Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Geza
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpacione
Picked mine up a few weeks ago. Love it so far. Only thing is a dash rattle somewhere I can't find. I can just see the service guys joy riding my car trying to find that...

Btw, I pulled 1.5g's on an on-ramp in this car the other day. Hit a bump mid-way through and thought it was going to get loose on me, but it was very well behaved. Pretty impressive grip from those cup2's, and that is the most well behaved mustang I've driven by far.

Regarding the rattle, seems a lot of folks narrowed it down to the reverse pull-up on the gear shift lever. There are several do it yourself fixes people have developed, which you can find on the mustang6g.com site. Good luck with it!
Old 08-11-2017, 04:56 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome stable and impeccable taste! GT3 RS, GT350R sans stripes and ND Miata. Exactly what I would have as well funds permitting.

Would love to hear your feedback on the ND Miata.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Geza
Regarding the rattle, seems a lot of folks narrowed it down to the reverse pull-up on the gear shift lever. There are several do it yourself fixes people have developed, which you can find on the mustang6g.com site. Good luck with it!
Thanks, I'll check for this. I hope it's the cause, although it really seems to be the right side front.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Jpacione
Pro

Originally Posted by greens
Awesome stable and impeccable taste! GT3 RS, GT350R sans stripes and ND Miata. Exactly what I would have as well funds permitting.

Would love to hear your feedback on the ND Miata.
Thank you. The Miata is a lot of fun - it's limits are a great match for the street. Seems like you are going much faster than you are, and it's a blast on curvy roads. The shifter is one of the best out there. It's not a fast car by sports car standards, but it is fairly light, so still feels quick. Definitely has great balance, and steering is very accurate and quick. It leans too much for me, but doesn't take much away from the fun factor. Overall, a great roadster. If you are taller than 6', you may not fit very well. That's my take; hope it's useful to you.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:46 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 280 Posts

I could have saved you the trouble of that crowded garage - should have just traded me the RS for my R
Old 08-12-2017, 07:48 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 280 Posts

It's very common for dealers to just remove the front, FYI. The non-R only has the fronts but the R also has a white spacer on top of the bumpstop on each rear shock. I'm 3 for 3, spotting and alerting owners at local car events about the spacers. All 3 Rs had them still installed.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Originally Posted by jeff33702
I could have saved you the trouble of that crowded garage - should have just traded me the RS for my R
I'm using both at the moment

The R is a daily for me in the summer - tons of fun.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Jpacione
Pro

It's very common for dealers to just remove the front, FYI. The non-R only has the fronts but the R also has a white spacer on top of the bumpstop on each rear shock. I'm 3 for 3, spotting and alerting owners at local car events about the spacers. All 3 Rs had them still installed.
You are making me paranoid...My dealer gave me the spacers from mine. There were two yellow, two white. I'm assuming that's all of them. It rides very nice.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:07 AM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 254 Posts

Picked one up! Looks huge next to a 1911
Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Jpacione
Pro

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Picked one up! Looks huge next to a 1911
Yes it does! Nice colors - looks mean. First impressions?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Geza
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks? It IS huge, but gets around nicely...best of luck!
Old 08-14-2017, 03:17 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 254 Posts

Yes it does! Nice colors - looks mean. First impressions?
At work day 1 - So far...Engine is awesome. Pulls like a race motor. The sound is truly epic. The magnetic shocks soak up big/hard bumps phenomenally, quite smooth. Love the gearbox, very precise, really get that bolt action feel when it pops in gear and with some stiffness as I hate when they're too light. Clutch pedal is very light, easy to daily but need to get used to it, would prefer some more feel. Steering is lighter than I like, but need to push it to see how it feels loaded, also just played with the modes, felt better with sport setting...didn't realize it was in comfort. Car tramlines a bit due to the giant 305 front tires I'm assuming. Car size is my only complaint. It does feel big. I don't like that. I'm sure within a few days I'll get used to it but right now that's my only issue with the car. I mean the m2 felt big after getting out of the 964 but this feels much much bigger. Love the seats, the interior is good enough for me. Did I mention the engine and exhaust?

edit: steering was in comfort forgot to try different modes. Preferred the sport setting. Heavier and more reactive

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 08-14-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Took a ride over to Sebring this weekend and saw at least 3 or so GT350 at the track. Very good looking car, seems fast, sounds great.

When I looked at them in the pits I couldn't believe how big these cars are...like tall and huge. Massive front grill area. 1 was sitting next to a 997GT3...made the GT3 look very small.

To me though as a track car and you want something cool with muscle the GT350 is a cool choice.

I'd rather track the GT350 then even my Carrera GTS....mostly due to it's built for it and parts for brakes and such have to be less expensive.

My only issue, and it's personal is due to my prosthetic leg leg I can't push a clutch so cool muscle cars like this are out of the question for me. I stick with PDK.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:05 PM
modenaboy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spotting and removing spacers

Hi. Just picked up a used GT350R, and while it handles great on smooth roads, on bumpier roads it is incredibly stiff and you really feel it coming out of corners with bumps (whereas my Z06 and other cars seem to get more drive out of the corner). I'm wondering if I still have the rear bump stops on. There's about 2-3 fingers space between tires and the body.

How do you spot the spacers? Can you just look underneath the car in the street, or do you need to get it on a lift? I took a look with the car outside, but I couldn't see anything.

Also, if the spacers are still there, how do you remove them? Simply put the car on a lift and pull them out, or does it require any tools?

Sorry if those questions are obvious!

Thanks very much,

-- Gordie

Old 08-14-2017, 08:16 PM
chio4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put a picture up I'm sure someone can tell

Originally Posted by modenaboy
Hi. Just picked up a used GT350R, and while it handles great on smooth roads, on bumpier roads it is incredibly stiff and you really feel it coming out of corners with bumps (whereas my Z06 and other cars seem to get more drive out of the corner). I'm wondering if I still have the rear bump stops on. There's about 2-3 fingers space between tires and the body.

How do you spot the spacers? Can you just look underneath the car in the street, or do you need to get it on a lift? I took a look with the car outside, but I couldn't see anything.

Also, if the spacers are still there, how do you remove them? Simply put the car on a lift and pull them out, or does it require any tools?

Sorry if those questions are obvious!

Thanks very much,

-- Gordie

Quick Reply: GT350