Macan 2014-Current

(Hopefully) Constructive "things you don't like/hate about your Macan" thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 12:50 PM
peterp
Drifting

Received 737 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
From my experience, you have to hit set and then the number to save your seating position, and then hit set and the key button as well to save it to the key.

There's also a "comfort access" or something feature that moves the seat back when you get out. It should move it back automatically when the door is closed though when you get back in.
Thanks. I tried saving it to memory 2, then saving to key. Hopefully this will fix it.

I tried looking up seat memory in the online owners manual and all I could find is a generic video for a Boxster that doesn't even have the same buttons as the Macan.

That brings me to another thing I don't like about the Macan -- the online owners manual. Search the index (http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...le-of-contents) and there is nothing about seat memory or key memory. Then, when you type "seat" into the search bar (http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/search?m=14&s=seat), it only brings you 2 results, for a search (for "seats" !!!) -- one of which is a generic video of a 981 with buttons that don't match the Macan. Just give me a PDF, like every other car I've owned.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:56 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp
Thanks. I tried saving it to memory 2, then saving to key. Hopefully this will fix it.

I tried looking up seat memory in the online owners manual and all I could find is a generic video for a Boxster that doesn't even have the same buttons as the Macan.

That brings me to another thing I don't like about the Macan -- the online owners manual. Search the index (http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...le-of-contents) and there is nothing about seat memory or key memory. Then, when you type "seat" into the search bar (http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/search?m=14&s=seat), it only brings you 2 results, for a search (for "seats" !!!) -- one of which is a generic video of a 981 with buttons that don't match the Macan. Just give me a PDF, like every other car I've owned.
Do you have the “Good To Know” App for your iPhone / iPad?
Old 12-17-2019, 03:10 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 388 Likes on 216 Posts

From my experience, you have to hit set and then the number to save your seating position, and then hit set and the key button as well to save it to the key.

There's also a "comfort access" or something feature that moves the seat back when you get out. It should move it back automatically when the door is closed though when you get back in.
My guess is it's the comfort seat item moving the seat back. Does the seat not move back to position if you press and hold the memory button you used?
Old 12-17-2019, 04:46 PM
mike826
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just picked up my 2020 Macan S yesterday after having a 2017 Macan S for the last few years, and while they fixed a few things I didn't like about the 2017 (mainly how you were stuck with 5 FM channels on the favorites screen), there's a couple things that are already annoying me about the 2020.

The first one has already been mentioned, that you can't scroll through your XM favorites using the diamond button on the steering wheel, just through all XM channels. I'm quickly realizing how much I used to scroll through my favorites on my 2017 (to the point I couldn't do it when my wife was in the car as it annoyed her too much...)

Second is regarding saving favorite songs and artists in XM. On my 2017 when I got the notice that a favorite artist had a song playing, I could look at the screen showing those and it would list not only the band I'd favorited but also which specific song was playing. Best I can tell (and I hope I'm wrong), in the 2020 it only shows the band name and you have to change to that station to find out which song is playing.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:36 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I love my Macan GTS. But there are a few things I don’t like or which I miss:
  • I enjoy the power and sportiveness of my DD a lot, but consumption is too high even cruising leisurely. I would like to have the option to manually select to run on one cylinder bank at low revs for highway trips.
  • That hesitation wanting to accelerate hard in normal mode.
  • PCM not going back to the screen I was in right before taking an incoming call (same thing on my 991.2 GTS and on my wife’s Cayenne S e-hybrid)
  • Parking sensors going off even if there’s nothing close enough to the car (it’s not only Fords that set them off). Same thing happens on my wife's Cayenne, but not on the 991.
  • I think my neighbors would like the Macan to have a way to select a quieter startup 😬
Old 12-18-2019, 08:03 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
My guess is it's the comfort seat item moving the seat back. Does the seat not move back to position if you press and hold the memory button you used?
It does. For whatever reason in my 2015 the comfort access wouldn't move back forward when I got in the car pretty frequently, but holding the memory button for a couple seconds always fixed it. Then suddenly (probably because I changed my habits), it started working all the time. I haven't had the problem come back in the 2020. Pretty sure it's because I'm doing something different; I think I used to have the habit of starting the car with the door open. That's probably what screwed things up.

Originally Posted by ABusLux
  • That hesitation wanting to accelerate hard in normal mode.
I always noticed this in my 2015; it wasn't super responsive in "normal" mode right off the line. It was always more of an "all or nothing" kind of approach, but obviously once it got up to speed all was well. I eventually ended up just getting used to it, and/or putting it in sport mode when I knew I had to take off quickly.

And now that you mention it, my '20 also has sort of a weird acceleration tendency as well. It's usually in sport mode, when I'm partial throttle going into second. It seems to take a very long time (relative to what I'm used to with PDK/DSG gearboxes) to shift into second. I "think" this is getting better as the car breaks in; I'm at just over about 1400 miles currently.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:41 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts

[QUOTE=cometguy;16287115]I

For some relevant context, last year I bought a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo, for which I traded in my ICE-only 2015 Panamera 4. My 2018 Panamera has the keyless ignition standard, and coming from the 2015 Panamera with the keyfob-in-ignition to start, I did not like the new system at all; I was always looking for a place to put my keyfob, and found myself often leaving the keyfob in the car in my garage by accident. I just like having the key go into the ignition, as a place to keep the key. So in my Macan, I got it standard, and I'm glad to again be putting my key into the ignition switch to the left of the steering wheel; I never forget my key and never lose it now.

The key fob is removable. You don't have to use it.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:49 PM
peterp
Drifting

From my experience, you have to hit set and then the number to save your seating position, and then hit set and the key button as well to save it to the key. There's also a "comfort access" or something feature that moves the seat back when you get out. It should move it back automatically when the door is closed though when you get back in.
Thanks for this advice -- would have never found that on my own. I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I've been using it a couple days after after saving it to position 2 first before saving it to the key, it seems like seat position memory is working. The "comfort access" feature was working both and after the seat memory position was (hopefully) fixed.

Originally Posted by OliverK68
Do you have the “Good To Know” App for your iPhone / iPad?
I'm running an older version of IOS (don't want to lose some 32-bit apps), so it won't allow me to load "Good to Know" -- says IOS 12 required. Is it any different than the online manual?

I'd still rather have a single PDF of the owners manual. I've seen references to it when I searched -- but haven't been able to find it.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:58 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 226 Likes on 157 Posts

The "app" is just a short, emergency version of the manual. The online version of the manual is a shortened version of the print manual. The print manual is a typical manual that has tons of stuff you'll never ever need but is missing a lot of key, helpful information. I wish that Porsche worked harder on getting people to write proper manuals and have better, correct information in their online configurators. Clearly, communication is not a top priority for Porsche.

So we often find interesting things in online forums, like:

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/f.../#post-2554935

Last edited by cometguy; 12-19-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:15 PM
peterp
Drifting

Originally Posted by cometguy
The "app" is just a short, emergency version of the manual. The online version of the manual is a shortened version of the print manual. The print manual is a typical manual that has tons of stuff you'll never ever need but is missing a lot of key, helpful information. I wish that Porsche worked harder on getting people to write proper manuals and have better, correct information in their online configurators. Clearly, communication is not a top priority for Porsche.
Thanks -- that's why I'd really like a PDF of the print manual. It's too long to read, but open the PDF on the computer and you can use the text search to find anything in about 10 seconds. I don't think I've opened a physical owners manual for anything in about 15 years.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:42 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

Why not just go online?
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...le-of-contents
That is the link or my 2018 model.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:13 PM
Baron.Eggelbert
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I have to call you out here- this is a bad take...

Lastly, I'm going to assume something with the knowledge I could be wrong- but you clearly just haven't driven the base car, or any car with that engine. It's a fantastic engine.
100%. Just had a Macan base loaner with the 4. It's impressive. Very responsive and surprisingly quick.
The following users liked this post:
peterp (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 10:13 PM
peterp
Drifting

Originally Posted by wwahl
Why not just go online?
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...le-of-contents
That is the link or my 2018 model.
I tried, the last paragraph of post #61 is what I did not like -- couldn't find what I was looking for in the index or the search (in fact, the "search" seems very broken -- it only returned two results for when I searched for "seats" (and the key memory result I needed was a video for a Boxster, not the Macan).
Old 12-22-2019, 11:41 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

I miss the C/D PLAYER.
All this new fangled stuff is too complicated for my Pre Electronics brain....sorry
sonicworld (12-28-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 06:38 PM
lefizzet
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

2018 GTS

1. Backup camera location has to be the worst in any car I've ever driven, might as well not have one if you drive more than 5 minutes in the rain/snow
2. Brakes are very hard to modulate in stop in go traffic, it's either no brakes or you're getting slammed into the dashboard
Straya (01-20-2024)

Quick Reply: (Hopefully) Constructive "things you don't like/hate about your Macan" thread