Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:56 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Car looks great Manitou - and a lovely family of course.

Call me over cautious but I am not convinced about the rear facing in the middle - I assume it's a seat belt system as no Isofix in the middle? I cannot help but feel that any sideways movement especially would be above what is safe - notwithstanding any risk to anyone in the outside seats. Ditto in an emergency stop if the base is not fully supporter. Just my view of course.
I managed to attach the isofix clips to the inner attachment points from the outer two seats. So it was very secure. However, the negative is the outer seat belts are harder to buckle because the isofix straps get in the way of the standard seat belt clips. My oldest son was able to buckle himself, but my daughter needed a bit of help.

So it's doable but not ideal. We still use my wife's SUV as the daily kid shuttle. But it's nice to be able to throw them all in the P Wagon on the weekend.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:16 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's interesting - so the gap between the inner Isofix points is the right width? So equidistant gap between all the attachment points - surely a happy coincidence!! Sit corrected, great stuff!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:58 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Timer Charging

My electric plan gives me a significantly reduced rate if I use electricity after 11 pm and finish before 7 am. I do have the onboard 7.2kw charger and also a 240 outlet, so my car is supposed to fully charge in under three hours. Using the timer via my iPhone I set the departure time as 7:00 am and I'm hoping the system knows not to start charging until after 11 pm the night before. I'm wondering if there is any way to set the timer to start charging at a specific time rather than telling it a departure time?? I would prefer to just tell it to start charging at 1 am but can't figure out if that is possible???
Old 07-29-2018, 07:24 PM
ftrengineer82
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been able to find a way to choose charging start time. Looking at my electricity usage, it looks like the charging infrastructure uses your departure time to solve for when to start charging. If you have the 7.2kW onboard charger and 240V supply it should take around 3 hours to charge. In my case, the charge rate spikes in hour 1, and then steps down in hour 2 and hour 3 as it gets ready for your departure.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:39 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Check Engine light

Here's an update on an old and long saga about the Check Engine Light.

I have just picked up our 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid from the service department, and we all hope and believe that a persistent problem is finally solved. They found that a coolant hose for the hybrid system was twisted, apparently a manufacturing problem. The twist limited the flow of coolant but did not stop it altogether, presumably accounting for the intermittent nature of the CEL symptom. The reason this hose was not identified earlier was that it could be seen only after the rear bumper had been removed.

Our car was in the service department on three different occasions, for periods of two weeks, two weeks and four weeks. This was two months altogether on a car we have owned for only four months total. We were about ready to give up hope on repairs and pursue other remedies when they finally pinpointed the hose problem. During the first two service visits there were trial-and-error attempts, i.e., let's try this and see if it works. But the third time there was an obvious defect found. So hope springs back to life.

The good news is that in driving the car home today I was reminded once again how much fun it is to drive and how beautiful it is. We were without the car for such long periods that it has been almost like getting a new car four times over. But okay, that's enough already.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:13 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
Here's an update on an old and long saga about the Check Engine Light.

I have just picked up our 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid from the service department, and we all hope and believe that a persistent problem is finally solved. They found that a coolant hose for the hybrid system was twisted, apparently a manufacturing problem. The twist limited the flow of coolant but did not stop it altogether, presumably accounting for the intermittent nature of the CEL symptom. The reason this hose was not identified earlier was that it could be seen only after the rear bumper had been removed.

Our car was in the service department on three different occasions, for periods of two weeks, two weeks and four weeks. This was two months altogether on a car we have owned for only four months total. We were about ready to give up hope on repairs and pursue other remedies when they finally pinpointed the hose problem. During the first two service visits there were trial-and-error attempts, i.e., let's try this and see if it works. But the third time there was an obvious defect found. So hope springs back to life.

The good news is that in driving the car home today I was reminded once again how much fun it is to drive and how beautiful it is. We were without the car for such long periods that it has been almost like getting a new car four times over. But okay, that's enough already.
Hope you have complained to Porsche customer services. My colleagues 2015 SEH was in for 52 days, he got the Precision course and a 911 actually on the Silverstone F1 track.

Hope it stays sorted.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

It is very hot in the south of France at the moment in the middle of a canicule (heat wave). Even at 2500 feet of altitude today, the temperature in the shade is around 36ºC/97ºF and probably a lot hotter sitting in the sun. My E-Hybrid does not want to charge. The vehicle is under its reflective tailored cover but the charging keeps cutting out at the car end. I had just rolled the cover back around the front grille, where you can hear the fan during charging, so as not to impede any cooling air movement fo the battery. I know charging lithium ion batteries when they are hot is not good for them, so I assume the charging control unit knows best. I will wait until it gets a bit cooler this evening before resuming charging.

Just a quick reminder for some earlier posts I saw: Remember folks; any parameter you alter and want it to stay altered, you have to save as either a number on the memory panel on the door card or a key or both. I had switched off the centre vent when I was coming down to France as it is a bit noisy on Autoroutes. I wanted it on again in the current heat. I set it on yesterday but this morning it was off again. Then I remembered I had not saved the Centre Vent open as a personal setting on the number one and the key.

Wilson
Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Just a quick reminder for some earlier posts I saw: Remember folks; any parameter you alter and want it to stay altered, you have to save as either a number on the memory panel on the door card or a key or both. I had switched off the centre vent when I was coming down to France as it is a bit noisy on Autoroutes. I wanted it on again in the current heat. I set it on yesterday but this morning it was off again. Then I remembered I had not saved the Centre Vent open as a personal setting on the number one and the key.

Wilson
The first 48 hours as a new owner of the Panamera, I was frustrated that none of my settings would stay. I thought to myself how stupid the software must be that it does not memorize my seat position or any other setting from the PCM....
Old 08-02-2018, 10:38 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by rsyed
The first 48 hours as a new owner of the Panamera, I was frustrated that none of my settings would stay. I thought to myself how stupid the software must be that it does not memorize my seat position or any other setting from the PCM....
Glad I'm not the only one who went through that.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:47 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
It is very hot in the south of France at the moment in the middle of a canicule (heat wave). Even at 2500 feet of altitude today, the temperature in the shade is around 36ºC/97ºF and probably a lot hotter sitting in the sun. My E-Hybrid does not want to charge. The vehicle is under its reflective tailored cover but the charging keeps cutting out at the car end. I had just rolled the cover back around the front grille, where you can hear the fan during charging, so as not to impede any cooling air movement fo the battery. I know charging lithium ion batteries when they are hot is not good for them, so I assume the charging control unit knows best. I will wait until it gets a bit cooler this evening before resuming charging.

Wilson
this is one of the benefits of the centre vent being electronic and not having manual controls. it saves my everyday setting so on the days I make changes, e.g. a hot day and want it blasting cold air in my face, the next day I get in the car I don't get it blasting air in my face as it resets it back to how I normally want it.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:50 AM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Finally placing order for my MY19 4 E-Hybrid this Wednesday with an expected delivery in December. I've gone back and forth on the sports exhausted and it simply does not move the needle enough for me to option it. I decided to reallocate that expense to other options. Also did not opt the kW onboard charger due to my daily commute and on-site charging available at the office for a car that will sit most of the day. So here is the build:

Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Chalk
SportDesign Package Painted in High Gloss Black
Deletion of Model Designation
Tinted LED Taillights
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
"PORSCHE" Logo in Black
21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
4-zone Climate Control
Ambient Lighting
Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment incl. Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
Carbon Fiber Interior Package
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
Premium Package Plus
LED-Matrix Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:07 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Are you sure it’s a MY19? My SA said that if I wanted a MY19, then I’d have to wait until end of this year to order.

My car actually just went into V260 with expected arrival of 10/12/18.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:13 AM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes. It has been confirmed as they are only receiving 2 allocations. I also received a confirmation from another dealership here in TX that contacted me to inform me that MY19 allocations are now open for order.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:55 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy
Finally placing order for my MY19 4 E-Hybrid this Wednesday with an expected delivery in December. I've gone back and forth on the sports exhausted and it simply does not move the needle enough for me to option it. I decided to reallocate that expense to other options. Also did not opt the kW onboard charger due to my daily commute and on-site charging available at the office for a car that will sit most of the day. So here is the build:

Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Chalk
SportDesign Package Painted in High Gloss Black
Deletion of Model Designation
Tinted LED Taillights
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
"PORSCHE" Logo in Black
21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
4-zone Climate Control
Ambient Lighting
Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment incl. Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
Carbon Fiber Interior Package
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
Premium Package Plus
LED-Matrix Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

Any thoughts or suggestions?
the next owner is going to want that fast charger and it’s really cheap. Spec the 7.2 charger
Old 08-04-2018, 03:23 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cross shopping (this will sound weird) a 991.2 C4GTS vs a Panamera 4 hybrid. I was hoping that someone in this forum could comment on the following things: Does anyone have the massaging seats? Did you compare them against the 18way? I did that there isn't much information, whether on YouTube or the internet in general, on those seats and whether they are that crazy good that you would give up the side bolstering of the 18ways. We just bought a Macan GTS with 14 ways, and I really regret not getting the 18's.

Also, can anyone comment on the Sport Exhaust system and how it sounds? Does it sound remotely like the Panamera Turbo does in spite of not having a V8?

Do you ever feel yourself wanting for more power? Like wishing that you had bough the Turbo?

This last question may be odd, but compared to your usual driving and refuelling habits that you had with you previous car prior to the Panamera Hybrid, how much lower is your monthly fuel bill?

Thanks is advance!

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread