Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 03:21 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Good grief. Sounds like there are two possibilities. Behind door number one, Horner had a fling with a subordinate then broke it off and she wasn't happy. That's between two consenting adults and makes him a dirtbag for cheating on his wife. Behind door number two, he made unsolicited and unwanted advances towards this woman and used his postition of authority to try to get her in the sack. If number 2 is the case, then he should be canned. If number 1 is the case, that's between him and his wife. Regardless, sounds like the knives are out and his days in the paddock could be numbered.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:39 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 974 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Good grief. Sounds like there are two possibilities. Behind door number one, Horner had a fling with a subordinate then broke it off and she wasn't happy. That's between two consenting adults and makes him a dirtbag for cheating on his wife. Behind door number two, he made unsolicited and unwanted advances towards this woman and used his postition of authority to try to get her in the sack. If number 2 is the case, then he should be canned. If number 1 is the case, that's between him and his wife. Regardless, sounds like the knives are out and his days in the paddock could be numbered.

IF (and it's a big IF) the texts being leaked are real and sexual in nature, then your door number one must be the case given that the barrister's investigation cleared him. I think that the demanding boss / underperforming vindictive subordinate scenario could still be in play. Toto and Zak having the knives out is business and unseemly. Makes me think less of them. The issue has nothing to do with racing. S**t could just as easily come their way.

On the Hamilton to Ferrari topic, I think Toto should be happy. Lewis appears to be past prime but not past whine - he's not maturing into a statesman and George is outdriving him. I'd trade LH for Sainz in a heartbeat. Good marketing opportunity for Ferrari but no way in hell we see WDC #8.

Last edited by ldamelio; 03-01-2024 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:38 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
The top half of qualifying results looks pretty similar to 2023's Bahrain results. Most of the shuffling appears to be in the bottom half except for McLaren which is higher up to the order. Alpine are no where!

There was an "anonymous" data dump of texts to 700 email addresses up and down the paddock. It is being reported that many emails are sexual in nature. I wonder if this is indeed over with Toto and Zac Brown calling for a continuation of the investigation.
Qualifying certainly appears to be a case of 2023, but word is that Mercedes have compromised their qualifying set up to optimize race results. We shall see. The real question is "Has Ferrari made any improvements in the off season to minimize tire deg?" If they have, it could be a 3 dog fight (with the exception of Max, because he's going to be 20 seconds up the road. I full expect Checo to come from 5th to a podium position barring any contact.

As it relates to Horner, I was sent the information on Google drive from Europe today and let's just say he's super clingy, cringe, "thirsty" (as the young folks say), even desperate at times. No contact, just creepy text messages at all times of day and night with suggestive conversation, especially when he's on the road. The person on the other side is somewhat accommodating to a certain point, but you can just tell she (or he, hey, it's 2024) is annoyed at the number of messages.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:08 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

What service are you guys using to watch F1? I recently "cut the cord" so I no longer get ESPN.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:53 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
What service are you guys using to watch F1? I recently "cut the cord" so I no longer get ESPN.
F1TV is pretty good. You can watch it via browser or built in apps like iOS/AppleTV.
The following 2 users liked this post by Coochas:
DreamCarrera (03-03-2024), ProCoach (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 09:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Qualifying only.

🇧🇭 | Qualifying - Fastest lap comparison for Top 3:

- Mercedes was faster coming out of slow corners. It helped them pick up good straight line speed before the final corner.

- RedBull was faster in the straight line using their DRS.

- Ferrari was faster in the high speed corners as well as very good under braking at the slowest corner of the track.

VIA: [F1Telemetry]

The following users liked this post:
Crubbert (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 09:49 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

It was interesting to see the rear wing on the Red Bull shaking a lot when DRS was activated.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,212 Likes on 1,851 Posts

If Ferrari had not compromised Leclerc with the scuffs in Q3, he might have beaten Max…

Forza!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-01-2024, 09:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
If Ferrari had not compromised Leclerc with the scuffs in Q3, he might have beaten Max…

Forza!
Max also had a tow down the front straight on that last lap. LEC “should” have had pole but ..
Old 03-01-2024, 10:32 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Yes, Leclerc's best Q2 time would have won him pole had he replicated it in Q3.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:47 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Yep. Have you seen the leaked texts?
Old 03-02-2024, 01:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kind of a boring race. My driver of the day goes to LEC for managing a break problem for 57 laps and still finishing a solid P4. Yuki will need a couple cocktails to calm down and RB should have swapped positions before the checkered flag. Can't believe Alpine, a factory works team is pretty much the slowest team on the grid -- that should never happen.

All that said, I wouldn't put much stock into the overall pecking order after Bahrain as the teams have been running 6 consecutive days on the same track, a surface that no-one could run the medium compound tire and the cars with the narrowest window of set up would be dialed in after all those days of testing and running. Going to SA, I fully expect some shake up given they haven't run there in a year and a settling down of order after the 5th race in China where no one has run for years to see who has the widest window of set up for their particular cars.

One of my favorite moments of the broadcast was Martin Brundle completely rouge and Crofty trying to reign him in when MB said that going to the hybrid cars 10 years ago was F1's biggest mistake..... he's not wrong...
Old 03-02-2024, 02:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,212 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Really enjoyed watching using F1Live for the first time. Lots of good data, no BS commentary (DC is great), fantastic camera angles and instantaneous replay. Plus, NO ads!
The following 2 users liked this post by ProCoach:
Mike Roblin (03-03-2024), zip465 (03-02-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 02:38 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 223 Posts

Alpine,…

The following 2 users liked this post by Coochas:
Rig.Stunts (03-02-2024), skl (03-02-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 02:58 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 974 Likes on 527 Posts

But they still finished ahead of Sargeant................

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season