Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:04 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
So yours also not working without Google maps being used? Porsche Reading said to try this and see if it makes a difference so they can try and isolate the cause. As per GPS thread, I had mine replaced but it is much WORSE than it was before - not occasionally losing but now completely. Will be back in for the third time soon.

Very very tiresome - please keep us in the loop so we can share the solution, more information on here than most of the dealers seem to be aware of.
will try it,
had to navigate from N7 to Heathrow last Thursday at 4pm, no mean feet with GPS, let alone with passengers iPhone map. didn't think to try google maps on the car. but did notice petrol station options were and still are in France.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:10 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it doesn't work with normal maps then shows a more fundamental issue with the system. I assured them I would try with regular maps and report if still not working. Quite like them just to replace the PCM but I am guessing that is last on the 20 point list.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 AM
ahha128821
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few pics of my volcano grey ST ehybrid. Added black pipes and tinted rear lights. Also debadged for a cleaner look. Phenomenal car! Absolute beast around the Connecticut back lanes! Getting 27 miles after a full charge.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 AM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Charging times

ssiminou, you said
QUOTE Just to confirm, does the car come with a charger that can plug into a regular US 110 outlet? I plan to use the 110 near my sprinkler system and have the upgraded charger cut the time in half (to 6 hours, which is how long I think it goes down to) UNQUOTE

You should be able to charge from a regular US 110v outlet. However, such an outlet supplies a relatively low current which, according to the Panamera manual, takes ~12.5 hours from empty to full charge. (I haven't actually tried to confirm this, but it sounds about right.) The upgraded charger will NOT improve upon this. Page 89 of the online manual has a table of charge times. See http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...arge-port-door. The upgraded charger is an improvement IF you have a 240v outlet, but the limiting factor with 110v is the outlet itself and not the car's charging system.

In my case, I opted to install a 240v 30a outlet in my garage and use it with the car's standard 3.6kW charger. That can manage a complete charge in about 4 hours, which is plenty for our needs.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ahha, great looking car. Congrats and best of luck. I have a Volcano Grey 4 E-Hybrid Executive (LWB) due in July. Thanks for sharing the pics. Is the interior Black/Saddle Brown? That is what I specified and I like the looks of yours. Any regrets?
Keep us posted on how it is performing for you. PanaTJ
Old 04-30-2018, 01:23 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Red and black ok with a complimentary outside colour but not the wood...
I honestly prefer carbon fiber. My wife, however, says that the only cosmetic thing she cares about is having the burl walnut wood, so wood it is.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:24 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Any idea of how much installing 240 would cost?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:28 PM
ahha128821
6th Gear

My main regret was not spec’ing the black exhaust pipes on my original build and paying my dealer an extra $900 to have them fitted after delivery! (Still worth it though). Works well with the tinted rear lights I think. I would have opted for the gloss black Panamera/e-hybrid badges, they look good with the acid green outline (saw them on another customer car). I ended up debadging the car, makes it cleaner and keeps people guessing ( if they care). Interior is black/saddle brown as you said - no regrets with the choice but have to say the black/chalk is v nice as well (but maybe not so 3x kids friendly).
Old 04-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

After a full charge overnight, how many miles are you seeing displayed as e-charge in the morning. When I brought the car home after running the battery completely dead, the next afternoon I was showing 30 e-charge while changing on the 110 volt. Now, using the 220, I am seeing about 28 miles. I haven't depleted the battery like some people suggested here to "condition it". Just wondering what other people are seeing after a full charge.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:47 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Any idea of how much installing 240 would cost?
I ordered a charging kit online from Clipper Creek for ~$500 and had an electrician install it (hard-wired, not plugged in). The installation was not complicated, as our electric service panel is in the room behind the garage. It took a couple of hours and the installation charge was also about $500, so the total cost was something over $1000 altogether. YMMV. I'm happy with this arrangement.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:35 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Do you think red seat belts along with the deviated red seat inserts would look nice? Since I removed the upgraded charger (i'll have 240 installed at my home), I got an extra $900 to spend, either through red seat belts, red clock, red dash, crest on armrest, or model name on arm rest.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

It's a treat seeing photos of your new cars posted here! I just heard that mine may arrive in May, as much as a couple weeks ahead of the projected June 1 arrival date. That's a change from most of the American posters here! Meanwhile, another question for those of you who have yours already:

In the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, does the "Auto Start/Stop" function have a disabling ability and a disabling switch like on the ICE-only Panameras?
It doesn't matter in all-electric mode, of course, but I'm wondering about when you are in stop-and-go traffic with the ICE engaged, if you can disable it so that it's not turning off the ICE engine and starting again every time you come to a stop.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2018, 12:57 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

So when I picked up my car I asked "where is the air compressor and the tire flat repair liquid" and I was told the E-Hybrid doesn't come with either of those items. Is this in fact the case??? I was under the impression that all Porsches come with the air compressor and the repair liquid??
Old 05-01-2018, 01:18 AM
gaylon
AutoX

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
So when I picked up my car I asked "where is the air compressor and the tire flat repair liquid" and I was told the E-Hybrid doesn't come with either of those items. Is this in fact the case??? I was under the impression that all Porsches come with the air compressor and the repair liquid??
standing at the rear, facing the trunk, on the right side there is a panel that has the compressor and the fluid inside.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:40 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I've heard nothing but bad things about that repair liquid. So I'm buying a full-size wheel/tire to use as a spare for out-of-town trips for when my car arrives in the next month.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread