Old 12-11-2023 | 04:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
You win; I am not worthy! 😂
Originally Posted by ProCoach
LV is a Pro!
I thought this collection of booze (which is just the home office stash and not the actual bar) would be apparent from my postings!

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Lewis thought he was giving his trophy to an FIA official to be shipped to Mercedes in Brackley.

https://racingnews365.com/fresh-twis...sunderstanding
This is the media trying to make something out of nothing. Trophies are the property of teams, not drivers, so why would he take it home.
Old 12-11-2023 | 04:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Is everyone going to ignore the Clase Azul Reposado?
Old 12-11-2023 | 04:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Hahaha! What a great video. Love DC and it's fun to see him relate to Liam and Christian.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-13-2023 | 03:55 PM
winders
Race Car

This:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jacque...max-verstappen
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023 | 04:06 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
Speaking in an exclusive interview with PlanetF1.com, Jacques Villeneuve said he believes Red Bull’s RB19 is being flattered by Verstappen’s talents and, while the car is unquestionably competitive, it’s the Dutch driver who is making the key difference to turning it into a dominant machine.

“Red Bull is not that far ahead,” he said.

“When they got all their poles, it was a tenth, half a tenth… super close! So that’s not domination.

“That’s not the years of Mercedes when they were a second ahead of everyone, and everybody was OK with that – there was not an issue.

“Max makes the difference because he’s at it 24 hours a day. He’s never getting tired. He gets out for the race car, and he’s still thinking about racing. That’s all that exists.
I'm not trying to start anything, but I think Jacques Villeneuve just said Hamilton sucks.

Last edited by LuigiVampa; 12-13-2023 at 04:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
winders (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023 | 04:54 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

From: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon

“When they got all their poles, it was a tenth, half a tenth… super close! So that’s not domination...."
One hot lap quali is one thing. Making the tires last an entire stint is another.
Ferrari generally had competitive quali times, but couldn't (usually) keep it up for the race.
Not to mention that Magic 8 Ball team strategy...
Old 12-13-2023 | 05:09 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
Pretty much what we all have said. If I can paraphrase, "In the hands of Verstappen, the RB19 is nearly unbeatable. No so much in the hands of Perez."
Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I'm not trying to start anything, but I think Jacques Villeneuve just said Hamilton sucks.
no comment.
Old 12-13-2023 | 06:25 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I disagree with him, but he is definitely saying Hamilton sucks, and he has said so before. They do not like each other.
Old 12-13-2023 | 06:57 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Villeneuve is a **** stirring *****; always has been, always will be and has always been bitter that he only won one WDC.

That being said: he was spot on in that article. I personally do not like Verstappen as a person; (methinks the Apple did not fall too far from the tree), but he undeniably is showing the other drivers the commitment and skill set that it takes to dominate, and has the results to prove it. He probably will in ‘24 also and maybe until the rule changes are enacted in ‘26.

One thing: yes, the grid positions are tightly packed from Quali and objectively there actually isn’t much that differentiates 1st from 10th timing wise, but that bloody RB isn’t just fast in Quali, it can maintain that speed and protect its tyres throughout the race; at least in Max’s hands. Max makes the car look like the cream of the crop, which it is, and vice versa.
Old 12-13-2023 | 07:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Villeneuve is a **** stirring *****; always has been, always will be and has always been bitter that he only won one WDC.

That being said: he was spot on in that article. I personally do not like Verstappen as a person; (methinks the Apple did not fall too far from the tree), but he undeniably is showing the other drivers the commitment and skill set that it takes to dominate, and has the results to prove it. He probably will in ‘24 also and maybe until the rule changes are enacted in ‘26.

One thing: yes, the grid positions are tightly packed from Quali and objectively there actually isn’t much that differentiates 1st from 10th timing wise, but that bloody RB isn’t just fast in Quali, it can maintain that speed and protect its tyres throughout the race; at least in Max’s hands. Max makes the car look like the cream of the crop, which it is, and vice versa.
100% agree that the field is super tight in qualifying and remember something like .9 separated the top 16 drivers in either the last Q1or the penultimate Q1. From what I've read, this year's tires are extremely hard to get right and the difference from qualifying to race conditions with long stints is larger than normal. We've all seen the Ferrari's do extremely well in qualifying just to fall apart in the race -- unless in cold conditions. We didn't have many cold races, but Vegas was definitely one of them and were it not for opportunistic safety cars, LEC may have won that race instead of coming in 2nd.

I'd love for a real F1 insider like J. Palmer or someone on the sky team to really get down and examine why Red Bull were so ineffective in Singapore both this year and last. There's something that the RB floor/ground effects doesn't like about that circuit and Max couldn't get on top of it either finishing 5th and over 21 seconds off Sainz. I guess in the bigger picture it doesn't matter if that car performs well in Max's hand in 21 of the 22 races, but my curiosity has peaked. I'm sure Newey would be interested as well.
The following 3 users liked this post by multi21:
ProCoach (12-13-2023), skl (12-13-2023), thebishman (12-14-2023)
Old 12-13-2023 | 10:10 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Reading about the new cars in '26 and I have a glimmer of hope... smaller tires/wheels (going to 16") and slightly shorter and narrower and 50-70kg lighter. Not drastic but definitely in the right direction. Seeing these cars in person at Miami this year, and Indycars for tthat matter, they are HUGE!! Always loved watching the Atlantics- seemed like just around the right size...
The following 3 users liked this post by skl:
multi21 (12-14-2023), Nowanker (12-13-2023), thebishman (12-14-2023)
Old 12-13-2023 | 10:16 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

From: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon

ALWAYS loved the Atlantics.
Just the right size.
Imagine how much better Monaco would be...

Also, anyone who lusts after a 100/4 is OK in my book!

Last edited by Nowanker; 12-13-2023 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2023 | 03:50 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

And now for something completely different. NOT.

Christ the FIA is a ****eshow:

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...or-ben-sulayem
Old 12-14-2023 | 04:03 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by multi21
100% agree that the field is super tight in qualifying and remember something like .9 separated the top 16 drivers in either the last Q1or the penultimate Q1. From what I've read, this year's tires are extremely hard to get right and the difference from qualifying to race conditions with long stints is larger than normal. We've all seen the Ferrari's do extremely well in qualifying just to fall apart in the race -- unless in cold conditions. We didn't have many cold races, but Vegas was definitely one of them and were it not for opportunistic safety cars, LEC may have won that race instead of coming in 2nd.

I'd love for a real F1 insider like J. Palmer or someone on the sky team to really get down and examine why Red Bull were so ineffective in Singapore both this year and last. There's something that the RB floor/ground effects doesn't like about that circuit and Max couldn't get on top of it either finishing 5th and over 21 seconds off Sainz. I guess in the bigger picture it doesn't matter if that car performs well in Max's hand in 21 of the 22 races, but my curiosity has peaked. I'm sure Newey would be interested as well.
Do you think it might be the incredibly high humidity that seems to occur in Singapore? 🤷‍♂️
Old 12-14-2023 | 04:53 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

And now for something completely different. NOT.

Christ the FIA is a ****eshow:

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...or-ben-sulayem
Ben Sulayem and all the political appointments are the problem.

The middle management and below at the FIA, people who were hired on merit, are solid and intelligent people who do a great job in their roles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carlo_Carrera:
multi21 (12-14-2023), thebishman (12-14-2023)

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season