Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 02:27 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by rsyed
can't find it on my 2018 ST either...
Didn't someone say elsewhere that in the ST the washer deploys automatically every time?
Old 04-16-2019, 01:28 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Mac
Hi,
Likewise with the milage, I've never seen the battery above 14 miles and then after a few 100 yards it drops to 12 quite quickly. I can push around 16 mike's in total out of the battery charge when showing 12 miles. 6 or so on A roads and the remainder on the motorway.
Likewise, it's the frst Porsche I've owned...
Love it....
I may have missed it in an earlier post (sorry, if so), but what year is your S E-Hybrid?
Old 04-16-2019, 02:35 AM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cometguy
I may have missed it in an earlier post (sorry, if so), but what year is your S E-Hybrid?
It's a 15 plate....
Old 04-16-2019, 04:45 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Mac
It's a 15 plate....
Then it is the older model with the smaller battery and different motor. I think that had a theoretical max range of 30km (18 miles). To get that you need to charge the battery in ambient of around 20ºC and then run with the air con and/or heating turned off. I have only once seen my later e-Hybrid indicate a range of 30 miles but never the theoretical max of 31 miles (50km). Even in middling temperatures it rarely exceeds 25 or 26 miles indicated range. Turn off the air con and this immediately jumps by around 2 to 3 miles.

The village where I live in France is on the top of a small mountain at around 2500 feet altitude. The nearest large town for shopping, is at the bottom of the valley at around 500 feet altitude. I can do the 12km there nearly all downhill, only using about 3km of indicated range. On the way back up it is a different story and the indicated range drops like a stone in E mode. It is a fun road with lots of hairpin bends so my Panamera usually goes down in E mode but goes back up in S mode.

Wilson
Old 04-16-2019, 05:29 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My cars just gone in for the instrument cluster update for the brake warning.

All distances on the miles covered, including e-trip continuous will be reset to zero.
If you like to know this distance over the life of your ownership you will need to take a photo of it beforehand.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:48 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

My 2018 did indicate 34 miles once (I posted a photo on this forum quite a while back). That said, since I use the freeway and travel at 75+ mph every time I'm in the car, I have never achieved much more than about 24 miles on electric only.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Andy Mac
Track Day

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Then it is the older model with the smaller battery and different motor. I think that had a theoretical max range of 30km (18 miles). To get that you need to charge the battery in ambient of around 20ºC and then run with the air con and/or heating turned off. I have only once seen my later e-Hybrid indicate a range of 30 miles but never the theoretical max of 31 miles (50km). Even in middling temperatures it rarely exceeds 25 or 26 miles indicated range. Turn off the air con and this immediately jumps by around 2 to 3 miles.

The village where I live in France is on the top of a small mountain at around 2500 feet altitude. The nearest large town for shopping, is at the bottom of the valley at around 500 feet altitude. I can do the 12km there nearly all downhill, only using about 3km of indicated range. On the way back up it is a different story and the indicated range drops like a stone in E mode. It is a fun road with lots of hairpin bends so my Panamera usually goes down in E mode but goes back up in S mode.

Wilson
Hi thanks foe the reply, Wilson. I had the car booked into the local OPC, let them have a look at the batteries and charging system. Was a 4 hour job at over a £100 an hour. Decided to leave it till I've drove the car through a few seasons here in Scotland. Temp not much above 10/12' just now...
Sounds like fun hareing up that hill in sports mode....
Old 04-18-2019, 04:01 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Didn't someone say elsewhere that in the ST the washer deploys automatically every time?
The washer for the camera is activated every time you wash the rear windshiled. I've only tried it once while viewing with the surround camera and also have additoinal proof with the streak of washer fluid that also cleans part of my license plate. [lol]
Old 04-18-2019, 05:23 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by MKC91
The washer for the camera is activated every time you wash the rear windshiled. I've only tried it once while viewing with the surround camera and also have additoinal proof with the streak of washer fluid that also cleans part of my license plate. [lol]
LOL indeed!
Old 04-18-2019, 05:47 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Dropped my car off this morning for it's first annual maintenance (basically an oil change). There are four recall updates that are going to be performed which include a safety sticker, the power steering fix, the instrument cluster fix, and the charging port and fuel doors. I told them there is nothing wrong with my charging port or fuel door so hopefully they won't mess with them and create a problem. Also as someone already mentioned the instrument cluster "fix" will result in losing all saved information regarding fuel mileage and some other stuff so I took a couple of photos to commemorate my achievements thus far. As you will see electric full charge mileage is moving back up with the warmer weather and my overall to date mileage is over 38 mpg. Was very close to 40 mpg until a recent longer freeway trip to Southern California.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 PM
ak23
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips picking up new Panamera 4E 600 mi from home

I pick up my new '18 4E this saturday from a dealer 600 mi from home (to get the right package). Any tips for a first time Porsche buyer. I dont know what i dont know. thanks.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:26 PM
bosch
Advanced

Last weekend, I had a check engine light go on, then a "high oil level" warning come on... so I took in my car to have them look at it... they noted that the check engine light was on because of low battery voltage...??? The oil was over filled by 1.5 litres (which they ended up sucking out)... I never put in oil nor did an oil change since new... so strange to have the warning come on now after almost a year driving... they also did the cluster software update...
Old 04-24-2019, 08:08 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

AK23, I will tell you what I was told last year when I drove down to LA to pick up my E-Hybrid. The local service manager told me to drive it back home (almost all interstate) on electric only until the ICE kicked on and then set it to Sport Plus to maximize charging and let the batteries fully recharge and then go back to full electric and repeat as many times as possible on the 400 mile drive home. He told me this would "condition" my batteries and also if there was any problem with the system (my car sat at the port for almost six months) it would show up using this process. No problems occurred and my car has been essentially flawless for 12 months.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:46 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of my experiences with charging... on a 2017 4E

Charging at home with my normal 230V 16A (3.6kW) socket I never got more than 38km (23.75mi) range, with aircon switched off. On a public charger with 11kW, it will reach 42km (26.25mi). This is at temperatures between 10-20 degrees C.
And this is with a typical city driving with traffic lights in totally flat country; in case range is indicated depending on previous driving habits.
So even though my car has 'only' a 3.6kW charger unit, the charging capacity of the external charger (3.6 or 11kW) makes a small difference.
Charging with the ICE is much faster, indicating that this internal charger, mine limited at at 3.6kW, is bypassed.
Driving with aircon on reduces the range by about 10 to 15%. Driving in cold winter days without aircon is not always possible because windshield will show condensation fast. I have not found a way to turn on only fan, or just open air vents, with fresh outside air blowing without electric needs. I find this strange since it's possible in all other cars I have ever driven.
Lastly, even though electric range indicates its depleted, I can drive another km or 2 before ICE turns on.

When switching to sports mode it quickly charges to about 8 or 9 km range and then maintains it at that level more or less, in city driving. In sports plus mode it charges even more until full, similar to e-charge mode.

Do you guys share a similar experience?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ak23
I pick up my new '18 4E this saturday from a dealer 600 mi from home (to get the right package). Any tips for a first time Porsche buyer. I dont know what i dont know. thanks.
The owners manual says not to get the engine over 4000 rpm until after 2000 miles. The long drive will be good for it.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread