Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023 | 10:47 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

My commission locked yesterday, with production scheduled to begin on 15-Apr.

Old 04-02-2023 | 10:50 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by htown_shark
It seems like your dates align exactly with mine and I won’t be surprised that our cars are on same vessel 😊. Cheers

I'm amazed...and a little jealous at how fast your process went! It would be amazing if our cars on on the same ship! Which model did you order?

Old 04-02-2023 | 01:21 PM
Panuny
Instructor

I ordered the Bermester stereo and PDCC. If they skip either of those on my order, the dealer will have a 4S to sell. It appears you don't find out until the car hits the dealership stateside. Not a great system. It's not like you can retrofit either of these two or a Bose system ( I suspect). Fingers crossed.
Old 04-02-2023 | 01:28 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Hey, Toby,
That’s great, almost a month earlier than they first scheduled!
I see you changed the build and went for the gold wheels. Can’t wait to see pics in person.

The following users liked this post:
Toby Pennycuff (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023 | 02:10 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Panuny
I ordered the Bermester stereo and PDCC. If they skip either of those on my order, the dealer will have a 4S to sell. It appears you don't find out until the car hits the dealership stateside. Not a great system. It's not like you can retrofit either of these two or a Bose system ( I suspect). Fingers crossed.
I too ordered both burmester and pdcc. After I got the vin number I checked it on Vin Analytics...and everything I ordered was listed as part of the build. Not sure if that's 100% foolproof...but hopefully it is. So you might check your vin on their site...for peace of mind.
Old 04-02-2023 | 06:14 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

After a zig-zagging journey of mishaps and indecisiveness on my car buying journey that started in October... I placed an order for a Panamera GTS at Porsche Gold Coast (Long Island, NY) yesterday.

I originally ordered a MB AMG GLE 63S Coupe, but my sales guy was tracking someone else's order by accident and mine never got allocated... I was expecting delivery in March but found out in February that the guy messed up; he sent me a picture of my order and I noticed the color was wrong, then he realized it was someone else's order entirely.
Next I decided to look at the BMW X6M. Felt kinda iffy about the 2024 refresh but I was too late to get a 2023, put down a 1k deposit and was apparently 2nd in line to get an allocation at that dealership. With nothing to do, I filled my time with research and decided to go check out a Cayenne Coupe GTS.
Gold Coast had one on the lot, very nice, but I've always found the Cayenne to be boring on the outside and this visit didn't change my opinion much. Too many base model Cayennes rolling around in NYC, never maintained, never cleaned. Clearly owned by people who just wanted a Porsche badge.

Saw an Aventurine Green 911 Turbo on the pre-owned lot and remembered how much I loved the color... and that its also a production option on the Panamera now.

So here I am, about $40k more than I had originally budgeted, and waiting for a new Panamera GTS lol.
I was wary about the red interior + green exterior, but Aventurine Green really isn't green enough for the combo to look weird. It doesn't scream Christmas to me, so I went with it. Seeing pictures of other Porsches in this combo on these forum alleviated my concerns too.
Other options I got:
- Premium package
- Assistance package (mainly for HUD and Surround)
- PDCC + PVT
- RWS
- Burmester
- Insulated glass (I'll just pop up the sun roof or crack a window to enjoy the exhaust)
- Bunch of random tidbits: Matching tach color, matching clock, carbon trim, carbon + racetex wheel, Porsche embossed on headrests, illuminated carbon door sills.

Dealership wanted 10% down immediately. I found that a bit odd, sales guy said its because they're going to release the order asap and it'll get allocated very soon. Gave me an estimated delivery of August, which seems fast after reading the last 10-20 pages of this thread, but it seems like others are also noticing that their orders are getting pushed up?

Dealership is also pushing 2nd year of pre-paid maintenance on me plus random Porsche accessories (battery tender: no thanks, already have one, all weather floormats: nah, probably getting something with more coverage, etc). I'll negotiate those things at delivery I guess.
Old 04-02-2023 | 06:25 PM
KCCayenne
AutoX

Congrats on the build. I’m also in the process of building a new Aventurine Green sport turismo but no real allocation yet, just indication of demand order. While things can change until the allocation is locked the deal is MSRP plus the purchase of 2nd year maintenance. I figured I’d have to pay something for that anyway so it was better than paying $10k over MSRP which some dealers were looking for. I imagine pricing should soften a bit but not sure we’re seeing that yet. I don’t “need” the car until Nov but I’ll have to balance when the allocation gets locked and what other CPO options are available in between then.
Old 04-02-2023 | 07:18 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Even if the car locks Porsche can still change the build if they don’t have parts. My Panamera locked with the Bose stereo included and then about a month later after reading about the Bose being canceled on builds I called my SA and asked him if it was removed from my Panamera and he checked and sure enough canceled and I asked them to upgrade to the Burmeister and the factory said it was too late because the build was locked….

very annoying.

took delivery last Friday and the base stereo is really good and accurate on classical but lousy on rock as it has essentially no bass sound even at full bass.

somewhere a sound shop needs to create a kit to upgrade this base Systen with more bass and punch.

if you order a $165,000 Panamera I would not order the car without the Burmeister system if the Bose is not available. Dealers should not order cars with the base stereo. Truly sbusive for Porsxhe to even sell a high end luxury sedan without the Bose stereo as the base system and the Burmeister as an upgrade.

I bought a C8 last week - brand new - and every c8 comes with the Bose stereo by default! And corvette has no issues with getting parts for the Bose system either.

something fishy going on with this lack of Bode stereo option on all these high end expensive Porsche models.

Old 04-02-2023 | 08:00 PM
911C2R
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Nice color combo! I went with gentian blue, GTS ST, with satin wheels, but debated hard on your wheel color choice. You will have a very unique vehicle when it arrives - congrats!
Toby Pennycuff (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023 | 09:39 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

@911C2 I had the "gold" (Aurum) centers on my Cup and loved them. They give the car a very different look. I originally spec'ed them and then changed to the standard wheel color. I'm glad I changed it back. Looking forward to seeing the car when it arrives at the dealer in Late May/early June.
911C2R (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023 | 12:37 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by KCCayenne
Congrats on the build. I’m also in the process of building a new Aventurine Green sport turismo but no real allocation yet, just indication of demand order. While things can change until the allocation is locked the deal is MSRP plus the purchase of 2nd year maintenance. I figured I’d have to pay something for that anyway so it was better than paying $10k over MSRP which some dealers were looking for. I imagine pricing should soften a bit but not sure we’re seeing that yet. I don’t “need” the car until Nov but I’ll have to balance when the allocation gets locked and what other CPO options are available in between then.
Thanks and congrats to you too. We're basically in the same spot until I get the email from Porsche telling me I can track my order.
If the 2nd year maintenance is essentially the dealership's idea of an alternative to a markup, I wish they would just say that. I'm fine with it, I'd rather get something for my money than lose it to a markup.
The used car market has gotten much better, but the new car market is much less of a "free market" and dealerships will probably keep trying to charge whatever people will pay for as long as they can. TBH I was expecting a markup from Porsche. So far BMW and Porsche in my area seem to have dropped the markup, MB still going strong with it (they wanted $10k markup for a 2024 GLE 63).

Aside from the prepaid maintenance, I'm actually considering getting an extended warranty since I plan on keeping this car for as long as I can. My current and only car ever is a Subaru BRZ that I purchased new back in 2015, it currently has just under 32k miles on it. Probably gonna keep that too and use it as a project/track car in the future.
Old 04-03-2023 | 04:27 AM
tolkino
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Targa32
They claim no Bose parts so they skipped the installation even though the car had locked with it included. They did reimburse me $1700 I think it was - and the base stereo is great for classical or talk but not much base for rock music.

they did install the rear screen and a/c controls - which is a must. / even shows the map screen -

beautiful car/ it would be better with the Bose system.

Looks like the Bose system is available again on some 911 models so maybe they have these in stock again.

also they mixed the electric steering column and instead it has a manual lock - allows adjusting manually. I read they are reimbursing some customers a $1,000 for the missing electric column - have not seen anything yet.
Congrats on your car finally. It looks great.
Have you tried increasing the bass level in settings?
I set it on maximum and I quite enjoy the bass amount on the base stereo.
Old 04-03-2023 | 07:21 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Originally Posted by gofit
I too ordered both burmester and pdcc. After I got the vin number I checked it on Vin Analytics...and everything I ordered was listed as part of the build. Not sure if that's 100% foolproof...but hopefully it is. So you might check your vin on their site...for peace of mind.
Great tip. Thanks. I tried putting the vin in the Porsche add your car, but it wouldn't accept it.

Did you have to pay to get the report? Site is saying I need to pay $12.99 to get the info.

Last edited by Panuny; 04-03-2023 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2023 | 10:18 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Panuny
Great tip. Thanks. I tried putting the vin in the Porsche add your car, but it wouldn't accept it.

Did you have to pay to get the report? Site is saying I need to pay $12.99 to get the info.
No problem...and yes...I paid the 13 bucks to get the report. Curiosity got the best of me!
Old 04-04-2023 | 10:19 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by gofit
No problem...and yes...I paid the 13 bucks to get the report. Curiosity got the best of me!
Does the paid report get you more info than the free decoder on these forums? https://rennlist.com/forums/vindecoder.php

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)