CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 08:52 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=bojali;12206704]
Originally Posted by nuvolari612
There is a open campaign on a seal near the clutch but Porche only covers it when a major or clutch replacement is performed - anyone have any thoughts on this?

I did this (W735) update on my last major. Since the engine was out for valve/cam checks. Was a good opportunity to check the RMS and clutch/TO. And since Porsche was paying, why not! Nothing unusual to report.
Thanks - the fact I can't inspect it without removing the engine concerned me. Porsche sort of went half pregnant by saying it's an open campaign as long as we don't pay for it until the owner decides to do a major or glazes the clutch
Old 04-16-2015, 01:17 PM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=bojali;12206704]
There is a open campaign on a seal near the clutch but Porche only covers it when a major or clutch replacement is performed - anyone have any thoughts on this?

I did this (W735) update on my last major. Since the engine was out for valve/cam checks. Was a good opportunity to check the RMS and clutch/TO. And since Porsche was paying, why not! Nothing unusual to report.
I am of the feeling that this seal is an important thing to get changed. There is concern that the original design was letting dust/dirt accumulate in the slave cylinder causing it to leak. Guess where it leaks on? The clutch. This is why people experience slippage at the top of the rev range.

Just had a major done and that last campaign was completed. Clutch was cleaned and measures 30.5 with 6800 miles. Slipped a little before, and solid as a rock now. I have a feeling people were either misdirected to replace the clutch when this happened, or the techs just didnt know what they were looking at. I always scratch my head when I seen an 800 mile car with a "new" clutch. Just should not happen that early, and these nightmare stories are why CGT's traded down IMHO. They are in fact brutally SIMPLE machines and you can see that when they are broken down.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:45 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

[QUOTE=cgt04115;12209371]
Originally Posted by bojali

I am of the feeling that this seal is an important thing to get changed. There is concern that the original design was letting dust/dirt accumulate in the slave cylinder causing it to leak. Guess where it leaks on? The clutch. This is why people experience slippage at the top of the rev range.

Just had a major done and that last campaign was completed. Clutch was cleaned and measures 30.5 with 6800 miles. Slipped a little before, and solid as a rock now. I have a feeling people were either misdirected to replace the clutch when this happened, or the techs just didnt know what they were looking at. I always scratch my head when I seen an 800 mile car with a "new" clutch. Just should not happen that early, and these nightmare stories are why CGT's traded down IMHO. They are in fact brutally SIMPLE machines and you can see that when they are broken down.
Thanks - curious what made you do the major? If it was clutch slipping - completely understand. Seemed like you could have gone with belts and fluids etc. but for the slipping.

Agree with the simplicity but they were built by F1 techs who assumed that tearing apart the car to get to things was not an issue cost to those guys is non existent. The close proximity to the clutch is the reason I bring this up.

Also agree that clutches glazed early - due to heat and this issue. Porsche wouldn't open a campaign unless ... wish Porsche would take this a lil more serious vs if you got the engine out ...
Old 04-17-2015, 07:53 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=nuvolari612;12210418]
Originally Posted by cgt04115

Thanks - curious what made you do the major? If it was clutch slipping - completely understand. Seemed like you could have gone with belts and fluids etc. but for the slipping.

Agree with the simplicity but they were built by F1 techs who assumed that tearing apart the car to get to things was not an issue cost to those guys is non existent. The close proximity to the clutch is the reason I bring this up.

Also agree that clutches glazed early - due to heat and this issue. Porsche wouldn't open a campaign unless ... wish Porsche would take this a lil more serious vs if you got the engine out ...
So yes I started the major to find out what was happening with my clutch (keep in mind, it only was effected at the top of the rev range, I street drive it so it didn't effect the experience much) and I was right in my diagnosis before it was taken down, (slow leaky slave on a perfectly thick clutch, and I wanted to finish the last campaign as a result) but the main issue revolved around a very rough idle. Start the car and it just rumbled along and needed throttle to keep it from bogging down. If you have not replaced the original coil packs they will all be dead no two ways around it. Smooth as silk on every start, no more misfires and it runs better all around. I wouldn't hesitate to do the service again. Made all the difference in the world.

Also since I knew I was shipping the car for service, I went all the way with it while it was there. That means all new clear bra and a full detail inside and out while it was apart. If you have ten year old clear bra on the car get it off now!!!!! Find a credible installer who will take the time to remove it correctly. Old clear is notorious for taking up paint and clearcoat upon removal effectively being counterproductive to it's original intent.

When it was redelivered back to me, it literally looked like a 100 mile car on a showroom floor. I was floored, then I floored it........
Old 04-17-2015, 11:10 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

[QUOTE=cgt04115;12211447]

So yes I started the major to find out what was happening with my clutch (keep in mind, it only was effected at the top of the rev range, I street drive it so it didn't effect the experience much) and I was right in my diagnosis before it was taken down, (slow leaky slave on a perfectly thick clutch, and I wanted to finish the last campaign as a result) but the main issue revolved around a very rough idle. Start the car and it just rumbled along and needed throttle to keep it from bogging down. If you have not replaced the original coil packs they will all be dead no two ways around it. Smooth as silk on every start, no more misfires and it runs better all around. I wouldn't hesitate to do the service again. Made all the difference in the world.

Also since I knew I was shipping the car for service, I went all the way with it while it was there. That means all new clear bra and a full detail inside and out while it was apart. If you have ten year old clear bra on the car get it off now!!!!! Find a credible installer who will take the time to remove it correctly. Old clear is notorious for taking up paint and clearcoat upon removal effectively being counterproductive to it's original intent.

When it was redelivered back to me, it literally looked like a 100 mile car on a showroom floor. I was floored, then I floored it........
I do have 10 year old clear bra and was waiting til next spring to replace belts / new clear bra.

Mine runs perfect - will look at the records believe it has the original coil packs. Will also speak to the clear bra guy shop who has seen the car and never mentioned the old material causes issues.

Full throttle is the only way to shake her tail feathers!

Much appreciated.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:21 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Seal 04

Was 550k Now 795k.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Seal 04

Was 550k Now 795k.

Where's this listed?
Old 04-19-2015, 10:52 PM
Ak3249
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern

Where's this listed?
I personally saw it on F Chat

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/oth...#post143878384
Old 04-19-2015, 11:06 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ak3249
Ah. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 534 Likes on 351 Posts

Was 550k Now 795k.
BOOM
Old 04-20-2015, 11:19 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 63 Posts

I know of a 8000 mile serviced 2004 silver/black one for $679K. PM me with contact info if interested.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:36 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by JustinS
BOOM
hah!

Apologies as I get confused easily.

But if someone has put on / taken off their CGT why not ride the storm out.

Next stop 1m - the guys who sold at 4 - 500k are kicking themselves as will the guys today at 650 - 800k.

Point of reference - go look at what the last 599 manual sold for and it's twin F1 is worth 500k less. If you don't think there is money to be made in manuals let alone special manuals ... you are just flat out wrong.

There are only so many good CGT's - the guys getting these at todays market price are taking a risk but the guys who bought them at far lower and selling them only to make money ... appears

Anyway - I want to Thank Porsche for making made the clutch the way they did
Old 04-20-2015, 02:37 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 63 Posts

Anyway - I want to Thank Porsche for making made the clutch the way they did
Well. I HATE the auto start but LOVE the car
Old 04-20-2015, 04:54 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by CGT000
Well. I HATE the auto start but LOVE the car
It's not my favorite feature but given the size of the clutch Porsche had no other choice - without it the newbie driver would glaze em even faster.

Plus side it keeps the faint of hearts miles down to a minimum as they blame the car - hence the sale.

In fairness to one seller here - the Canadian to US Dollar makes for very good timing as a ton of Canada cars are hitting the market.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:57 PM
achilles99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the values seem to be skyrocketing, maybe this is the time for someone to try new launch techniques...

Quick Reply: CGT Prices