New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 02:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,886 Likes on 2,408 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Just came back from a Chevy dealer, they had a 60th anniversary Z06, white, loaded, with 300 miles. Beautiful car.
Sales man couldn't speak, maybe a severe case of dementia, ... car drives like a dump truck.
At the end sales man said, I'm ready to get out of here, right at my face. I got up and left him talking to the wall.
So I was really feeling like it Today, so left Chevy went to Harley to buy a Bobber, bad luck they were closed.... just can't give my $$ to american motor industry ...

If Porsche is bad, you guys are missing completely what is out there ... good luck.
Sold my RS Today, buying another Porsche on Monday, not new, but honestly its really rough out there.
I don't know about you, but when you buy the car, you pay for everything .... not just the day you bring to the track but all of it.
The more I see **** around the more I like my little RSA and will dump $$$ into it.
Next car will be 80% street and 20% track, just enough to mop the 48Hs again
what u buy monday?
found gt2?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:06 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by Ur20v
Good run in session Peter, I like to see new engines run like that as long as you have enough cooling, really beds the rings, pistons and bores in properly: pressure from load and rev's bed the rings and then closed throttle oils and cools... should be loose and producing good power now!

Car sounds better than it looks, fun no less...
There is still room for more cooling with a bigger oil cooler, but we will try it like this first to see after how many laps we have to back off for cooling.

Don't know much about this stuff, but this was the second run.

We ran the car from cold to as hot as possible with the fan only blowing at 10MPH, we lost some power. It runs very rich with this tune we went from 315 to 308 after 10 minutes pretending of track driving..

It drives like a truck, but it should make for a fun day of horsing around on Nitto NT01's...

Double adjustable Koni's super stiff springs, everything is solid mounted.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
what u buy monday?
found gt2?
Between the 964 and another mostly street car the only way to go for Eddie is a TT or GT2...
Old 05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

went to Harley to buy a Bobber, bad luck they were closed....
Think of me when you go look at motorcycles...ok friend?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
LOL
You're doing it all wrong.
Find cheapest car in the country call local sales manager tell him to match and bring car and paperwork.
I only go to dealer to sit in it to make sure I fit and walk out.
That's definitely the way to do it. If they won't match, call up the next closest one and tell them someone is going to make a sale, is it going to be you guys? Lol
Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Come down to Sebring next weekend Dez!

My training wheels.
Bought it bone stock 10 years ago with factory warranty for $12K, I dont want to know what we have in it. A GT3 for sure and we used to have 2 of them.....
Trakcar 1.0

No track insurance required, actually we only have liability on the car :-)

My brother money shifted this one 3 years ago and we hope we finally got the engine right today, 2 engines later.
It has 78k miles and a fresh 48v cobra engine lol. The hood is needed for cooling and fit the bigger engine I think.

The seat is 5" forward for my brother to reach the pedals. I still fit, but the giant steering wheel is in the way :-)

If I'm in town next weekend it will be at Sebring and I'll take it out for a few sessions for old times sake, maybe I should get my race license in it?
Getting fresh pads, brake fluid and rotors next week, probably needs an alignment.

It revs to 7K, but we lowered the rev limiter cut off to 6800.
Today on the Dyno:
Mustang is alive again - YouTube
No can do, have to work. Cancelled my trip Watkins Glen because the forcast said rain all week, and as soon as I made other plans, the forecast cleared up completely.

You should get a racing license in that car and go racing. That's something I'd like to get my feet wet racing in.

Car sounds great.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Been to WG 2 days, the first day t storms. Aching to go back.

Mustang racing lol. "Nothing to lose"..
I'll ask PBOC about racing license if I can go :-)
Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine sounds very healthy.
a good engine is a good engine, doesn't matter what afterthought is around it.
like the old slk55
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

guys, I saw the new C7 yesterday during ALMS Laguna Seca displayed at Chevy booth. It was really really BAD!! OMG, what disappointment. None of the line flow well and there are no sporty design to it all all. It really fell like GM took the design from an elementary school trash bin (which has been said many time before on corvette forum). It is not futuristic nor is it inspiring. It literally hurt my eyes looking at it. The interior is not that much better. The protruding dash handle looked like a grayhound bus handle and totally segregated the driver from passenger compartment. The large "splitter" like triangular protrusion at the front bumper beg to be hit by a curb and it is just out of place and ugly.

I own a Z06 and I am not here to bash GM. My impression above is my honest opinion and I have no other agenda. I sure hope GM really work hard to make the C7 Z06 appealing

Last edited by mikymu; 05-13-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I agree even though this color seems popular it looks terrible. The C6 is a better looking car. On the outside. Inside C7 not bad. C6 is bad.
In dark colors I like the look of the front and 3/4 front. The rear looks terrible, but less terrible in dark colors. Whomever designed the rear should be fired.

Most prefer the grey (top 4 pics), I'll go for dark blue (Bottom pic) as it comes closest to the dark vents, gills and lower rear facia. In some lighting it looks like a match.
Then lower it, wider wheels, delete all the Chrome, delete all logo's paint all the reflectors. I may be able to suffer the look if it proves track durable enough.
Attached Images      
Old 05-12-2013, 04:35 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow !
Mykimu,

As I posted a few posts before, I went to Chevy dealer near by as they have a white z06 with 300 miles for a very attractive price, I can't say good things about neither one... Car is BEAUTIFUL, interior is a lot better than what I expected with full leather in dark blue, ergonomics are terrible and the at drives like a truck.
Car has plenty of power, but you can't just feel it, engine is not responsive.
Such a weird feeling !
Please let me know what are your thoughts about as you're not a blind owner, and the more I drive other cars more I like 911s old or modern...
Only car than I can say it was great to drive was Rad's 430 Scuderia, and that thing is damn fast.... Like really fast for an NA car.

In other hand I went for a ride in a 2010 turbo S that makes 610whp with 650tq and it was eye opening.
Some of you know me and know that I had really high HP cars In the past, but that car felt and is like a 9 sec daily driver, without being a crappy GTR which I can speak with property by owning one in the near past
Old 05-12-2013, 04:39 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Dark is not THAT bad, but the whole experience should be nasty.... Can't imagine bringing in for service. Had a similar experience with the Nissan, where the dealers are falling apart and the 3K Altima with 3 wheels parks next to you with people yelling out of their lungs with 9 days of Mc Donald's inside the car and 7 seeblings bringing the car for service.
Nothing wrong with that, right !??? No but they just treat you like **** and do the same thing to your car.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
guys, I saw the new C7 yesterday during ALMS Laguna Seca displayed at Chevy booth. It was really really BAD!! OMG, what disappointment. None of the line flow well and there are no sporty design to it all all. It really fell like GM took the design from an elementary school trash bin (which has been said many time before on corvette forum). It is not futuristic nor is it inspiring. It literally hurt my eyes looking at it. The interior is not that much better. The protruding dash handle looked like a grayhound bus handle and totally segregated the driver from passenger compartment. The large "splitter" like triangular protrusion at the front bumper beg to be hit by a curb and it is just out of place and ugly.

I own a Z06 and I am not here to bash GM. My impression above is my honest opinion and I have no other agenda. I sure hope GM really work hard to make the C7 Z06 appealing

Those photos, aside from the color, are all pretty good "real" perspectives, so that's something. But the comments on the impression the car gives are a little disheartening. Still, I'm not expecting to be overjoyed by the appearance (inside or out) so much as it being "acceptable" and the reason for the car, for me, is the driving of it. Did they drive the thing or just have it behind those damn tensabarriers as if the "crowd" at Laguna is going to vandalize the thing (much less drool on it ...)
Old 05-12-2013, 04:57 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

brakes look promising
Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dark is not THAT bad, but the whole experience should be nasty.... Can't imagine bringing in for service. Had a similar experience with the Nissan, where the dealers are falling apart and the 3K Altima with 3 wheels parks next to you with people yelling out of their lungs with 9 days of Mc Donald's inside the car and 7 seeblings bringing the car for service.
Nothing wrong with that, right !??? No but they just treat you like **** and do the same thing to your car.
That was my objection to the Ford GT -- each of the Bay Area Fud dealers was/is a place you don't even imagine you'd bring a 911 for service or even park it, so why would you want to leave a Ford GT there? At least with a GT3, you were one of several there at any given time and the techs are sentient lifeforms, not to mention being able to talk directly with the individual tech working on your car and have him teach you something about the car rather than talk with anyone at a Ford dealer and have them argue over whether a car was "turbo" (whatever they might mean by that) or actually a supercharger.

When the Ford GT had crested its market fervor and become price negotiable, one of the Ford dealers had one on the showroom floor with the usual $125K mark-up but quickly came down to Earth on price. The thing that killed the deal for me (aside from not fitting "under" the door, was hearing them start the car, rev it cold and look around at each other gleefully. I wasn't even in the showroom at the time, I was waiting in service for my SUV and I heard the commotion of the whining blower and the mercy cries of the valve gear ... I had assumed it was leaving, but no, they shut down as quickly as it was fired up, then closed the vehicle access doors to the showroom and they were done with their fun. Horrific. And a pity, because I was enthusiastic about the car (only later learning that Clarkson had a lot of trouble with his and after some acrimonious dealings with Ford, I think he ended up with an aftermarket upgraded example as a replacement.) I fear the Vette will be much the same problem -- there's simply no credible, trustworthy GM dealer in the Bay Area that I've encountered. They're all manned and managed by the polyester suits, odious colognes and personalities to match.

Quick Reply: New Corvette...