Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 03:16 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 94 Posts

What is the consensus on long term values for the Pista? I realize the F8 is similar for less money but I think those will depreciate like rocks and Pistas will hold value at minimum if they are bought near or below MSRP and mileage stays low.

Reason I ask is I miss my old 488GTB and possibly want to replace with a Pista.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:54 PM
futurelegend
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will most likely go down as they are not limited to a certain number and it seems like everyone who wants one is getting one. Heck even the enzo was produced more than what ferrari said.Buy what you like. Even if you losemoney you will have enjoyed it. If you make money thats a bonus. Just my $0.02
Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by localmotion411
What is the consensus on long term values for the Pista? I realize the F8 is similar for less money but I think those will depreciate like rocks and Pistas will hold value at minimum if they are bought near or below MSRP and mileage stays low.

For the money - suggest a 458 Speciale Aperta or coupe last Pininfarina NA V8
The Pista volume added 15% or more over Speciale - good news is there are plenty for sale. F8 is an impressive car and it's track version will be fast.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:48 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
I also made money when I sold my P1 allocation back in the days. I wanted to buy both cars, but my wife made that decision for me and told me to choose one. But if we are being honest here, the only cars that Mclaren has kept up in value is the P1 and of course, my dream car, the F1 over the years. You can always flip cars within a few months of the car's introduction (honeymoon phase), but that doesn't mean it will hold up over time. I remember the GT2RS were being flipped at stupid numbers over MSRP when it first came out, these things are trading below MSRP at the moment.

And if we are talking about peak values here, because that's what you are using for your profit on your Senna, Ferrari F12 TDF were being flipped for 800k over at its peak (many well equipped TDF was 550k and flipped for over 1.3-1.4 million at its peak). LaFerrari were flipped for 1.7 million over its original MSRP. Even my friend who flipped his PTS 911R for 480k over MSRP (sold for 700k with a MSRP of 220K).

But if we are looking at long term values, then Ferrari special edition cars has kept its value over the years. 575 Super America, 550 Barchetta, 599 GTO, 599 GTO Aperta, F12 TDF, 458 Speciale Aperta (or even the regular 458 Speciale to a certain degree), Enzo, LaFerrari, F40, F50...

Same goes with Porsche special editions on long term values. 993 GT2, 964RS, 993RS, 997 GT3RS, 997 GT2RS, 997 Speedster, 997 Sport Classics, 997 GT3RS 4.0, 911R, CGT, 918 Spyder....

Mclaren? Just the F1 and P1 so far.

Remember those High Sport editions, Can AM editions on the 12C? 10 of those, 20 of that. But Mclaren definitely didn't do itself any favor when it started down the path of the limited editions within its limited editions. Now you have the standard Senna (limited edition of 500 cars), Senna XPs, Senna GTR, Senna Can AM, and the rumored Senna LM (road legal version of the GTR). What's next?

Going forward, I'm not sure if Ferrari special editions will have the same market appreciation as it did in the past, especially considering Ferrari is turning out special editions after special editions with the new corporate strategy. Does this sound familiar? LOL, I'm sure it does because that's what got Mclaren into trouble in the first place.
Problem IMO - dealers or lack there of.with 22 US 80 Worldwide Mac vs Ferrari near 50 in US alone

Senna 500 XP 6 Can Am none in US that I know - understand that seems like a lot but 130 over 22 dealers vs tdf's to their 48 dealers who got 6 7 8 allocations. So 1 Senna est to every 3 tdf's in the US may seem like a lot to guys who around super car dealers tracks etc but not across the US.
Senna GTR 75 Ferrari FXX 40 - GTR's were the problem as guys flipped into those but to Mac's credit they greatly reduced Elva but again wish they would just add dealers.

Guys on the coast / big cities see Mac completely different than Midwest or smaller cities where Macs are far and few between.
It's still a new company that looks futuristic - when I drove my MP4 people thought it was an F1 then P1. I think Mac's problem is lack of dealers with true salespeople who live and eat the brand not serve latte's with soft hands.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-21-2020 at 07:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
futurelegend (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 01:10 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

So you think the reason for Mclaren's poor resale value is due to lack of dealers around the country?

Uh ok. Please explain why Lamborghini does so poorly in resale value despite having many dealers across the country? Or how the Mclaren F1 appreciated its value over the years when Mclaren had no dealerships prior to 2011?

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Problem IMO - dealers or lack there of.with 22 US 80 Worldwide Mac vs Ferrari near 50 in US alone

Senna 500 XP 6 Can Am none in US that I know - understand that seems like a lot but 130 over 22 dealers vs tdf's to their 48 dealers who got 6 7 8 allocations. So 1 Senna est to every 3 tdf's in the US may seem like a lot to guys who around super car dealers tracks etc but not across the US.
Senna GTR 75 Ferrari FXX 40 - GTR's were the problem as guys flipped into those but to Mac's credit they greatly reduced Elva but again wish they would just add dealers.

Guys on the coast / big cities see Mac completely different than Midwest or smaller cities where Macs are far and few between.
It's still a new company that looks futuristic - when I drove my MP4 people thought it was an F1 then P1. I think Mac's problem is lack of dealers with true salespeople who live and eat the brand not serve latte's with soft hands.
Der-Schwabe (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 05:28 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Pista is a great car, very fun to drive on the street/canyons. The braking has been improved tremendously over the Speciale, since it now uses the master brake cylinder from the Challenge car. Steering is tighter and more precise over the Speciale as well. I would say the entire car is an improvement over the Speciale except sound. The throttle response on the Pista is the best of all the current turbo cars. Mclaren has significant turbo lag. GT2RS has less but still noticeable lag. The Pista is almost non-existent lag.

Since there will not be a lightweight version of the F8 coming out, I think the overall value of the Pista will be stable assuming you get one at MSRP or slightly below MSRP. The F8 Tributo replacement will be a V6 turbo, so I think there is always value for those who want a V8.

Originally Posted by localmotion411

Old 07-22-2020, 05:40 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I find my Pista to be the best looking car I own...but certainly not the most fun to drive.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:44 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I sold my Pista already .

Originally Posted by raclaims
I find my Pista to be the best looking car I own...but certainly not the most fun to drive.
raclaims (07-25-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 06:43 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
So you think the reason for Mclaren's poor resale value is due to lack of dealers around the country?

Uh ok. Please explain why Lamborghini does so poorly in resale value despite having many dealers across the country? Or how the Mclaren F1 appreciated its value over the years when Mclaren had no dealerships prior to 2011?
Yes I do and they chose some good some bad dealers but the dealers could not support production like they needed - that means poor distribution any way you slice it.
Ferrari dealers US - 48
Lambrghini US 32
Mcalren US 22
F1 106 production worlds best drivers car and beautiful - just like anything else tell a wealthy person what they can not have and they offer double. Senna IMO will fall into this category if they only made 106 be a multi million dollar car. Or more distribution more demand and they waived the two year wait ... lots of errors but the car itself IMO is perfection.

Lamborghini does not do poorly - bought my SV 585 sell today 450 four years later and that's from a dealer.
Compare Lamborghini SUV to the FF or Lusso? 125k+ loss per year vs 20k Urus - admit all are ugly.
Ferrari 599 F12 812 you have to buy a less desired cas to get the special one and pay above market on a used one.
Anyway with Covid there are many wanting out of their toys and many may never return add next gen may not have the exotic car itch to scratch.
Social media has a very short attention span.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-22-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:09 AM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Totally agree. Is a good looking car, for now. Not sure how that front end will age. But in the right color, the Pista is beautiful. But I sold mine already as it just feels like another turbocharged engine. It’s great, don’t get me wrong, but just doesn’t feel special. I have a very hard time seeing it hold it’s value like the Speciale. I sold my Speciale coupe recently and five years later it still commanded at least MSRP. That is fantastic for an non-limited production car.

The Speciale felt smaller than the Pista. While the Pista was much faster, the Speciale felt more nimble. And the barks on downshift were so much better in the Speciale. To each his own, naturally, as that is what is great about cars. But I’ve started selling some of my cars that look amazing but just aren’t as fun to drive (SLS Black, Senna, Pista, 720s, etc, etc).
The following 2 users liked this post by Kansas911:
raclaims (07-25-2020), sampelligrino (08-05-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 11:42 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kansas911
Totally agree. Is a good looking car, for now. Not sure how that front end will age. But in the right color, the Pista is beautiful. But I sold mine already as it just feels like another turbocharged engine. It’s great, don’t get me wrong, but just doesn’t feel special. I have a very hard time seeing it hold it’s value like the Speciale. I sold my Speciale coupe recently and five years later it still commanded at least MSRP. That is fantastic for an non-limited production car.

The Speciale felt smaller than the Pista. While the Pista was much faster, the Speciale felt more nimble. And the barks on downshift were so much better in the Speciale. To each his own, naturally, as that is what is great about cars. But I’ve started selling some of my cars that look amazing but just aren’t as fun to drive (SLS Black, Senna, Pista, 720s, etc, etc).
Speciale 9000rpm shifting WOT - first time thought something was wrong. It's a blast to drive sounds shifts up down pure joy.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-23-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
yes it has been passed around but not driven....
I don't understand.
Mileage is too low. The older and more valuable a car gets, and the lower the miles, the less each subsequent owner is willing to drive it.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

^ I would just buy a model of it then.
Jason Zhang (07-24-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 01:00 AM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 255 Posts

Not to derail the thread too much (too late for that) and since this car was mentioned in the current Rennlist classifieds CGT "wanted ad", does anyone have any experience with the RUF CTR3?

https://copleymotorcars.com/?showroom=2009-ruf-ctr3

Out of my price range at the moment, but always need goals, and given the limited production, and reputation for engineering, the value seems compelling.

Curious if anyone has owned or driven one, and impressions???
Old 07-24-2020, 02:27 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nizer
Mileage is too low. The older and more valuable a car gets, and the lower the miles, the less each subsequent owner is willing to drive it.
Until you get the guy who has money burning holes in his pocket and wants only the best of the best to play with.

Quick Reply: CGT Prices