Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 12:42 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

I just passed 1200 miles and still haven't added gas.

Best part is my wife has totally fallen in love with the car. She drives a Volvo XC90 but I can tell she is thinking about keeping the Sport Turismo for her daily driver and letting me trading in her Volvo when our future Taycan comes in. Original plan was to trade in the ST.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Does anyone else agree that it would have made life a lot easier, if Porsche had put a handle (or a pair of handles) on the universal charger. Given its weight, it is the most awkward thing to carry. I keep it in my house in France and have to carry it out every time I charge the car. I cannot leave it outside as there are a number of light fingered people in the area. I had my Yamaha ATV Raptor 700R stolen in the middle of the night on a trailer, when it was all chained up. In the UK it is not a problem as the charger sits in its wall holder, permanently plugged into a 32 amp supply. When I have to use the charger at hotels etc, handles would make handling much easier.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the extra room in rear. Front seats all the way back in this Picture.

Charger between garage doors, 240 Volt, 50 Amp
It's Christmas Day for me!! Finally have my car in the garage and ready to go. Ordered my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive on January 30. It was delivered to me on Sept. 1. I put it in the Detailers hands and after 11 days have it back with the Xpel Ultimate treatment and C-Quartz Pro treatment. Looking good and driving even better. Only have about 125 miles on it and really just beginning to try things out. So far, seems like everything is working fine. Will continue to work through things. Here are a few Photos taken this afternoon. Volcano Gray with Black/Saddle Brown leather interior. Burmester Sound and rear wheel steering. Lots of other goodies.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pana TJ IT looks beautiful, congrats, I am getting my second 971 next week so also excited.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:57 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

very nice, TJ! Very interesting the letters "executive" above both the electric and gas fill ports -- wasn't aware they did that.
I'm surprised it took so long to get it. I special-ordered my Pan4 E-Hybrid in early March and had it 2.5 months later...
Old 09-14-2018, 09:01 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Congratulations Pana TJ! You have an amazing spec'd car (I kinda like your color combo more than mine; PJNAD5R9 is my code for anyone interested) and I love how you kept the executive badge (a lot of people would delete this) and high gloss silver side blades signifying an exeuctive.

I texted my Sales Associate about my order (placed officially at the beginning of June) because I wasn't getting any updates. I'm doing PEC delivery, so he emailed the PEC delivery coordinator who replied to both of us with an email subject line of "URGENT- PEC DELIVERY DATE SELECTION".

It seems like being pushy is good sometimes Anyways, it's scheduled for October 25th at PEC LA, allowing me not to have to extend my Cayenne lease, and file for the refund with my taxes in November (I file for extensions).

I'm honestly kinda worried about future resale values. I know it sounds stupid and I shouldn't worry when it's such a great car, but I saw a loaded CPO Hybrid Sport Turismo listed for $106k when original sticker was $127 with only 3k miles. Sounds like a great deal if anyone is interested; I think it's at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter. Let's hope the 55% residual for 36 months is somewhat true.

Pana TJ, did you lease, finance, or pay in full for the car? I'm curious to see what lease payments would look like...
Old 09-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Wasn't there a long delay while the factory changed production over to WLTP vehicles from the previous lab/dynamometer consumption/CO₂ test procedures?
Old 09-14-2018, 09:18 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Sweet looking car TJ! Congrats :-)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Thank-you AL! I am very pleased with my build (code PJL6B6E4) and how everything turned out. I just charged it up from 0 miles and it is showing 29 miles now. Going for a 1.5 hour drive tomorrow over the Pennsylvania mountains, so look forward to how it performs.
About the delay, not really sure. It seems that my allocation date kept changing for whatever reason. Not sure if the Executive Chassis had anything to do with it as they are less common. Once it locked in, it stayed relatively true and maybe got done a bit quicker. However, once it came off the assembly line and I got my VIN, it seemed to take forever to cross the ocean into Delaware and then shipped to Pittsburgh. It showed up Saturday morning and I took it home Saturday afternoon.
Sam, I did not lease. I put about half down in cash and trade and financed the balance for 5 years. I was able to secure 2.89% interest.
I had a very good rapport with my Sales People at Sewickley Car Store. Very professional and up front when dealing with all of them. I felt they were giving me all the information they had without pulling any strings.
Right now, the biggest problem I discovered is the left rear door with the soft close option does not self close. I can hear the motor running, but it does not pull closed. I will take it back after I finish my list of items needing addressed.
Again thanks for the good wishes. TJ
Old 09-15-2018, 03:08 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Beautiful, TJ! Hope she serves you well for a long time. That executive is and will continue to be a rare breed as well. And I'm pleased that we'll be joined at the hip for our interior color/trim choices. I'll tell you what... it wasn't mainstream, and we'll probably take a hit on resale value, but I love how mine's turned out and I wouldn't change a thing! I get lots of compliments, and I'm sure you do too.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana TJ

hey, great looking car.

I have a question regarding the RSE - when you see the speedometer on the screen, does it actually show a speed? In my case, it just stays at zero.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

This post will be of interest only to British Panamera owners, using the Porsche Vodafone tracking system. In the close to a year I have had my Panamera, I have always used the same driver security card. On Saturday morning I got the message the driver card was not found. I took it out of my wallet and saw there was no flashing light, so realised its battery (2032 lithium coin cell) needed replacing. I took it back to my house, with the intention of replacing the battery later in the day and got the other card out of my desk. I switched it on, checked the led was flashing and went back to the car. The car still said driver card not found. I then phoned Vodafone Automotive. We went through a test routine and it was confirmed that my second card was not being detected. They suggested I go back to my original card, which we knew had been working, replace the battery and they would re-initialise it. That we did and after a fairly laborious process it worked. Vodafone said I would need to phone back on Monday to get both cards re-initialised, as part of the process wipes all cards off their system and my second card would definitely not work, until both were initialised at the same time. They recommended that even though my second card had not been used, I should replace the battery in it.

While I was doing this, as the process involves switching the ignition on and off again, my mobile call kept dropping as the phone switched between normal use and handsfree. Therefore if anyone else has to go through this lengthy and complicated process, I would recommend that the first thing you do is switch off Bluetooth on your phone, so it does not try to connect via the PCM. If the call drops, Vodafone's less than customer-friendly system, means you have to go through the whole 15 minute process from the beginning again, even if you were at the very final stage - very frustrating!

On Monday, I phoned Vodafone yet again and finally managed to get both cards talking to the car. The Vodafone person recommended that you swap backwards and forwards between cards roughly once a month, to make sure both are working and active. If you replace the battery, you may get away without re-initialising but probably not. Even when switched off, there is still some battery draw to keep the memory parameters and codes for that card memorised. If you just re-initialise one card, the other will be wiped from Vodafone's system and will not work until re-initialised. Therefore if you want both cards working, you need to re-initialise both during the same phone call to Vodafone. Make sure you follow the lengths of time for button presses to the letter, counting one banana, two banana etc to time the seconds they say the button has to be held down, which dependant on which stage you are at, has to be held down for 4 seconds or 10 seconds.

Remember to switch your phone Bluetooth back on when finished.

Wilson

Last edited by Wilson Laidlaw; 09-18-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsyed
hey, great looking car.

I have a question regarding the RSE - when you see the speedometer on the screen, does it actually show a speed? In my case, it just stays at zero.
Thanks rsyed. To be honest, the car is so new, I have not even turned the PRSE units on yet. That is the next venture I am going to try, so stay tuned, I will let you now.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:49 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
Thanks rsyed. To be honest, the car is so new, I have not even turned the PRSE units on yet. That is the next venture I am going to try, so stay tuned, I will let you now.
i woudl really appreciate that - my 4 year old son keeps asking me why he can't drive from his seat because all the displays on the RSE don't move :-)
Old 09-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsyed
i woudl really appreciate that - my 4 year old son keeps asking me why he can't drive from his seat because all the displays on the RSE don't move :-)
OK, rsyed, I took one of the screens off last night when I went for a drive. I was able to observe the instruments displayed on the monitor pad for the PRSE. And yes, both the speedometer and the tach needles move and react with the instruments on the front display. It was pretty neat and they seemed to respond rather quick and in synch. Hope this helps you get to the bottom of why yours is not moving. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread