Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what was the tubular chassis death trap trying to kill you ?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by mikymu
stock vette drive like **** and need more aggressive alignment, seat and engine/tranny mounts - it will transform the car
I wish you're close by so I could drive one, I have a secret soft for those cars, and that white one with 300 miles is still sitting for sale with a asking price of 75K
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
what was the tubular chassis death trap trying to kill you ?
lol

They just finish the car the night before and did not have time to install side mirrors and the lonely center mirror was not ideal so he did not see me coming. Interesting car and suppose to be street legal with LS3 engine

I wish you're close by so I could drive one, I have a secret soft for those cars, and that white one with 300 miles is still sitting for sale with a asking price of 75K
GM are giving away remaining C6 Z06. They can be had at $20K below MSRP. These things are like a rocket and super fast with only few tweaks. It all depends on what you are looking for in a car
Old 05-22-2013, 03:09 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
GM are giving away remaining C6 Z06. They can be had at $20K below MSRP. These things are like a rocket and super fast with only few tweaks. It all depends on what you are looking for in a car
You make me want to get a Z06 and copy all your mods.

What would be essential track upgrade? suspension (what kind?), rollbar, seats, brake upgrade, wheels... anything else? Any stuff you recommend for durability of the car for track use? Watching your previous video u posted.. i dont see your shift a lot...do you just stay on 3rd and 4th? =)
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Discount pricing has been that deep for a year or so. I shopped around half-heartedly when I saw the carbon edition lapping Laguna quicker than just about any unmodified car (give or take alignment) and as a percentage, it's a pretty reasonable deal, I think. Hard to get too burned on one of these if you caged it and stripped it and put a paper bag over its head.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Discount pricing has been that deep for a year or so. I shopped around half-heartedly when I saw the carbon edition lapping Laguna quicker than just about any unmodified car (give or take alignment) and as a percentage, it's a pretty reasonable deal, I think. Hard to get too burned on one of these if you caged it and stripped it and put a paper bag over its head.
lol, can get enough of your posts ... I just need a push, want to drive a sorted one to see if the dump truck feel still there.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

lol, can get enough of your posts ... I just need a push, want to drive a sorted one to see if the dump truck feel still there.
I'm hoping that should read "can't get enough" …
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Sorry... Can't get enough... Stupid phone
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Go buy one so I can drive it already.

I'm waiting for the C7.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kormaster
You make me want to get a Z06 and copy all your mods.

What would be essential track upgrade? suspension (what kind?), rollbar, seats, brake upgrade, wheels... anything else? Any stuff you recommend for durability of the car for track use? Watching your previous video u posted.. i dont see your shift a lot...do you just stay on 3rd and 4th? =)
Yes, I almost never use 2nd gear and mostly 3rd and 4th at Thunderhill. This thing is so fast driving 6/10 and pretty much beat out every street GT3/RS be it 7.1 or 7.2 version. On rare occasion I get to drive the Z06 7/10 or 8/10 to chase down a Cup or open wheel racer. Not sure what will make these cars more durable on the track and that's true for all cars. DE is hard on cars and warranty helps if things break down

Here is what's needed to get Z06 ready for track duty
  • roll bar and harness
  • race seats
  • quick release/steering wheel
  • 18" wheels
  • brake pads - stock CCB brake pads are fine but I would recommend endless pads for both steel and CCB rotors
  • engine and tranny mounts
  • becareful with sway bar selection - Pfadt has been known to have many failure issue with their sways. I have Ohlins shocks and they are OK but very expensive. There are other cheaper options and basically at the speed and G you are pulling you need stiff springs
  • rear wing
    • low temp thermostat
    • static fan belt pulley - super cheap and easy to install
  • headers, 200 cell cats, Akrapovic mufflers (stainless is super cheap), halltech intake, diablo hand held software flash will give you massive HP and torque gain!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

lol, the Vette has more torque @ 2K RPM than a 4.0 RS at it's best RPM.
Power difference is not that great taking in consideration the engine sizes, but for sure is enough to run over a GT3 in straight line.
I can't see this car being faster than a Cup here in Florida.... 997 cup either 3.6 or 3.8 car, the way it is of course.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

A current Z06 on Hoosiers with some upgrades is as fast as a 3.8 with just pads.
The new C7 will be about just as fast, but it may need less upgrades and it starts at 53,800 with all you need to make it track worthy. In theory.

You can load them up on options like ventilated competitions seats that accept 4 point harnesses that I'm waiting for, or even alcantara, leather and CF everything with every single option it's still hard to top $75K.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:27 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.. power curve on the graph is a like a 1/2 slope.. Crazy... American beef right there...
Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
A current Z06 on Hoosiers with some upgrades is as fast as a 3.8 with just pads.
The new C7 will be about just as fast, but it may need less upgrades and it starts at 53,800 with all you need to make it track worthy. In theory.

You can load them up on options like ventilated competitions seats that accept 4 point harnesses that I'm waiting for, or even alcantara, leather and CF everything with every single option it's still hard to top $75K.
Any of the current 505 horse Vettes is quicker than an RS 3.8 -- it's a no contest drag race -- but at the end of a lap, somehow, the RS can put down a faster lap. Still, I run a lot of hooters and absurdly expensive Movits. With stock iron or PCCBs, the weight of the RS takes its toll. I'd have to go to spring and dampers with at least some urethane bushings and heim joints to do much better.

I imagine C7 in the Z06-ish variants will be all of $100K, plus mods. C6's are $75K or $110K+ for the ZR1. From what I've read, there's only so far you go on the horse-n-buggy leaf springs before it's time to go to "real" suspension. Brakes are cheap and look to be similarly enormous (15 inch or 400mm+) like the 991 GT3, so I'm afraid they've both gone for "more is more" instead of adding less. It's going to be interesting, but it's going to be next year. The only (new) game in town this year is the 991 GT3.

I'm in no hurry to futz around with the C7 Stingray, but the C7 track junkie edition will be something Porsche should fear for their sales. The good news being that there's a new Viper track edition (call Time Attack or "TA" which I think is thinly disguised euphemisms for "**** and Apexes") and that bodes well for a Vette equivalent. 2014 is going to be tough for Porsche in the GT cars. Here's hoping they "bring it" in the form of a great RS at a viable price.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Go buy one so I can drive it already.

I'm waiting for the C7.
What time should I stop by to pick up your Amex ???

Quick Reply: New Corvette...