Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my cars in a line-up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Byron_944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you have to do what you have to do. Besides, you just got a 997 turbo, I dont think anyone will be too mad at you!

Would you sell the F430 as well, and replace both Ferraris with possibly a 599? I'm sorry if anyone has asked you this before, but have you considered buying classic cars, like an F40, or something similar?

Edit: On a slightly more down to earth note, you'll need a new sig.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:22 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking F40, F50 and an Enzo! Why not?

I wish Bill Gates was my older brother so I could tell him how much of a 'deprived child' I am and convince him to buy me the list above to make me feel better! I think the F40 is the 'cats ***'. I had a very good friend who had one back in 1991 or 92. I thought it was freaked out then but really didn't know how much of a 'bad ***' it was. I would love one and an Enzo too. Ahhh and a F50 just for the hell of it! Michael
Old 08-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Byron_944
Pro

Originally Posted by magwheel
I wish Bill Gates was my older brother so I could tell him how much of a 'deprived child' I am and convince him to buy me the list above to make me feel better! I think the F40 is the 'cats ***'. I had a very good friend who had one back in 1991 or 92. I thought it was freaked out then but really didn't know how much of a 'bad ***' it was. I would love one and an Enzo too. Ahhh and a F50 just for the hell of it! Michael
Well, what are you waiting for? An F40 really isnt that expensive relative to the type of cars you're buying. Midlife crisis, anyone? An F50 on the other hand will cost almost as much as an Enzo. What are you plans for the Lamborghinis and the Ferrari F430? The Ford and Porsche have so much character, its hard to imagine you selling them. They're unique in your already unique collection.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Plus I wouldn't drive any of them in the rain so they're on Battery Tenders a whole lot and it just seemed stupid to try and keep them all.
Please sell your cars to someone who will make good use of them. Having them just so you can talk about having them on the internet is pointless . . .

Old 08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Angry pointless?

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
Please sell your cars to someone who will make good use of them. Having them just so you can talk about having them on the internet is pointless . . .

Well..... somebody seems to have an anger management problem! I drive them as much as I can and take very good care of them. I don't drive them in the rain and park them a million miles away from possible damage from other cars. I think you have me all wrong. In no way am I a show off or a braggadocio! Mags
Old 08-31-2006, 07:00 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Well..... somebody seems to have an anger management problem! I drive them as much as I can and take very good care of them. I don't drive them in the rain and park them a million miles away from possible damage from other cars. I think you have me all wrong. In no way am I a show off or a braggadocio! Mags
I am not at all angry. Why would I be? You're not stopping me from enjoying my car.

But you've made comments like "But you know me, I'll never open her up all the way to see just how brutal she is."

and "I don't drive my cars in the rain."

I mean, come on. Does that sound like someone who bought their cars because of performance and engineering? It's a car. Cars can get wet. The interior and engine bays were actually sealed off from from the weather outside for this reason. Engineers designed the car with the intent of making it capable of getting wet.

You've posted your lineup on several forums. When you make statements that suggest you don't really drive these cars as they were engineered to be driven, it makes it seem like the reason you bought them was because you could and because you could show others you could.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Sorry, but I dun dood it! I sold the 04 Ferrari 575 Maranello. Just had too many cars and not enough asses! I would rotate the cars in order so that they all got equal road time and exercise. Plus I wouldn't drive any of them in the rain so they're on Battery Tenders a whole lot and it just seemed stupid to try and keep them all. I loved the Maranello but I just got the new Porsche 997 Turbo and it's a little more fun to drive and obviously a lot faster. Hated to see the 575 go because it was a beauty and ALWAYS turned heads and got comments on being the most 'classy' sports car they had ever seen!
I may decide to possibly sell the F430 next Spring or Summer and get a 599 but only after I hear some readers reviews. Sure will hate to pay the extortionist premium the dealers will be asking!! I hope not too many of you are pissed off at me for parting with the Maranello. I apologize! Magwheel
The 575M is one sexy car. Hope to add one to my stable at some point.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:39 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by icon
even in your own post you admit you don't know.
why the criticism?
why the need to tell someone else how they should drive?
I am not telling him how to drive, and I'm not going to acuse anyone of anything without knowing all the facts. It is just kind of annoying when you see all these cars not being driven in the rain or "never really opened up." That signifies the type of owner who has them because he can or has them so he can say he has them. Again, not assusing, it just really looks that way. Then the 997GT3 comes to town, I will blame people like him for it not having a sunroof.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

This string has got to be the most ridiculous one I've seen.
I'd be embarassed to show my cars off like that.
Looks like we are stroking a little more than the ego here. It's not like we've never seen any of those cars before or not like any of us don't own one or many of these cars, so why show them off like this?
Different strokes for different folks but to be honest it sounds like an insecurity problem.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Woodster
Drifting

amen,
I am in a different league but I share my car whenever I can.
I take people for rides (occasionally let people drive it), go places to share it with others,
and I also happen to like to drive fast and test limits, and drive my car on the track.
this makes me no more of an enthusiast than Michael.
My buddy with a CGT has been very good about sharing his car with others in my town but does
so with caution becuase of Buffoons that react in weird and jealous ways...

Marty K.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Reimu
Drifting

I can't belive I visit renlist just to hear old guys rant...

But hell, who wouldn't be jealous of that collection?..

Last edited by Reimu; 09-02-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:51 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Michael – I 2nd (no make that 1002nd) all of the thanks and praises that you have been given on this thread for sharing your exceptional cars with us. I have read your posts here and your detailed posts on your website and found them very entertaining. After all isn’t that what this and other car enthusiast websites are all about, enthusiasts sharing their cars and stories with one another and offering the occasional tech help and support.

I know I probably do not need to mention this Michael, but don’t let the few discouraging posts get you down. As I have said, I would bet that 98% of readers have received great entertainment from your stories.

Thanks again Michael and keep on posting!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:02 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Thumbs up Production Number

Originally Posted by Carrera_GTcrazy
Magwheel, Whats the Production Number of your Carrera GT? Looked through the thread and didnt seem to find it. Thanks in advance
Hi Carrera_GTcrazy, I can't remember if I sent you my number or not so here it is..... again? #303. Michael
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Michael, Awesome collection and thanks a million for sharing!

Steve
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

The only thing left to complete the collection is a 1995 Porsche 928 gts

Quick Reply: Pics of my cars in a line-up!