Sponsored by:

Pics of my cars in a line-up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hi Michael,

I feel your pain. You see, I posted this thread on another forum Monday evening.

"It was eleven (or is that ten?) years ago that Cat walked into our lives. I came home one evening to find a scrawny black kitten shivering under our eaves in the rain. I felt so sorry for him I placed a cardboard box there for his shelter.

The next morning I found him curled up in the box. That evening I came home, and found Cat standing by the box, still shivering. I put a used cushion in the box to help add some warmth.

The next morning, I saw Cat curled up on the cushion in the box. That same day Melissa gave Cat some canned tuna, and Cat called us family right away. Melissa named him simply: Cat.

If there ever was a people's cat, Cat is it. He loves, no he craves, all human contact. There are no strangers with him. All the walkers and gawkers in the neighborhood would stop and give him a hearty belly rub, or a chin scratch. Cat would purr up a storm. Cat and Melissa would become best buddies. They kept each other happy companies through the years.

Sadly, tonight we had to put Cat down due to advanced cancer. As I type this through teary eyes I am looking at this scene: Just inside the Pearly Gate, the Lord, Virgin Mary, Saint Peter, and Baby Jesus all kneeling around a patch of black fur that just belly flopped in front of them for a jolly belly rub, purring like a freight train.

Gosh I love Cat. RIP."

CP
Old 11-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Byron_944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that, Michael. Whenever people lose pets, I tell them the same thing. You should be happy, not sad, that you were able to provide Toby with a warm and loving home. Think how much you gave to him. If I can add correctly, Toby was fifteen. That's a very, very old age for a dog, especially a larger breed like a shepherd/husky mix. What more could Toby ask for? He had a loving home and four other playmates to romp around with on a daily basis. I'm sorry for your loss, but you can be sure as hell that Toby's final days were enjoyable ones.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TOBY'S last picture

Thank you JW_85cpe and Byron_944 for your kind words. CP, since you've just gone through the same sad time as me, I'm including a little story of encouragement for you and me and for all of us who love our pets and all animals of any kind. Whomever said that man's best friend was his 'Dog' had it absolutely right.

I received this story from a few people when my German Shepherd, Bismark, passed away in December of 2003 only three months after my Father had passed away. It goes like this:

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth, called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge is a land of meadows, hills and valleys, with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm Spring weather. The old and frail animals are made young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again, and those who are ill are made well again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, and eyes are staring. And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together... never again to be separated.
~Author Unknown

After reading this story for the first time, I cried like a 6 month old baby. To this day, whenever I read this little tribute, I'm still in tears thinking of all my dogs and cats that had been so much a part of my life and how much I miss them and how I would never ever want to be without a loving dog or cat in my life.

This picture of Toby is the last picture I had taken of him. It was a little after 12 noon on Thanksgiving Day. Three to four hours later, Toby had passed away. I'm still hurting real bad and miss him tremendously. Michael
Attached Images  

Last edited by magwheel; 11-27-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:38 AM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by magwheel
racer_65, First.... I really don't regard my ownership of these cars as a 'collection'. Rather an assemblage or assortment of cars I own at the present time. I'll keep each of these cars for 2 or 3 years and then sell or trade them on newer models. I may not replace all because at the present time, it's a nightmare to try and drive them all..... what with the bad weather here in Ohio and then taking them places where I worry about them being secure.! To be honest..... I've kinda overdone it!

When I see people with more than 4 or 5 cars, I think about how in the hell they can manage to get driving time behind the wheel of each and every one. Sometimes when people are very well off financially, they sometimes spend it in ways that make you think they have more money than brains. I guess I have to plead guilty!!!

There comes a time in a every person's life when they have to grab the bull by the tail and face the situation! Magwheel
Appologized.

Last edited by greenshoes3; 11-30-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:39 AM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by magwheel
Thank you Vileiz, I'm glad you consider me just an average Joe. That's a true compliment. All I wanna do is be one of the regular guys! Mags
p.s. And good health to you too!
yay

Last edited by greenshoes3; 11-30-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:50 AM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by greenshoes3
You live in Ohio. You own some nice *** cars. You sound very arrogant. People usually buy things like you do to try and mask their financial insecurity, the richest person I know (I can garantee he has more money than you) drives a chevy tahoe. I dont know where I'm going with this, but dont you have a life to live besides showing off cars on the internet?
You live with your parents, You don't own a car, You sound like an idiot. People who can afford a collection of cars like this doesn't normally have much financial insecurity. If the richest person you know drives a Chevy Tahoe then either he doesn't like cars or he is way too frugal. I also don't know where I am going with this, but don't you have a life to live beside criticizing people on the internet?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:02 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Greenshoes3,

Pretty cocky conclusions from a 17 years old.

I have read many of Michael's posts, here and on other forums, and never got the impression that he is a show off. I have shared a few PMs with him as well and he always came across as a down-to-earth gentleman, not full of himself as you insinuated.

I know people think they can get away with saying anything they want over the internet, but unfound, obviousley flawed, comments still will get you rebuffed.

I hope when you finally grow up, you will reflect back on how infantile your two posts here look to the world.

CP
Old 11-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I for one can tell you I met Michael in person; Our dealership was the one who sold him his Cayenne Turbo S.

He is the complete OPPOSITE of arrogant. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete A**. Pure and simple.

And FYI, Don't bother surfing the CARRERA GT Forum if you get offended by money. Infact, Go surf a Tiburon Forum- that sounds more like your cup of tea....

....never surprises me the amount of idiots in this world, but always upsets me.

*moron!*
Old 11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Max Power
Racer

You live in Ohio. You own some nice *** cars. You sound very arrogant. People usually buy things like you do to try and mask their financial insecurity, the richest person I know (I can garantee he has more money than you) drives a chevy tahoe. I dont know where I'm going with this, but dont you have a life to live besides showing off cars on the internet?

WTF is this BS? Get a life dude.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
NewYorkBuck
Instructor

Great collection Magwheels. On a more important note - you say you live in NE Ohio. By any chance are you a Buckeye fan? GO BUCKS!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are a regular guy, its not like you have robot legs, so quit trying to mask the fact that you think you are something special.
Wow, sound's like you have a lot of life experience, like 12 years???
Old 11-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Hope that kid brought his flame suit on.......it's gonna get hot in here!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Byron_944
Pro

If you dont have something constructive to say, dont say it. It sounds like you're the type who just gets jealous when other people have more. You seem like the financially insecure person. I've never met mag, but from his posts on rennlist (and other forums) hes a really nice guy. Hes the kind of guy that I feel if I met at a starbucks and was excited by his CGT, he'd give me a ride. Other supercar owners might scoff at you. He likes to share with others. Perhaps you cannot understand that.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:33 AM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by Byron_944
If you dont have something constructive to say, dont say it. It sounds like you're the type who just gets jealous when other people have more. You seem like the financially insecure person. I've never met mag, but from his posts on rennlist (and other forums) hes a really nice guy. Hes the kind of guy that I feel if I met at a starbucks and was excited by his CGT, he'd give me a ride. Other supercar owners might scoff at you. He likes to share with others. Perhaps you cannot understand that.
appologized

Last edited by greenshoes3; 11-30-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Let's all give the 17 year old a break. At 17(I'm now 33 although 17 feels like yesterday) I know that I would not have made the comments that greenshoes has made, but lets not forget he is 17. He will live and learn, hopefully it is not the hard way.

Greenshoes I think you are totally wrong about Magwheels. I think he is a stand up guy, and I think an appology is in order. Let's all get back to what this forum is all about - AWESOME CARS!!!

Magwheel, thanks again for sharing your great cars with us and my condolences on the loss of your beloved pet.

Quick Reply: Pics of my cars in a line-up!