be a mistake, There are lots of good younger drivers in the pipeline and I would rather see Vettel racing in IMSA or LeMans.

Max
Sainz
LeClerc

I don't see Perez making the podium.
Hard to argue with any of that- have always liked Seb and would love to see him in sports car at this point. As much as I like Danny RIC it seems they may be wasting Liam sitting on the sidelines and feel his days may be numbered.

Looks like things are not heaven on earth over at McLaren tech wise. Wonder what's up with that??
Old 04-02-2024, 05:10 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

It pains me to say this but at this point I think Lewis is a shot fighter.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Hard to argue with any of that- have always liked Seb and would love to see him in sports car at this point. As much as I like Danny RIC it seems they may be wasting Liam sitting on the sidelines and feel his days may be numbered.

Looks like things are not heaven on earth over at McLaren tech wise. Wonder what's up with that??
As a Dani RIC fan, I hate to say it, but I think he won't last the year. It's almost criminal to have Lawson on the sideline for 2 straight years and right now, Yuki is certainly doing the better job.

Originally Posted by gbuff
Hamilton's issue has always been his mental game when he doesn't have the outright fastest car on grid and that's been echoed by many F1 insiders. He hasn't won a race since 2021, he is unlikely to win in 2024 and mentally, he's already checked out and is thinking about a seat fitting at Ferrari.

I hope I'm wrong, but as a Ferrari fan, 2024 is going to be disastrous year as we will have gone from a strong driver lineup in LEC and SAI to a driver line up where the actual #1 will have to be sorted within the team before they concentrate on beating other drivers. LEC will not give up his status within the team. HAM will come in thinking he's a savior for the team, but like you said, he's finished. When he realizes that LEC is there to beat him properly (as the British say), then he's mope around the paddock, throw people and the organization under the bus, but still cash those huge checks. LEC is a gentleman and it won't get to the level of Senna/ Prost or Alonso/ Hamilton, but it will truly be an unmitigated disaster and the biggest challenge Freddy V. will have in the next 2-3 years.
ldamelio (04-03-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 07:47 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Coming off the euphoria of a Ferrari 1-2 in Australia, it's time to come back down to earth. Although I really believe Carlos could have challenged Max down under if Max didn't have the DNF, we'll just never know.

I don't know....Max took the lead and was hard to pass with DRS enabled even with his right rear brake acting like an emergency brake....
Old 04-02-2024, 07:49 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Coming off the euphoria of a Ferrari 1-2 in Australia, it's time to come back down to earth. Although I really believe Carlos could have challenged Max down under if Max didn't have the DNF, we'll just never know.
Ha, yeah right. Obviously your serotonin levels are still elevated. Sainz wouldn’t have got close. You won’t see another Ferrari 1-2 for a long time. Maybe Monza if the Tifosi mug Max on the way to the track.

My prediction that Red Bull will have reliability problems is coming true. This won’t be the last DNF for Verstappen. That’s when Lando gets his first win.

Perez didn’t do his job at Australia. He’s supposed to finish 2nd when Max DNFs. So maybe the Red Bull isn’t that good, or Perez isn’t that good. I think it’s soon time to end this argument and relieve Perez of his duties. Danny Ric looks lost too. Maybe soon time for big changes at Red Bull. Definitely want to see Lawson back in there.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:51 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
IMHO if Lewis had a front runner car and subordinate teammate he could win the WDC. The guy can still drive. Problem is the chances of him getting into that situation in the next couple of years is small. Leclerc is well embedded at Ferrari and will probably give Lewis all he can handle.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carlo_Carrera:
Mike Roblin (04-03-2024), thebishman (04-03-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 11:22 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
IMHO if Lewis had a front runner car and subordinate teammate he could win the WDC. The guy can still drive. Problem is the chances of him getting into that situation in the next couple of years is small. Leclerc is well embedded at Ferrari and will probably give Lewis all he can handle.
Lewis Hamilton is old, getting older, and getting slower. Yes, he has experience...but the fire is not burning as hot. There are 4 or 5 much younger drivers that would beat him over the course of a season in an equal car now:

Verstappen
Leclerc
Norris
Sainz
Russell

There are a couple more coming along too.
ldamelio (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 08:43 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

I'm concerned about Toto....

Toto Wolff says Michael Masi is a pathological egomaniac:
“This person didn't follow the rules and allowed all of this to happen. He is a completely insignificant person.”
“Everyone saw the drama that took the title from an eight-time world champion. I would have preferred it to have ended differently, but it is undeniable that the race left its mark on history.”
"He lives on the other side of the world and nobody cares about him. He really was a pathological egomaniac."
VIA: [Mercedes AMG F1 BR]
Old 04-03-2024, 09:00 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Oh, he can drive to be sure, but he just seems/sounds tired and frustrated. How many times has he said on the radio this year "These guys are FAST, man" or words to that effect? I think his many off-track interests/activities have much to do with it too.

Contrast that to Alonso who's even older but still drives every lap like it's his last if the situation warrants it, even though his chances of winning are slim. The guy just loves to race whatever, F1, Indy, Dakar, LeMans, probably shopping carts too.

Last edited by gbuff; 04-03-2024 at 09:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gbuff:
multi21 (04-03-2024), skl (04-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season