Notices

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

 
Old 02-01-2019, 11:31 AM
  #1756  
geng77
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: faifax, va
Posts: 13
Default

Hi guys, I don't own the Panamera e-hybrid yet but very interested. Can the A/C or Heat be remotely turned on via the app without the engine starting up? And how many minutes do the A/C or heat stays on if you turn it on remotely? Thanks, guys!
geng77 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:07 PM
  #1757  
tp81
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 121
Default

Originally Posted by hull22 View Post
Is the charge port cover supposed to be so difficult to close? I’ve struggling with this since I got my car last year. It always takes several attempts. Maybe I’m pushing on the wrong part to close it. I just thought it was a poor design issue. Should I be taking it to the dealer to address?
Contact your dealer, Porsche have a fix for this. Insist they change to the new mechanism rather than adjusting your current one. They keep failing, I am told the new design cures this.
tp81 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:10 PM
  #1758  
hull22
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by tp81 View Post
Contact your dealer, Porsche have a fix for this. Insist they change to the new mechanism rather than adjusting your current one. They keep failing, I am told the new design cures this.
Thanks for the tip!
hull22 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:20 PM
  #1759  
K777
User
 
K777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by geng77 View Post
Hi guys, I don't own the Panamera e-hybrid yet but very interested. Can the A/C or Heat be remotely turned on via the app without the engine starting up? And how many minutes do the A/C or heat stays on if you turn it on remotely? Thanks, guys!
Yes, think it does 30 mins.
Thanks for reminder to do mine about now ready for the exodus from the office.

K777 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 02:08 PM
  #1760  
geng77
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: faifax, va
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by K777 View Post
Yes, think it does 30 mins.
Thanks for reminder to do mine about now ready for the exodus from the office.
Thanks! Can you set the temp or is it just on/off type thing?
geng77 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:42 PM
  #1761  
J Reid
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Default

On mine the default temp is set to 72 degrees. I’m. It sure if you can change the car’s default somewhere...
J Reid is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 06:33 AM
  #1762  
Wilson Laidlaw
User
 
Wilson Laidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: near Lewes UK and Tourtour, Provence, France
Posts: 147
Default

Originally Posted by tp81 View Post
Contact your dealer, Porsche have a fix for this. Insist they change to the new mechanism rather than adjusting your current one. They keep failing, I am told the new design cures this.
My dealer says that Porsche UK are not listing any new parts for the charge port latch for my car (September 2017) but only for earlier cars. It is going in on Monday for the steering and brake software updates but I suspect they will just lubricate the latch again, which only works for a couple of days. Perhaps the US based owners need to start a class action suit against Porsche to wake them up on this problem. They seem generally to be very unresponsive to customer complaints, such as this and the digital speedometer fault (locked in MPH), which has now been outstanding for 10 months without a cure in sight. They are taking the arrogant WKB approach (We Know Best). I supposed this is a symptom of the size of the company nowadays.

Wilson
Wilson Laidlaw is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 05:31 AM
  #1763  
K777
User
 
K777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by geng77 View Post
Thanks! Can you set the temp or is it just on/off type thing?
No you cant change the temp when setting the timer or turning it on remotely.
But I think that it might run it to the temp you had set when leaving the car, the reason I suspect this is that its noticeably hotter some mornings than others.
I haven't seen any temp setting - but I have only done from my phone remotely not from in the car.


One thing my OH did at weekend was accidently press AUTO REST, and it wouldn't turn off again, even after 30mins with the car off.
Only way it would turn off ( contrary to the on-line manual) was by pressing the synchronise button on).



K777 is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 06:21 AM
  #1764  
tp81
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 121
Default

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw View Post
My dealer says that Porsche UK are not listing any new parts for the charge port latch for my car (September 2017) but only for earlier cars. It is going in on Monday for the steering and brake software updates but I suspect they will just lubricate the latch again, which only works for a couple of days. Perhaps the US based owners need to start a class action suit against Porsche to wake them up on this problem. They seem generally to be very unresponsive to customer complaints, such as this and the digital speedometer fault (locked in MPH), which has now been outstanding for 10 months without a cure in sight. They are taking the arrogant WKB approach (We Know Best). I supposed this is a symptom of the size of the company nowadays.

Wilson
That different to what they are telling me. My car was new April 2018, dropped the car off this morning and they are saying there is a new latch being fitted that has a slightly different internal setup. They might be talking BS, will let you know when I get it back.
tp81 is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:58 AM
  #1765  
K777
User
 
K777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by tp81 View Post
That different to what they are telling me. My car was new April 2018, dropped the car off this morning and they are saying there is a new latch being fitted that has a slightly different internal setup. They might be talking BS, will let you know when I get it back.
My biz partner had both his fuel flaps changed yesterday, I asked him to make sure he asked what they had done " both flaps have been changed because the paint is to thick and putting strain on the hinges"

I kid you not.

I'll get mine booked in soon and see what they tell me

K777 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 06:00 AM
  #1766  
Wilson Laidlaw
User
 
Wilson Laidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: near Lewes UK and Tourtour, Provence, France
Posts: 147
Default

My flap apparently met the requirements specified in a Porsche test (which obviously does not include opening without getting a gorilla to thump it and closing at all in frosty weather), so was not changed. The brakes seem worse than they were before their software update, with the initial electric braking even more feeble and laggy than it used to be and the transition between electric and hydraulic braking, no smoother than it was before. All in all a pretty pointless exercise.

Wilson
Wilson Laidlaw is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 06:18 AM
  #1767  
pietpara
User
 
pietpara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw View Post
My flap apparently met the requirements specified in a Porsche test (which obviously does not include opening without getting a gorilla to thump it and closing at all in frosty weather), so was not changed. The brakes seem worse than they were before their software update, with the initial electric braking even more feeble and laggy than it used to be and the transition between electric and hydraulic braking, no smoother than it was before. All in all a pretty pointless exercise.

Wilson
After the flap test and some adjustments according to Porsche work instructions, I did not feel it had improved except for slightly better visual alignment. So I complained and now I have another appointment where they will exchange the flap to see if it helps and if not they propose to exchange the whole black part.
Let's see what that brings and if they'll charge me for it.


pietpara is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 07:32 AM
  #1768  
K777
User
 
K777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by pietpara View Post
After the flap test and some adjustments according to Porsche work instructions, I did not feel it had improved except for slightly better visual alignment. So I complained and now I have another appointment where they will exchange the flap to see if it helps and if not they propose to exchange the whole black part.
Let's see what that brings and if they'll charge me for it.
Biz partners flap shuts really nice now.

but...

gone back in today, its not charging now, his charger is ok as it works on mine.

K777 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 AM
  #1769  
Wilson Laidlaw
User
 
Wilson Laidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: near Lewes UK and Tourtour, Provence, France
Posts: 147
Default

I am beginning to wish I had bought another 911 instead of the Panamera.

Wilson
Wilson Laidlaw is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:57 AM
  #1770  
Wilson Laidlaw
User
 
Wilson Laidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: near Lewes UK and Tourtour, Provence, France
Posts: 147
Default

Does anyone else who has had the power management and braking software updates, feel that it has actually made things worse rather than better. In the 18 months or so that I have had the vehicle, one of the things that impressed me most, once I had got used to it, was the hybrid management. It was noticeably superior to other hybrid cars I have driven, such as Lexus and Range Rover. To my way of thinking, it did not need improvement on the basis, "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"! The hybrid operation after the software update seems more erratic with the ICE firing up almost at will and at points where there seemed no need for it to fire up, such as travelling at very modest speeds ~40MPH/60KPH, on the level with a very small throttle opening and plenty of battery left. It never did this before the update. I also don't like the braking update. The initial electric regenerative braking seems weaker with a definite lag between pedal application and regeneration starting. It is not as bad as using the PCCB brakes on my previous 997TT on a wet motorway, where the delay until the water had been cleared off the discs and they had warmed up, was heart stopping but the lag is noticeable. Maybe the transition between regenerative and hydraulic braking might be a tiny bit smoother and more predictable but I had become used to that anyway and it seemed more of an issue for right foot brakers than left foot brakers, like me. My dealer tells me that the software is now heuristic and will learn your driving pattern. Well after a week my school report would be: "Seems to be a very slow learner"

Wilson
Wilson Laidlaw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: