Sponsored by:

Pics of my cars in a line-up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Being 17 doesn't excuse rudeness, even on the internet. I do believe an appology is in order as well.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 AM
kevinrubin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greenshoes3
yes, i am financially insecure, maybe because im 17, could that be it? I guess I have just felt the opposite about him, just voicing my opinion, I do love his style in cars, I've just felt like he thinks hes something special, but like I said earlier, it is the internet and I could be completely wrong.

I completely agree with Joe. Being 17 means that you "believe you know everything" ...but in reality, you know very little. At 17, I personally would not have openned my mouth unless I had something meaningful to say. To simply defile Mags...who most of us don't even know, but are envious of his collection, is just inappropriate.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:06 AM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

mags, first off...my deepest condolences to you for your loss. I'm sure that Toby knew that he was loved before moving on to the next realm. I recall the days when my childhood dog (and partner in crime) passed away. I was a basket case for years and just couldn't imagine getting a new dog until one day I finally did. Now I love my dog, Tahoe deeply so. I cannot imagine losing her but I know that one day she will leave me.

As for greenshoes, just ignore him. There's a reason why he has "green shoes" and that's because he seems to be full of jealousy which has obviously been directed your way. He's a troll, looking for attention, its as simple as that. We folks have better things to do with our time. I salute, you, Mike, for having an amazing collection to begin with. BTW, which Lambo did you end up selling? Hulkster or Fuzzy Navel? I had a chance to sit in a LP640 the other day before taking delivery of my Cobalt 997TT and its a beast! One day, if I'm ever in Ohio, I'll be more than happy to take some pictures of your collection. We need to see an updated gallery of your collection after all.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:13 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,253 Posts

yes, i am financially insecure, maybe because im 17, could that be it? I guess I have just felt the opposite about him, just voicing my opinion, I do love his style in cars, I've just felt like he thinks hes something special, but like I said earlier, it is the internet and I could be completely wrong.
So I'll take it you feel the same way about khalloudy for sharing with the 928 forum his new Veyron :
https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/315013-bugatti-veyron.html
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I guarantee you if I had Magwheels jing, my collection would be a lot bigger than his. Only difference is, I wouldnt have a house to live in, so I think we should applaud Magwheel for showing some restraint and balance.

Money doesnt buy happiness, but it helps you look for it in so many more places.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Byron_944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you're jealous of him in a negative way because you're only 17 and cant buy what he has? There's immaturity in that as well. An apology is in order. If you could be completely wrong, then dont be so quick to dish out harsh comments. Learn to think before you speak (or type).
Old 11-30-2006, 09:34 PM
greenshoes3
Pro

Alright, alright, I admit I was a little harsh with my words, I have a sinus infection and haven't been thinking straight lately. I'm sorry Magwheel for the comments I made about you and the assumptions (I hate it myself when people assume things, so its irnoic in what I did here), and to anyone else I might have offended. Great Cars, and I hope you have a great future, so lets just all be friends who share a love for porsches.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Alright, alright, I admit I was a little harsh with my words, I have a sinus infection and haven't been thinking straight lately. I'm sorry Magwheel for the comments I made about you and the assumptions (I hate it myself when people assume things, so its irnoic in what I did here), and to anyone else I might have offended. Great Cars, and I hope you have a great future, so lets just all be friends who share a love for porsches.
That is big of you. Welcome to the club.

Just curious, why is your avatar showing a MB engine cover when you profess your love for Porsches? Not trying to pick on you, curious mind just wants to know.

CP
Old 11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by CP
That is big of you. Welcome to the club.

Just curious, why is your avatar showing a MB engine cover when you profess your love for Porsches? Not trying to pick on you, curious mind just wants to know.

CP
its my moms engine lol, its alot faster than my porsche, sorry.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

to that!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:32 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S review

Let's see... where should I start? Oh yeah... how did I become interested in a Porsche Cayenne. Well, over the past 4 or 5 years, I've always had two Range Rovers in our family. My girlfriend had one and so did I. Her lease was up a couple of weeks ago and I knew she wanted a new Range Rover because she loved it so much. So I wound up getting her a 'Supercharged' version when she was really only supposed to get the regular model. I accidentally slipped out that I was getting the 'Ex' a Supercharged version (to get her the hell off my back - but thats another story) and then she (my girlfriend) said why can't I get one too.

I was just trying to be a nice guy by making sure the Ex was well taken care of and I ran into a hornets nest with both of them. The funny part is the Ex wanted to know what color my girlfriend was getting so she could decide what color she wanted. Well, I blew my top and told her if she didn't give me a answer on the color by the next morning, she wasn't getting any car. Do you believe she never called me? So far she doesn't have her new Range Rover yet!

Back to the Turbo S. Since we already were getting a new Range Rover in a few months, I thought that having two in the same household was probably ridiculous. So a couple months ago, I went shopping for a Cayenne Turbo. Didn't even know about the 'Turbo S' yet but eventually I found out!. I looked at one (standard Turbo) at our local dealer. It was nice but not as good looking as the Range Rover, IMO.

So I cooled down on the Cayenne desire until one day I had made an appointment at the Cleveland Porsche dealer to take in my Porsche Carrera GT to have the letter 'T' that popped off put back on. I also wanted to get the oil changed and the overall inspection. Before I went up there, I had checked their website for Cayenne Turbos out of curiosity and found two that were pretty well decked out. One was a couple bucks more than the other and had some interesting additions.

First of all, it was all black... exterior and interior. PLUS... it had the blackout package. Wow! Had no idea what it was but it sounded 'stealthy'! I called the dealership to make sure it was still there and they confirmed it had not been sold yet.

Now let me tell you how I happened upon Porsche of North Olmsted. I had posted on... I believe this forum that while drying off the CGT after washing it one afternoon, that my towel had snagged the letter 'T' and popped it off. I asked the forum members if anyone had an idea of the best and safest way to put it back on. After several comments, 'Bernie', the owner of the North Olmsted dealership responded that he would be more than happy to 'come' down and put it back on for me. COME DOWN to me? Huh? I e-mailed Bernie and said that was nice but it would be ridiculous for him to come down. I would be more than happy to 'come up' to his dealership and meet the guy who had made such a kind offer. So I made the appointment to have the letter put back on and also have the oil changed, a few TSBs and whatever else was deemed necessary.

In the meantime, I talked to Bernie and asked him if we could try and work out a deal on the Cayenne Turbo S. He made me a great offer which interested me to see it even more. I also asked that just in case I didn't like the car, would he give me a loaner to drive back to my home. He said sure, no problem. How about that for potential customer relations?

Well I got there and whoa daddy! There it was in all it's grandeur... the all Black 'SR71' Porsche Cayenne Turbo S! I finally found out what the 'blackout option' was. All the trim (doors, windows, etc.) which are normally chrome, were replaced with 'black chrome.' Dang thing looked like a 'CIA' special!

I took it around the block, came back and cried on Bernie's shoulder for a better deal to which he finally relented and I drove her back home! What an excellent highway cruiser! She just rocketed all the way home.

Now for the 3 to 4 month ownership review. The difference between the Range Rover and the Cayenne Turbo S, IMO, is the following: the Range Rover is a sharper looking car, it has a richer quality interior and slightly more cargo space and I think she rides a bit smoother but I'm comparing it to the 'Turbo S' which has a hairier suspension to begin with so this may not be a fair comparison on the ride quality.

I like the sportier interior of the Turbo S better and the 'red dash gauges are the cat's ***! The seat heaters will get your buns red hot in no time at all and the car itself heats up pronto! I love the dash layout with the sound system buttons and arrangement. The stereo system controls make it very easy to switch between AM, FM, CD or Satellite (Sirius). It also has the 'trick' front and rear parking sensors in the bumpers... PLUS, interior front and back headliner lighted bar sensors that light up like the head band of that crew member on Star Trek. "Beam me up Scotty!"

Then there's the brakes. The front discs are the size of manhole covers and will stop you on a dime! I should know. I was buying my girlfriend a birthday gift for her, uhhhh, 21st, 25th, 30th or whatever, hell she won't admit what birthday it is anyway! Coming home, I wound up behind one of those left lane road hogs that drive you nuts so I kicked in the gas a little more and the turbos lit up and OMG, some guy turns in front of her and doesn't see me coming, All I could see was a T-Bone Sandwich! Well at least my eyes and my disc brake right foot still work even if nothing else on my body does! I hit the brakes slightly hard... but I didn't push them to the floor and that car slowed down so fast, it felt like my nose was in front of the grilles! Bingo... now that's what I call brakes.

I really like the *** end and front end lower stainless metal pans in the front and rear and also the dual 'double barrel shotgun' exhaust tubes that look like small cannons. I haven't tried the 'Tip Buttons' cause I think they're stupid. I like the paddle systems a lot better like the ones on my F430 or on the Lamborghinis I just sold. But not like the paddles on the BMW M3s with SMG I had a few years ago. Those damn things rotated with the steering wheel! The F430 and the Lambos paddles stay fixed and make you feel as though you're on the circuit chasing Michael Shu!. The Turbo S buttons are too small and awkward for my taste. The F430 paddles are the perfect size.... but I hardly ever use them anyway. The F1 trans shifts so smooth and positive that they're really not needed. Just like the buttons on the Turbo S! "Buttons... what Buttons? We don't need no stinking buttons!"

The steering wheel feels great and seems to be of the right thickness. Nice sunroof and neat headliner.
the console cup holders need to be spaced out a little farther apart from each other. She has the split rear hatchback cover which I haven't used yet except for the photo here. The cargo area is nice and you can see where I added a WeatherTech cargo mat and also use their floor mats. They are really nicely made and the floor mats have a lip that overhangs the door sills a little so you can just sweep the debris off the mats to the ground outside. Nice products WeatherTech! Oh yeah..... the door sills. Their lettering is lighted. Looks 'dynomite' at night!

One area of disappointment so far is the windshield wiper delay system. The delay mechanism is tied into the rain sensor and it detects the amount of moisture on the windshield. At this point, the sensor and the delay are working about as good as a 3 Stooges Fire Drill. Sometimes on time and sometimes..... nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

The headlights are akin to 'landing lights' on a 747 or World War II search lights. They light up the road like it's daytime just as the lights on my 997 Turbo and CGT also do. I get flashed a lot from some oncoming cars who are not use to Bi-Zenon headlights and they just think you have left your brights on. Once I do flash them my brights, they immediately dim theirs and and calm down.

I've enclosed a close-up picture of the rear view camera.... please forgive the reflection off my bald head! I tried using the rear view camera a little but it makes me feel like I'm on LSD or some other kind of psychedelic drug. After 10 or 20 seconds of watching that rear camera screen, my eyes are crossed and watering! It may be OK to check quickly for children, pets or claymore mines but I wouldn't recommend taking too long of a look.

As you can see in a few pics, I've trained my dogs to sniff out any suspicious articles that may have been planted on my Turbo S by wanna be 'Speed Racers' that I may have just 'shut down' on the local highways. The doggies are more than happy to help keep me out of the hoosegow! By the way, doesn't the front end with those 3 huge grilles look like the open mouth of JAWS?

Now I've saved the best part for last! The Turbo engine.... 520 horses of insane power! I can't believe how she responds. Sure there is turbo lag but so what. When she hits that turbo band, gentlemen hide your women and children and lookout!!! Zaaappp.... all hell breaks loose! I swear, I drive this car on the 'average' faster than any other car I own and that includes the CGT! On the freeways, I blast along at 80-85 or more most of the time. I've had her up to 100 , 105 and 110 several times already. And that's not me. I don't like high speed cause I just don't trust myself or other people on the road. My girlfriend has had to use the 'oh sh_t' handles on the console a few times already. I just feel so stable and confident in the Turbo S that it's unreal. I guess the license plate is appropriate!

I'm really glad I bought the Cayenne Turbo S and want to thank Bernie and the WHOLE staff at Porsche of North Olmsted for treating me like a 'king' and giving me such a great deal on a fantastic car!

Sorry for maybe being a little long winded but it's hard not to keep praising the wonderful experience of my Turbo S. Magwheel
Attached Images                
Old 12-01-2006, 03:35 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Cayenne Turbo S pics

Here's the last pics. Mags
Attached Images      
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing Magwheel! I'd like to see a pic with your new line up!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:30 AM
greenshoes3
Pro

very excellent choice with the cayenne, that exact setup is what I would choose for my dream suv

black cars=sex
Old 12-02-2006, 10:59 AM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice pics magwheel. Also love the dogs Are they allowed to ride in the Turbo S?

Quick Reply: Pics of my cars in a line-up!