Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:15 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
FINALLY!!!!

Just heard from PCNA that the 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid has received EPA approval. Also heard from my contact at CARB that he expects full approval by next Tuesday. Car should be delivered to my Dealer in LA by the end of next week!! I'm really hoping this isn't another false hope but I think this time it is really going to happen.
I have just been told by by local Canadian Porsche dealership that the 2018 e-hybrid Panamera's have been released
Old 02-17-2018, 01:37 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
SaratogaLefty, Wow!! I am so excited for you and all the others who have been waiting for so long for this news. Your anxiety has been felt so deeply on this thread. All the best of luck that your car does arrive in good shape and you are happy with your delivery. Look forward to the pictures. I have been feeling some anxiety myself as I ordered my Panamera $ E-Hybrid on Jan 30 and my allocated build date is currently In October. My SA is working on getting that improved, no word yet. Pana TJ
So your car will be a 2019 model, correct?
Old 02-17-2018, 02:33 AM
appenzell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FINALLY!!!!

Just heard from PCNA that the 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid has received EPA approval. Also heard from my contact at CARB that he expects full approval by next Tuesday. Car should be delivered to my Dealer in LA by the end of next week!! I'm really hoping this isn't another false hope but I think this time it is really going to happen.
Oh my god cant believe it. So exciting....
Old 02-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So your car will be a 2019 model, correct?
I was told my build is still listed as MY2018. If I wanted the Model Year 2019, I would probably have to order again after a certain date and pay the increase in pricing as well as possibly lose the pending tax credit given in 2018.
Too many variables and then who knows when the new allocation would be. I am trusting my guys will come through with a better build date as promised. Good observation, though.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:38 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, I always thought that typically with the car manufacturers in Germany, retooling at the factory for the following model year took place in August, with the majority of the workers going on vacation at that time. I'm guessing that the changes from model year 2018 to 2019 will be minimal, so maybe they have some flexibility in when that cut off date will be for the '18s? When contemplating whether I should order the '18 now or maybe waiting for a '19, my dealer did tell me that it's possible or probable that they'll delay the '19 car, since the '18s will be hitting the street so late in the model year... though he could have been telling me that just to make me buy now rather than later, lol.

I find it interesting that your dealer told you that they have an October allocation and are trying to get you one for earlier. My original dealer told me confidently that he'd get me an April build, I cut him a check for the deposit before Thanksgiving, then I got the runaround for 2 months that they'd be getting it "soon," so be patient. Crucially, they also told me that every other dealer was on the same boat. Not wanting to take his word for it, I checked around. Funny that in the past I didn't wanna do business with the dealer that's within walking distance from my house because I wasn't in love with their vibe, but this time they came through for me. The GM said he had to jump through a few hoops and call in some favors, but now I have my coveted late-April build.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Wow, I always thought that typically with the car manufacturers in Germany, retooling at the factory for the following model year took place in August, with the majority of the workers going on vacation at that time. I'm guessing that the changes from model year 2018 to 2019 will be minimal, so maybe they have some flexibility in when that cut off date will be for the '18s? When contemplating whether I should order the '18 now or maybe waiting for a '19, my dealer did tell me that it's possible or probable that they'll delay the '19 car, since the '18s will be hitting the street so late in the model year... though he could have been telling me that just to make me buy now rather than later, lol.

I find it interesting that your dealer told you that they have an October allocation and are trying to get you one for earlier. My original dealer told me confidently that he'd get me an April build, I cut him a check for the deposit before Thanksgiving, then I got the runaround for 2 months that they'd be getting it "soon," so be patient. Crucially, they also told me that every other dealer was on the same boat. Not wanting to take his word for it, I checked around. Funny that in the past I didn't wanna do business with the dealer that's within walking distance from my house because I wasn't in love with their vibe, but this time they came through for me. The GM said he had to jump through a few hoops and call in some favors, but now I have my coveted late-April build.
When I made my deposit on January 30, they alluded I could expect April/May Build for delivery no later than June. However, this past week they gave this October build with a November Delivery. With that said , I believe they have some strings to pull where they think they can get back to the May-June timeframe. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:00 PM
s-works
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE]FINALLY!!!!

Saratoga- Did you receive an official email from PCNA? Mine has been in Houston since September (just before Harvey). Been kind of frustrating not knowing the true condition of the car. Will not know
100% until it hits the dealership I guess. PCNA assured me it was well taken care of.. The dealership has been very accommodating and told me they do what ever it takes to make it perfect once it hits.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

[QUOTE=s-works;14810588]
FINALLY!!!!

Saratoga- Did you receive an official email from PCNA? Mine has been in Houston since September (just before Harvey). Been kind of frustrating not knowing the true condition of the car. Will not know
100% until it hits the dealership I guess. PCNA assured me it was well taken care of.. The dealership has been very accommodating and told me they do what ever it takes to make it perfect once it hits.

I have been receiving weekly updates from PCNA since November. My car has been at the San Diego port since September 15th. Here is an excerpt from the communication I received from my contact at PCNA earlier this past week: "Thank you for your patience while I looked into this as you requested. The EPA has given approval. However, we're still waiting on CARB certification. "

As I said earlier, my contact at CARB said he only has a couple of items that still need correction by Porsche, but he hopes to have it signed off on Tuesday. Once it is cleared I'm not sure how long it will take for my car to be trucked from San Diego to LA but with any luck at all maybe I will be able to pick it up before the end of the month??
Old 02-18-2018, 05:43 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Galavanta
I have just been told by by local Canadian Porsche dealership that the 2018 e-hybrid Panamera's have been released

Thanks for the info SL!

Galavanta, what exactly did your dealer tell you? I Texted mine and he said its just a rumor so far and that porsche communication system was down but he would get back to me as soon as possible. We all know dealers find out things last, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up!

My cars been sitting at new Brunswick port, any one else there?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 AM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
Thanks for the info SL!

Galavanta, what exactly did your dealer tell you? I Texted mine and he said its just a rumor so far and that porsche communication system was down but he would get back to me as soon as possible. We all know dealers find out things last, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up!

My cars been sitting at new Brunswick port, any one else there?
This is a copy paste from his email to me.

"Porsche just announced the release of the Panamera Hybrids,
I will let you know when we can expect to see it here,"

I ordered mine 2nd June....

Old 02-19-2018, 04:20 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Will need something else to read every morning when you guys get your eHybrids : )

Hopefully the pictures and comments on the ridiculous performance will start coming through!
Old 02-19-2018, 01:26 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Will need something else to read every morning when you guys get your eHybrids : )

Hopefully the pictures and comments on the ridiculous performance will start coming through!
Well once I pick it up from the LA dealer I'm hopefully driving it down to the LA Experience Center for my driving session there. Then I will drive up the coast following the instructions given to me by my local service manager. He told me to vary speeds and allow the electric fo fully discharge multiple times using the "e-charge" to recharge it each time and then discharge it again and again. That way it should be obvious if there are any problems with the batteries. Should have almost 500 miles on it by the time I get it home. Then I'm taking it straight to my detailer for a complete treatment - paint correction and detailing inside and out; complete front and partial rear Xpel Ultimate; Ceramic Pro Gold package including the wheels. Then I will be all set and hopefully no further problems!! Just waiting for the CARB certification and the Dealer to confirm it has shipped from San Diego and then I will start breathing again.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:45 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thank you, Saratoga Lefty

I have been smiling all weekend thanks to the news you shared about EPA Certification. Mine has been in hibernation at the Port of Galveston since September. Since Texas is a non-CARB state, I am hoping for news from my dealer any day. I appreciated your calm, sage advice throughout this ordeal. I am now looking forward to your continuing advice, like today's post regarding the discharge and recharge using the e-charge system. I am also trying to determine whether I will use the Xpel Ultimate or the 3M, which I used on the front of my 911 4S. I believe that this thread will be invaluable as we share the experience of this new, highly technical Porsche. Best of luck, Lefty!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by sriklin
I have been smiling all weekend thanks to the news you shared about EPA Certification. Mine has been in hibernation at the Port of Galveston since September. Since Texas is a non-CARB state, I am hoping for news from my dealer any day. I appreciated your calm, sage advice throughout this ordeal. I am now looking forward to your continuing advice, like today's post regarding the discharge and recharge using the e-charge system. I am also trying to determine whether I will use the Xpel Ultimate or the 3M, which I used on the front of my 911 4S. I believe that this thread will be invaluable as we share the experience of this new, highly technical Porsche. Best of luck, Lefty!
Well since today is President's Day, I'm guessing that all government (including the ports) offices are closed. So hopefully you will hear something from your Dealer in the next few days. CARB signature will possibly come tomorrow as I believe their office is also closed today. Anyway, bottom line is we should all be receiving our cars in the next few weeks depending upon how long it takes to get them out of customs and onto a truck and over to our dealers and then how long for them to complete the PDI work including all the software and firmware updates. I believe they have some incentive to try to get us our cars by 2/28 to count for February but that may be wishful thinking.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:10 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

When you drive the car in the "normal" mode, is the battery always available to assist the engine under 1/2 throttle to full throttle acceleration? In other words, is the battery always in a "partially charged" state? While the E-hybrid is about 700 Lbs heavier than the 4S, I am trying to determine if it is more responsive than the 4S in around town driving (due to the turbo lag of the 4S).

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread