Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 06:00 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch
I have the surround view option but not the rear wiper and have seen the "wash option" pop up once in a while, but never knew that it did... I read on the 19 Macan's, there is a water nozzle that sprays water to clean the lens... does our cars have this? anyone have any experience with this?
I'm not familiar with any "wash option" words or any water nozzle that sprays water to clean the rear-view camera, and I could not find any mention of such in the owner's manual... I should add that I do not have the surround-view camera system, so maybe that's why? But that doesn't make sense..
Old 03-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I'm not familiar with any "wash option" words or any water nozzle that sprays water to clean the rear-view camera, and I could not find any mention of such in the owner's manual... I should add that I do not have the surround-view camera system, so maybe that's why? But that doesn't make sense..
I found instructions for the camera wash in my manual on page 176. Here is a snapshot of the text. I do have surround view, so not sure that is a requirement. The wash is done from the touchscreen, not a hard button.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:00 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the sedan and without the rear wiper option so I'll have to check to see if my car does the spray thingy... hahah.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:03 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pana TJ

I found instructions for the camera wash in my manual on page 176. Here is a snapshot of the text. I do have surround view, so not sure that is a requirement. The wash is done from the touchscreen, not a hard button.
OK, thanks for that. I lazily didn't check my paper copy of the manual in my glovebox, but rather checked the online version of the manual -- which does not seem to have this in it. I guess there are big differences between online and paper manual -- something I hadn't realized before.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:58 AM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

OK, thanks for that. I lazily didn't check my paper copy of the manual in my glovebox, but rather checked the online version of the manual -- which does not seem to have this in it. I guess there are big differences between online and paper manual -- something I hadn't realized before.
I read somewhere about the headlights being automatically cleaned and now the reversing camera. Still learning new things! :-) Also, I found this via google:

https://www21.porsche.com/filestore/...-Catalogue.pdf

"ParkAssist including reversing camera and Surround View. ParkAssist is fitted in all Panamera Sport Turismo models and audibly alerts the driver to the presence of obstacles detected to the front and rear of the vehicle. The audible alert is supplemented by a visual warning on the central display screen. The optional reversing camera facilitates precise reverse parking and manoeuvring and also assists in hitching a trailer. Help is provided in the form of the camera image and the dynamic, superimposed guidelines on the PCM screen, which illustrate the predicted course of the vehicle given the current position of the steering wheel. To keep the lens clean, the reversing camera is equipped with its own washer nozzle."

Guess I'll be inspecting the rear camera during lunch today.

-- Mike
Old 03-29-2019, 07:02 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a look at the rear camera and did find a nozzle beside it... I turned on the rear camera and the option to wash the lens came up, pressed it and can hear a pump sound, but no fluid came out.... tried it a couple of times, and still no fluid... then the wash the lens button greyed out... assuming to only allow a certain number of presses within a certain time... drove off and about 5 mins later, tried again and the option was available, and this time, fluid did "clean" the lens.... I guess I never used it before and needed to prime the pump.... pretty cool...

As for the headlights, I think you need to have picked at least the LED-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) option to have the front sprayers...which I didn't... I've used the windshield washers but nothing washed the headlights when activated....
Old 04-04-2019, 06:52 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Warning to those driving in France in the near future:

Previously if you kept below 140kph on autoroutes, you were safe from cameras (a 7% error was allowed) and in any case, unless a foreign registered car was stopped immediately or at the next toll booth, nothing happened if you were flashed by a camera. In other words they did not pursue non-French drivers. Now the cameras are set to record an offence at 132kph and above. Also they are now pursuing overseas drivers. I have just received a notice for 139kph on the A7 near Salon de Provence last October in my Panamera. The fine was €45 if you paid within 45 days of the issuance of the notice, which was only a couple of days ago, so I am within the 45 day period. Beyond this period, the fine goes up to €68 and beyond 76 days to €180. They have always been hot on any speeding on the A7 and A39 autoroutes but I suspect this may spread to all autoroutes soon. Macron is very anti-automobile. I have been told that the next step may be to ask non-French governments to apply points to the licence of the non-French offender, for any motoring offence committed in France. Obviously you can ignore these fine demands but if you go back to France again and have not paid, the authorities may confiscate your vehicle.

Wilson
Old 04-04-2019, 07:01 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone heard any noises from their turbo ?

Over last few months I have started to hear (what I think) is the turbo.
Its not like a spooling up noise, in fact if anything it sounds like a slowing down noise.
Doesn't do it all the time.

My cars going in for the brake wear /cluster reprogram recall on 15th, so will point it out to them.

just wondering if anyone else hears anything.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:32 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw

Previously if you kept below 140kph on autoroutes, you were safe from cameras (a 7% error was allowed) and in any case, unless a foreign registered car was stopped immediately or at the next toll booth, nothing happened if you were flashed by a camera. In other words they did not pursue non-French drivers. Now the cameras are set to record an offence at 132kph and above. Also they are now pursuing overseas drivers. I have just received a notice for 139kph on the A7 near Salon de Provence last October in my Panamera. The fine was €45 if you paid within 45 days of the issuance of the notice, which was only a couple of days ago, so I am within the 45 day period. Beyond this period, the fine goes up to €68 and beyond 76 days to €180. They have always been hot on any speeding on the A7 and A39 autoroutes but I suspect this may spread to all autoroutes soon. Macron is very anti-automobile. I have been told that the next step may be to ask non-French governments to apply points to the licence of the non-French offender, for any motoring offence committed in France. Obviously you can ignore these fine demands but if you go back to France again and have not paid, the authorities may confiscate your vehicle.

Wilson
Good to know for when I visit Europe also, whence we often use rental cars; tickets will be sent to rental-car companies, who jack up the price via huge fees and then charge your credit card.

I wonder, Wilson, what will happen when (assuming) Brexit finally happens, in terms of going via the tunnel between England and France... Since you do this often, I presume you have some concerns about it...
Old 04-04-2019, 11:39 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw

Wilson
Interesting. It's funny as we travel to Europe every summer for a few weeks and drive around quite a bit. I'm always warned by everyone that the camera flashes will result in charges on my credit card via the car rental company. But not once, ever, has that ever happened, and I watch my credit card bills like a hawk. And let's just say I've been flashed. A lot. Maybe I'll experiment again this summer in France
Old 04-04-2019, 11:40 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Good to know for when I visit Europe also, whence we often use rental cars; tickets will be sent to rental-car companies, who jack up the price via huge fees and then charge your credit card.

I wonder, Wilson, what will happen when (assuming) Brexit finally happens, in terms of going via the tunnel between England and France... Since you do this often, I presume you have some concerns about it...
you still go through the tunnel

just that before you get on the train to go through the tunnel, you need to provide paperwork and I assume you will have to wait as there will be additional custom checks... and when you leave the train after arriving at your destination, you wait again to get cleared through customs...
Old 04-04-2019, 05:34 PM
SharkB8
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Joining the club. Hello everyone!! Wifey's new whip...

Old 04-05-2019, 08:05 AM
pietpara
Advanced

Originally Posted by SharkB8
Joining the club. Hello everyone!! Wifey's new whip...

Welcome! And what a great car.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:20 AM
pietpara
Advanced

Default Track Experience Precision Training

Hi,

I went to the porsche track precision training at Zandvoort circuit yesterday and want to share that it was awesome.

It was a first time for me on a track. The precision training was great in learning to drive all types of corners, sector by sector. It also achieved to teach me what this amazing car is capable of.
This car is almost impossible to get of the track, even with PSM off. You really have to be brutal to make it budge.
In slalom it is just as quick as a 911 4S and beats the RWD 911s. Only the 718 GTS was noteworthy faster.
On the track it outruns any non 911 on the straights out of the corners and can keep up very well cornering/breaking too. And this car weighs, what, 500 to 700kg more!
It was a super exhilarating experience.

Cheers
Old 04-05-2019, 09:50 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by pietpara
Hi,

I went to the porsche track precision training at Zandvoort circuit yesterday and want to share that it was awesome.

It was a first time for me on a track. The precision training was great in learning to drive all types of corners, sector by sector. It also achieved to teach me what this amazing car is capable of.
This car is almost impossible to get of the track, even with PSM off. You really have to be brutal to make it budge.
In slalom it is just as quick as a 911 4S and beats the RWD 911s. Only the 718 GTS was noteworthy faster.
On the track it outruns any non 911 on the straights out of the corners and can keep up very well cornering/breaking too. And this car weighs, what, 500 to 700kg more!
It was a super exhilarating experience.

Cheers
That's cool - thanks for sharing thoughts from your experience. I continue to consider a track day but would rather not accelerate (ha) wear and tear on my tires, etc. Maybe I'll look for event where they supply the cars.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread