Sponsored by:

Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 02:44 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Speaking of which, there is going to be some interesting team dynamics this year.

Ferrari - You have Sainz driving for himself as he needs to earn a seat somewhere next year. We already saw a willingness to get aggressive in the first race.
Mercedes - Lewis is leaving so no need to care about team harmony.

Alipne - In the gutter and Ocon and Gasly already hate each other.
Visa RB cash app moneygrab - Yuki went full Hiroshima in the first race because he had to listen to team orders.
Does anybody like Ocon, beyond his mother? He seems to have an attitude that makes everyone hate him.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 03:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Maybe so, but Red Bull just swept a 1-2, fastest lap and pole.

The other teams would kill for such a s#!tshow.
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with RedBull Racing.

Jos dislikes Horner and doing whatever he can to be a pain in the a$$ to him.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 03-03-2024 at 03:10 PM.
gbuff (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 03:10 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
This is going to be a much bigger deal regardless of what an Independent Barrister might have found.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...stappen-father

RB are in trouble as a team unless 1: they ban JV from the pit and factory; but MV will throw a hissy fit as you’d expect meaning that RB management drops the hammer on Horner eventually;
2: Horner gets axed immediately in order to placate JV and by extension Max, as Max is the team.

Either way the British side of the team has supported Horner so far, but if Horner gets cut and JV grabs more influence based on his son’s skill set, the poop really hits the fan.
Originally Posted by multi21
Actually Toto does. He was seen behind the paddock talking directly and alone to Jos. It's no secret that Toto wants Max to join Mercedes.

Also Flavio was seen talking with Horner and Toto, undoubtedly about getting Alonso a prime seat before it's too late.

F1 is shark infested waters and I can't remember a time where the waters were chummed to the level they are now.
You two can have your fantasies about RedBull falling apart and Max, Newey, etc jumping ship. If history is a guide it is not going to happen.

Jos is not Max's agent and he is already banned from the RedBull Racing HQ but he does do some work Marko as a talent scout.

Toto can dream all he wants about poaching Max but chances are it will not happen so long as RedBull have the quickest car. Max is more likely to go to Ferrari and replace Hamilton in three years than him going anywhere in the meantime.

Alonso is also screwed. Toto and Horner passed on hm a few times in the past and there no reason to think the future will be different.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 03-03-2024 at 03:18 PM.
Nizer (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 03:22 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm a huge Danny RIC fan but based his radio and post race interview, he's giving all the rope he can to Yuki to hang himself. It's all part of the way to maneuver in F1 and intrateam politics are but an alternative aspect of beating your teammate aside from the stop watch. Right now, RIC isn't showing the outright speed and Yuki isn't showing maturity. Checo put in a solid performance which in Dr. Marko's own words, "surprised him"... so if Checo can just keep it together for half the season or more, perhaps he keeps his seat.

At this point, I'm fully expecting Red Bull to go from the most locked down team with a 20 year veteran as CEO and team principal along with perhaps the best F1 driver since Schumacher, to a complete dumpster fire if they don't iron out the civil war inside the garage.
Totally agree with all of this. Danny beat Yuki on being calm, not on the track. Yuki needs to understand implication and how much he just hurt himself. He truly could have owned the narrative post race and gifted it to Ric. Also agree that RB could quickly dissolve from having the best car and best driver and stocked talent on the bench to coming apart. I have no idea what Jos is doing, but none of this is good and they could lose everyone.
The following 2 users liked this post by ELange0322:
goin2drt (03-03-2024), ProCoach (03-04-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 04:58 PM
Rig.Stunts
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

So the interest moves from racing to personalities aka a Spanish Netflix soap opera. Super good and interesting, if you're into that kind of thing. For me it seems a sad attempt to introduce interest to a dead era of racing . . .

The second half of 2021 had competitive racing. Extrapolate 2022 and 2023 into 2024 and F1 will be a dud. Hurry, get it over with.

RB cars have the advantage. Period.

After the first race F1 bosses must be pulling their hair out:
- Same old P1 by 20 seconds, off camera for 98%
- less than five interesting overtakes
- only interesting racing was a fight for twelfth in the dying laps, and a post race interaction

So many expectations, zero deliveries.

I'm supposed to be captivated by Horners libido and a grumpy Dad? And the Champion out for a **** every Sunday?

C'mon Fi FSU
The following 3 users liked this post by Rig.Stunts:
goin2drt (03-03-2024), roadie13 (03-04-2024), thebishman (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 05:11 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Yep Jeremy Clarkson nailed it in his pre race grid analysis of the pre season. Of course MB fell all over him self just looking for the next interview and a complete douche. F1 needs to replace him on the grid walk. I usually never watch pre race stuff and now I know why.
Old 03-03-2024, 05:31 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,103 Likes on 1,838 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA
Does anybody like Ocon, beyond his mother? He seems to have an attitude that makes everyone hate him.
Ocon seems like the kind of guy who bumps into you in a crowded bar and then starts a fight.

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with RedBull Racing.

Jos dislikes Horner and doing whatever he can to be a pain in the a$$ to him.
I wonder what there is between the two other than that Jos is a complete *****. Horner had a big part in Max's success so you would think Jos would be grateful. Jos seems to have a penchant for beating up women so maybe he finds himself locked up for an extended period of time one day soon.

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Alonso is also screwed. Toto and Horner passed on hm a few times in the past and there no reason to think the future will be different.
Alonso has stated that he is deciding whether or not he continues to race in 2025. He seems to enjoy other forms of racing so I would look to see him at Indy, LeMans, IMSA, and maybe NASCAR!
thebishman (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 06:56 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

...I wonder what there is between the two other than that Jos is a complete *****. Horner had a big part in Max's success so you would think Jos would be grateful. Jos seems to have a penchant for beating up women so maybe he finds himself locked up for an extended period of time one day soon.
Your guess is as good as mine. Jos is nuts. Trying to figure out how that dude thinks is an exercise in futility IMHO.

And yes, I agree that Horner has played a significant role in Max's success.
Ksdaoski (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:03 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 421 Likes on 245 Posts

[QUOTE=LuigiVampa;19312527]
I wonder what there is between the two other than that Jos is a complete *****. Horner had a big part in Max's success so you would think Jos would be grateful. Jos seems to have a penchant for beating up women so maybe he finds himself locked up for an extended period of time one day /QUOTE]

As a sociopath, Jos no doubt believes he is the main reason for Max’s success, not Horner and/or RB, and IF there is negativity towards Horner from the RB Mothership, you can be sure that Jos is stirring up as much excrement as possible in order to enhance his, Jos’, influence.

The irony of course is that a known woman beater, previously charged with attempted murder, should be so ‘outraged’ by Horner’s texting conduct that he’s working behind the scenes to have him removed as team principal.
The following 5 users liked this post by thebishman:
Carlo_Carrera (03-03-2024), Crubbert (03-04-2024), Ksdaoski (03-03-2024), LuigiVampa (03-03-2024), multi21 (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Jos' contribution to Max's assent in the racing world is documented and both he, Marko and Horner have all had a part in what's to become a 4 time WDC. That said, Jos' person history is well documented.

As a huge fan of various sports, I can't for the life of me understand how egos get in the way of what you've worked for and dreamed about all your life before ruining it. Just two examples off the top of my head include Jerry Reinsdorf breaking up the Chicago Bulls when they had won so many championships and Luca de Montezemolo getting rid of Michael Schumacher too soon. This infighting within RBR seems so self destructive to me given how they could easily cruise to a couple more championships, maybe more if they keep it all together.
The following 5 users liked this post by multi21:
Crubbert (03-04-2024), LuigiVampa (03-03-2024), Mike Roblin (03-03-2024), ProCoach (03-04-2024), thebishman (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:47 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

Alonso has stated that he is deciding whether or not he continues to race in 2025. He seems to enjoy other forms of racing so I would look to see him at Indy, LeMans, IMSA, and maybe NASCAR!
Don't think you'll see him at Indy any time soon, more likely Dakar.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/form...00-after-2020/
LuigiVampa (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 08:14 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 421 Likes on 245 Posts

Jos' contribution to Max's assent in the racing world is documented and both he, Marko and Horner have all had a part in what's to become a 4 time WDC. That said, Jos' person history is well documented.

As a huge fan of various sports, I can't for the life of me understand how egos get in the way of what you've worked for and dreamed about all your life before ruining it. Just two examples off the top of my head include Jerry Reinsdorf breaking up the Chicago Bulls when they had won so many championships and Luca de Montezemolo getting rid of Michael Schumacher too soon. This infighting within RBR seems so self destructive to me given how they could easily cruise to a couple more championships, maybe more if they keep it all together.
It’s not just Sports of course. What we’re seeing happening now within the RB drama is a public version of something that happens in a ‘micro’ version across all aspects of society constantly when egos clash.

A good summation from Autosport:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/co...edes/10582750/
multi21 (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 08:49 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
It’s not just Sports of course. What we’re seeing happening now within the RB drama is a public version of something that happens in a ‘micro’ version across all aspects of society constantly when egos clash.

A good summation from Autosport:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/co...edes/10582750/
That is a good article, thanks.

It says two things to me.

First, Jos is truly out of his mind. He made two public statements that are completely contradictory.

"There's tension here while he remains in position," said the Dutchman. "The team is in danger of being torn apart. It can't go on the way it is. It will explode. He is playing the victim, when he is the one causing the problems."

And Jos Verstappen has been at pains to rubbish the idea that he has been behind a smear campaign or the email drops."That wouldn't make sense," he added. "Why would I do that when Max is doing so well here?"

Second, if RedBull have the quickest car Max isn't going anywhere.
thebishman (03-04-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 10:37 PM
Estoril
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Estoril:
Carlo_Carrera (03-04-2024), Rig.Stunts (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 09:02 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by MSR Racer
Yep. Have you seen the leaked texts?

I have not. Just speculating based on all the precedent regarding cases like these where it seems to be one of two scenarios

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season