Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 761 Posts

All good points, but only one way to find out.
If I fit in it, I may get lucky with a cool service advisor. I only need to go there for warranty...
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I agree even though this color seems popular it looks terrible. The C6 is a better looking car. On the outside. Inside C7 not bad. C6 is bad.
In dark colors I like the look of the front and 3/4 front. The rear looks terrible, but less terrible in dark colors. Whomever designed the rear should be fired.

Most prefer the grey (top 4 pics), I'll go for dark blue (Bottom pic) as it comes closest to the dark vents, gills and lower rear facia. In some lighting it looks like a match.
Then lower it, wider wheels, delete all the Chrome, delete all logo's paint all the reflectors. I may be able to suffer the look if it proves track durable enough.
yes, different color might help but the base form is still there ...

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Wow !
Mykimu,

As I posted a few posts before, I went to Chevy dealer near by as they have a white z06 with 300 miles for a very attractive price, I can't say good things about neither one... Car is BEAUTIFUL, interior is a lot better than what I expected with full leather in dark blue, ergonomics are terrible and the at drives like a truck.
Car has plenty of power, but you can't just feel it, engine is not responsive.
Such a weird feeling !
Please let me know what are your thoughts about as you're not a blind owner, and the more I drive other cars more I like 911s old or modern...
Only car than I can say it was great to drive was Rad's 430 Scuderia, and that thing is damn fast.... Like really fast for an NA car.

In other hand I went for a ride in a 2010 turbo S that makes 610whp with 650tq and it was eye opening.
Some of you know me and know that I had really high HP cars In the past, but that car felt and is like a 9 sec daily driver, without being a crappy GTR which I can speak with property by owning one in the near past
stock corvette setup is horrible due to garbage seats, jello tranny/engine mounts and once you get the right seat and stiffen up the mounts it is one hell of a track car that will beat every car - I mean EVERY car including GT3/RS, Ferrari 458, 430 scudaria, GTR etc. It all depends on what you want out of car. You can drive a 911 7/10 and feel like a super hero and have tons of fun on the track dicing with friends but driving 7/10 in a Z06 (proper seat and stiff mounts) means you are constantly passing other with mind blowing speed and can be a bit boring without equal foes. I find myself getting lazy driving the Z06 since I don't have to work that hard. It all depends on what you like to get out of the car.

As far as the new C7 stingray .... it was a no go for me. Really surprised at how bad it looked in person

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Those photos, aside from the color, are all pretty good "real" perspectives, so that's something. But the comments on the impression the car gives are a little disheartening. Still, I'm not expecting to be overjoyed by the appearance (inside or out) so much as it being "acceptable" and the reason for the car, for me, is the driving of it. Did they drive the thing or just have it behind those damn tensabarriers as if the "crowd" at Laguna is going to vandalize the thing (much less drool on it ...)
just parked as evidence by the bird poop.

for me look is very important. If I don't feel passionate with my eyes I generally don't care to drive

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
brakes look promising
yes, I like the floating design and I am sure it only cost $115 for replacement

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
That was my objection to the Ford GT -- each of the Bay Area Fud dealers was/is a place you don't even imagine you'd bring a 911 for service or even park it, so why would you want to leave a Ford GT there? At least with a GT3, you were one of several there at any given time and the techs are sentient lifeforms, not to mention being able to talk directly with the individual tech working on your car and have him teach you something about the car rather than talk with anyone at a Ford dealer and have them argue over whether a car was "turbo" (whatever they might mean by that) or actually a supercharger.

When the Ford GT had crested its market fervor and become price negotiable, one of the Ford dealers had one on the showroom floor with the usual $125K mark-up but quickly came down to Earth on price. The thing that killed the deal for me (aside from not fitting "under" the door, was hearing them start the car, rev it cold and look around at each other gleefully. I wasn't even in the showroom at the time, I was waiting in service for my SUV and I heard the commotion of the whining blower and the mercy cries of the valve gear ... I had assumed it was leaving, but no, they shut down as quickly as it was fired up, then closed the vehicle access doors to the showroom and they were done with their fun. Horrific. And a pity, because I was enthusiastic about the car (only later learning that Clarkson had a lot of trouble with his and after some acrimonious dealings with Ford, I think he ended up with an aftermarket upgraded example as a replacement.) I fear the Vette will be much the same problem -- there's simply no credible, trustworthy GM dealer in the Bay Area that I've encountered. They're all manned and managed by the polyester suits, odious colognes and personalities to match.
All good points, but only one way to find out.
If I fit in it, I may get lucky with a cool service advisor. I only need to go there for warranty...
Wow, what a horrible story. That's what scares me when I bring my cars to dealer.

No worry, we have Able Chevy in Northern California and Rich the service manager is a track nut and he understand how to take care of cars and have it serviced properly. The shop will scare you - old, run down and the garage have tin roof. They stayed in that area to reduce their overhead but service but top grade. People come all the way from Oregon to have their vette service there. The look of the dealer don't bother me as long as they get the work done right
Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 PM
JBsZ06
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The new c7 is pretty awesome.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The more I look at the C7 the more angry I get with GM. They are clueless if they thought that would be a popular design or if the "younger" crowd they are targeting actually find all of the angles appealing.

I don't hate the design, but it looks like old guys out of touch with younger generations tried to design a car for guys in their 20's and instead missed by a decade and made it for pre-teens.

However I don't like the base C6 either so there is still hope for the Z06 and ZR1
Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
The more I look at the C7 the more angry I get with GM. They are clueless if they thought that would be a popular design or if the "younger" crowd they are targeting actually find all of the angles appealing.

I don't hate the design, but it looks like old guys out of touch with younger generations tried to design a car for guys in their 20's and instead missed by a decade and made it for pre-teens.

However I don't like the base C6 either so there is still hope for the Z06 and ZR1
This is the old story of blind men disagreeing on what they're standing beside. One reports a "snake" and the next says a giant plant leaf, another reports the tail of a donkey and the last one reports a mighty tree trunk.

My impression of the C7 is that it's a 100% "flattering" (copy) of a Ferrari 599 and F12. In some regards, I'd say more artfully done than the F12, but nowhere near the proportions and just plain cool lines of the 599. Still, it's a Vette. I have to admit, I love looking at the cars I love and I've declined many a very capable vehicle simply because of the "Do I want to find this in the driveway?" question. Otherwise, by now I'd have a Panamera. Just think of it! Oh the humanity!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,652 Likes on 2,325 Posts

57 pgs of BS
someone buy one
Torah it
report back
done

I believe in empirical experiment.
with other pols money.

call me hen one of u buys it.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I'm on it.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ I know I can **** on u
where do I send beer
Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
57 pgs of BS
someone buy one
Torah it
report back
done

I believe in empirical experiment.
with other pols money.

call me hen one of u buys it.
Cant be bought yet.

On with the bs............
Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ I know I can **** on u
where do I send beer
Please, let **** stand for "rely."
Old 05-13-2013, 11:59 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wanna911
Cant be bought yet.

On with the bs............
if u dont push the dutchman, he wont act.
go help me push him .
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Where is your BRZ report?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:12 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

BRZ, slow.
u wont fit
doen'st sound good
nice commuter.
exceptional ability to hold value.
sold 25,000 at asking.
unlike porsches that depreciate like rocks.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

991's hold value really well:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=4&Log=0

Had light front damage. 4 miles from my office ventilated seats loaded up with crap. Nice daily for my wife, she wants automatic.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

991's hold value really well:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=4&Log=0

Had light front damage. 4 miles from my office ventilated seats loaded up with crap. Nice daily for my wife, she wants automatic.
Yup, and the 991 GT3 won't be any different. Good deals on pre-owned 991, great market indicator that the 991 is overpriced. Welcome to the BMW/MB world of 50% depreciation in 3 years.

Quick Reply: New Corvette...