Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 05:57 AM
Gordons19
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thought you may like to see these two pics. The first is off a car review on the web. With 12 miles range left the tank is showing just below 50% so 24/25 miles. The consumption is 0.2kWh per mile.

Pure coincidence, but here's my car. 12 miles left, but 75% in the tank, so a range of 16 miles total. The most interesting thing for me though is the consumption figure is double at 0.4kWh per mile....

I wonder why?
Old 11-27-2020, 06:08 AM
Vintage12
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Temperature seems to have a significant impact on displayed and actual e-range. I recently moved my car from Florida to Minnesota, a drop of some 50 degrees F at this time of year and an elevation gain of around 1000' feet from sea level. In Florida I would often see 31 miles displayed range after an overnight charge and get something like 24-26 miles actual. Here in Minnesota one of my good friend's home is exactly 22 miles round trip - no chance, displayed range 23 miles after an overnight charge, actual 17-18 before the ICE kicks in. Sure I am using heated seats, steering, lights which will have an impact but then again in Florida the A/C was running full blast.

Also, there is a comment above that the ICE kicks in at 84mph on the older models, that's not correct - at least on mine ('18 e-hybrid), it's 87mph.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:06 PM
cbenz1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed if you turn off the AC when you start you gain 1-3 miles of electric power.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:38 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Okay so this morning when I left for the Club it was about 50 degrees. It dipped into the 30's overnight. My full charge only indicated 23 miles when I left home, however when I arrived at the Club after driving just over 12 miles, it still showed 12 miles left. Then on the way home this afternoon, temp around 63 degrees, I managed another 8 miles on electric (total of 20 miles) until the ICE kicked on. In fairness it would have been even better, but I was driving 80+ mph the last 6 miles of electric.
The total consumption shown is the cumulative mpg for just under 14,000 miles and includes a number of very aggressive drives in the local mountains.

46.1 mpg since brand new (~14,000 miles).
Old 11-29-2020, 04:41 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Oil Change

Has anyone done an oil change on the hybrid? How do you remove the engine cover with the engine brace in the way to get to the oil filter?

Old 12-05-2020, 06:10 PM
BUZO JOE
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am trying to avoid encountering the same problem as I search for a dock from private sellers. Many post pictures of a thicker version 1 mobile charger in a housing but list the part number as 7PP-915-706 (no A). Finding clear part numbers tied to specific application, beyond year models is difficult. This housing is vehicle year model independent, what matters is which of the three versions of mobile chargers will be housed in the dock.

The Mobile Charger Plus is what you have there (, I have one too. That housing is made for the version 1(small screen) or the Mobile Charger Connect. both of those are much thicker than the plus. Suncoast sells these docks, but doesn't give the actual Porsche part numbers to distinguish between the 3 variants.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:50 AM
bjterp00
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Picked up new 4S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo

Originally Posted by bjterp00
I've been reading this thread since I started considering the e-hybrid about 6 months ago. You guys have provided great information on this thread ... it's been a great read as I considered my purchase ... thanks!

I nearly purchased a 2020 4 e-hybrid (10th anniversary edition) off the lot at my dealer a few months back, but decided to wait so I could spec my own. I'm glad I waited since the 2021 has almost 100+ HP, and 30% more electric-only range. I was able to send in my spec the night of the 26th, and my 4S e-hybrid is on order, with estimated early November delivery (I live in Switzerland, so no floating across the Atlantic nor any hold-ups at US Customs).

Here's what I decided:

4S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo

Color:
2T Jet Black Metallic
AC Black Leather Interior

Packages:
EB1 2+2 year warranty (Swiss standard)
P2T Porsche Swiss package
ON5 Rear axle steering w/ Power Steering Plus
8JU Tinted LED main headlights w/ matrix beam and PDLS Plus
8A4 ParkAssist w/ Surround View, Lane Change Assist, Soft-close doors
QQ2 Ambient lighting, seat heating (rear)
9VJ Burmester 3D stereo system, window trim in black, on-board 7.2 kW charger

AZD Interior trim with contrast stitching (in chalk)
3FU Panoramic roof
QJ4 side window trim in black
KQ2 PORSCHE logo painted black
ONC Model designation painted black
G1G 8-speed PDK
OP9 Sports exhaust with black exhaust tips
44E 21" 911 Turbo design wheels
8VQ Exclusive design taillights
VW6 Thermally & noise insulated privacy glass
KS1 Heads-up display
8T3 Adaptive cruise control
VC2 Homelink
4F2 Porsche entry
2V4 Ioniser
3KK Individual comfort rear-seats
Q2J Comfort seats (14 way) in front w/ memory
4D2 Massage (front and rear) including seat ventilation (front and rear)
4X4 Side airbags in rear
9AH Four-zone climate control
2ZH Heated steering wheel
FI8 Seat belts in Chalk
5TH Brushed aluminum interior in Black
VT9 Door sill guards brushed aluminum in Black, illuminated

I've still got to decide on my winter wheel & tire package, but I'll probably order from 911design.co.uk which will be almost CHF 1'500 cheaper even with shipping and import taxes.

Now time to wait ... and decide if I was right to go Jet Black instead of Night Blue or Chalk ... or GT Silver ...
I was able to pick up my new 4S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo on Friday. Worth the wait ... it's amazing so far. But the Zurich-area weather hasn't been great, so no good outdoor pics yet!

Before the unveiling ...

Post-unveiling ... looks good with the 20" winter wheels, but am excited for Spring to see the 911 design 21" wheels

Most gratuitously unnecessary option - black aluminum sills with illuminated acid green lettering.

At home, tucked away in its spot. You can just barely see my Miami Blue 991.2 across the garage.

The following 4 users liked this post by bjterp00:
doctj (12-07-2020), Dubbsbear (12-13-2020), MKC91 (12-07-2020), regancc (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Franz993
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi all, this is a great thread, especially for someone looking into an e-hybrid. So I'm being offered a CPO 2018 Panamera 4 e-hybrid sport turismo with 5k miles and all the right options. Dealer just got it and it hasn't been advertised yet.

My question, what key things should I look out for in this car? I know it's CPO and all but would like to make sure everything checks out.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-06-2020, 12:22 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by redantporsche
Has anyone done an oil change on the hybrid? How do you remove the engine cover with the engine brace in the way to get to the oil filter?

Unbolt the driver side and loosen the passenger side, it swings open and you can take the cover off. You will need two box end wrenches as the space there is tight. I recall those are 24mm nuts.

Last edited by E39Nutz; 12-06-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:45 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by Franz993
Hi all, this is a great thread, especially for someone looking into an e-hybrid. So I'm being offered a CPO 2018 Panamera 4 e-hybrid sport turismo with 5k miles and all the right options. Dealer just got it and it hasn't been advertised yet.

My question, what key things should I look out for in this car? I know it's CPO and all but would like to make sure everything checks out.

Thanks in advance!
I got mine 2018 4ST as CPO as well back in April, also under 5k miles. While mine is not a e-hybrid, I have had no issue. One thing I regret not asking the dealer to do was to change the brake fluid before taking ownership, as it came up in the 2 year mark. Now I have to do that myself.

Hope you get a good deal with your dealer. Where I live, wagon isn’t a big seller and mine sat on the dealer lot for a good 8 months.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:57 PM
The W
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Charging options US

As someone strongly considering a hybrid, this thread has been very helpful—and actually has been instrumental in moving from a “never have a hybrid” to now strongly considering a CPO hybrid.

My last piece of consideration is regarding at home charging options.

for those of you I the US, what is your at home charging method? Do you use a standard 120V plug or did you have a 240v plug installed in your garage? Is this important, or is the 7.2 kW internal charger more important or a must-have?

thanks!
Old 12-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Franz993
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
I got mine 2018 4ST as CPO as well back in April, also under 5k miles. While mine is not a e-hybrid, I have had no issue. One thing I regret not asking the dealer to do was to change the brake fluid before taking ownership, as it came up in the 2 year mark. Now I have to do that myself.

Hope you get a good deal with your dealer. Where I live, wagon isn’t a big seller and mine sat on the dealer lot for a good 8 months.
Thanks, good advice on brake fluids. Here wagons are very rare so low demand and low supply sort of cancel each other out. I missed out on a 4S ST recently and I'm more sensitive to the ST market now since I've been following it for the past several months.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:18 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by The W
As someone strongly considering a hybrid, this thread has been very helpful—and actually has been instrumental in moving from a “never have a hybrid” to now strongly considering a CPO hybrid.

My last piece of consideration is regarding at home charging options.

for those of you I the US, what is your at home charging method? Do you use a standard 120V plug or did you have a 240v plug installed in your garage? Is this important, or is the 7.2 kW internal charger more important or a must-have?

thanks!
For hybrid, i think you can get away with using 120V charging overnight as the combustion engine is still your main source of power. But you may not fully charge the hybrid battery using 120V. Power (W) = Voltage (V) x Current (A) This equation will give you an idea of what wattage you will get based on the supply voltage. For a 120v 15A circuit, your max wattage output is 1.8kW, it will take practically half a day to fully charge the hybrid battery.

If you own a full electric vehicle, I highly recommend getting a 240V dedicated circuit installed, NEMA 14-50 is very versatile with many aftermarket chargers, e.g. Juicebox, chargepoint, etc.

I also have a eTron and I have a juicebox installed as well so I don’t have to keep taking out the mobile charger from the frunk every time I need to charge the car.
The following 2 users liked this post by E39Nutz:
MKC91 (12-07-2020), The W (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:21 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by Franz993
Thanks, good advice on brake fluids. Here wagons are very rare so low demand and low supply sort of cancel each other out. I missed out on a 4S ST recently and I'm more sensitive to the ST market now since I've been following it for the past several months.
Good luck, wish there was a e-hybrid or 4S ST waiting for me when I was shopping.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:37 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks. Those bolts are torqued down! I ended up just lifting the cover up enough to get to the oil filter. It was tight but totally do-able. I think the turbo is two piece. I don't know why they didn't do that for this model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redantporsche View Post

Unbolt the driver side and loosen the passenger side, it swings open and you can take the cover off. You will need two box end wrenches as the space there is tight. I recall those are 24mm nuts.

Last edited by redantporsche; 12-06-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread