Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024 | 12:53 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I just finished watching this Max Mosley biography which is on Amazon Prime - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8936290/

While I would say it is somewhat of a Mosley propaganda production he does not shy away from his family's ****/fascist past, as well as the infamous **** orgy.

More on point for F1, it talks about the different relationships within F1, as well as his relationship with Bernie.

It is a very interesting watch and he is an interesting guy. You have to give him credit for not letting people push him around.
The following 2 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Carlo_Carrera (01-04-2024), skl (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024 | 01:10 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

From: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon

Interesting.
References to both a **** orgy and also the Bernie/Max relationship.
The following users liked this post:
LuigiVampa (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024 | 01:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sky F1 will add a new presenter to their line-up for 2024, but PLANET F1 have put forward 5 names for consideration.

Who do you think would be a great presentor out of these 5?

1. Sebastian Vettel

For the perfect blend of a pundit, you want someone with experience but also personality and Sebastian Vettel has that in abundance.

2. Jessica Hawkins

Jessica Hawkins has proven herself to be a thoughtful driver with an analytical mind and crucially, one still involved in the sport.

3. Otmar Szafnauer

So this suggestion is perhaps a little more out there but punditry roles tend to be handed out to ex-drivers, forgetting that it takes more than just a driver for an F1 team to work.

Former managers often make good pundits in other sports so could Otmar Szafnauer provide an interesting voice?

4. Alexander Rossi

With three races in the US, Sky will clearly want an American viewpoint and while they do have Danica Patrick for seven grands prix in 2024, IndyCar driver Alexander Rossi would make an excellent addition.

5. Steve Neilson

He is an incredibly experienced individual who has worked in a number of different toles.

He has experience of working with teams having been sporting director at Renault, Caterham, Toro Rosso and Williams but has also worked in the same role with F1.

VIA: [PLANET F1]

I’d like to see Otmar, especially since he hasn’t been picked up by a team after gardening duty, or Neilson.
Old 01-04-2024 | 02:54 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Personally I think Vettel would be a great pick. It is has been said that athletes that were the biggest whiners when they competed make the best commentators after they retire. And Vettel was a Class A whiner.
thebishman (01-05-2024)
Old 01-04-2024 | 04:30 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Would love to see Seb in that role. His command of English, and his sense of humour would be very welcome... and his "imitation" of Kimi at the right times would be priceless.
LuigiVampa (01-05-2024)
Old 01-04-2024 | 09:41 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Personally I think Vettel would be a great pick. It is has been said that athletes that were the biggest whiners when they competed make the best commentators after they retire. And Vettel was a Class A whiner.
I think Vettel would be very similar to the James Hunt pick years ago - a guy who just speaks his mind with a tinge of humor. Vettel is the rare German with a sense of humor.
The following 6 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Carlo_Carrera (01-04-2024), Crubbert (01-05-2024), Mike Roblin (01-05-2024), ProCoach (01-08-2024), skl (01-04-2024), thebishman (01-05-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-04-2024 | 11:34 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I just finished watching this Max Mosley biography which is on Amazon Prime - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8936290/

While I would say it is somewhat of a Mosley propaganda production he does not shy away from his family's ****/fascist past, as well as the infamous **** orgy.

More on point for F1, it talks about the different relationships within F1, as well as his relationship with Bernie.

It is a very interesting watch and he is an interesting guy. You have to give him credit for not letting people push him around.
Just watched Mosley- interesting to say the least though I do remember a bit of it, and that you either liked him or hated him. Did remember that he was on the grid for that dark day at Hockenheim... something you wouldn't want to remember. Quite an "interesting" family! Worth it for a real F1 fan but the casual fan wouldn't get it.

Also found a Zanardi documentary but it wasn't currently available And it doesn't seem good that we haven't heard much at all lately on how he's doing...

Last edited by skl; 01-04-2024 at 11:37 PM.
LuigiVampa (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024 | 01:22 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Just watched it last night. Very interesting. I too thought it was amazing that he didn’t just hide and disappear. He went after that scum tabloid and got legislation to shut that crap down. Don’t ever try to fight him. He will fight back. Hard.

Now the real question is who are the 3 suspects he mentioned that were behind getting this orgy story started? I’m thinking Ron Dennis for getting busted in that “spy gate”. Or Flavio. Can’t think of another.
Old 01-08-2024 | 09:41 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Another exits the FIA.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/104307...-new-f1-season
Old 01-08-2024 | 11:28 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

The FIA tried to pick a fight with Toto and his wife, which failed, and now there is an exodus of talent from FIA. These are just signs that there is more going on behind the scenes.

I wonder when the dirty laundry is going to get aired and we see a change of leadership?
Old 01-08-2024 | 01:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't know if the FIA has ever had any period where it wasn't a mess with one controversy after another. Who knows if this is even likely, but over the weekend there was a piece that indicated there's a possibility of Toto taking over the reigns from Stefano Domenicalli after 2024. Should that happen, I can't see a very smooth relationship with the FIA, Andretti, Red Bull/Horner or a host of other entities and people.
Old 01-08-2024 | 02:16 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

The FIA tried to pick a fight with Toto and his wife, which failed, and now there is an exodus of talent from FIA. These are just signs that there is more going on behind the scenes.

I wonder when the dirty laundry is going to get aired and we see a change of leadership?
The ‘leadership’ can be bought and paid for as we are experiencing currently, and whilst I agree for the good of motorsport in general someone who knows WTF they’re doing would be best, I’m afraid of who might take the reigns should MBS be forced out.

No doubt though it is in turmoil
Old 01-08-2024 | 03:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by multi21
I don't know if the FIA has ever had any period where it wasn't a mess with one controversy after another. Who knows if this is even likely, but over the weekend there was a piece that indicated there's a possibility of Toto taking over the reigns from Stefano Domenicalli after 2024. Should that happen, I can't see a very smooth relationship with the FIA, Andretti, Red Bull/Horner or a host of other entities and people.
Domenicalli is the CEO of FOM. I think Toto wants to head the FIA.
Old 01-08-2024 | 03:08 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I am not sure how the FIA gets rid of elected officials. I have a feeling unless there is gross incompetence or worse involved they have wait until the next election. I don't think MBS has hit that level yet.
ProCoach (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024 | 03:32 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Domenicalli is the CEO of FOM. I think Toto wants to head the FIA.
From what I saw, it's Domenicalli's position Toto is reported to be looking at.

"Mercedes F1 Team CEO and Team Principal Toto Wolff is reportedly eyeing up a move into the top position at the Formula One Group, replacing Stefano Domenicali as its President and CEO. This comes as Lewis Hamilton discusses potential retirement, and James Vowles seems set to replace Wolff at Mercedes when the time comes for his departure."

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season