Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2024 | 08:11 PM
beye
Instructor

Originally Posted by FlyingGander
This is the closest I'm going to get to a brand new 911 at this juncture in my life. And will be faster than a base model 911. I like the body style compared to the ICE model. All reviews indicate that it handles like a dream. Might as well build it the way you want it. Need some motivation for all the hard work. Plus, I am not looking to sell it in the near future. I'm in it for the long haul, even if it means replacing the batteries at some point.
Here's a post on the color. Yachting Blue Metallic. I've seen the color in person. It's pretty cool.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...g-build-5.html
I am not sure you will ever replace the battery. The owner manual says that the minimal battery life is 720 cycles or 8 years (with remaining capacity at least @82% and power loss of 5% at max). So between 250k km and 300k km…

very nice conf by the way 😍

Last edited by beye; 09-07-2024 at 08:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FlyingGander (09-07-2024)
Old 09-07-2024 | 08:47 PM
digli
Advanced

I know you didn't ask, but here's my CA$0.02 (which is worth less than US$0.02):
- Yachting Blue is a lovely colour!
- There is a chance that the blue of the Glacier Blue lighting accents (front/rear lights) may not compliment the Yachting Blue. Some blues don't work well together, especially if there is a hint of green in one of hues (pics of Glacier Blue below).
- Love the wheels with Carbon Fiber Aeroblades, especially with the Carbon Fiber exterior mirrors and side blades. However, not sure about leaving the window trim and roof rails in Turbonite. Some have reported (after seeing the combination in person) that Turbonite doesn't work that well with the gloss black trim. Perhaps consider gloss black window trim and roof rails?

Or disregard the above and go with your gut!

Last edited by digli; 09-07-2024 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2024 | 09:20 PM
FlyingGander
5th Gear

Originally Posted by digli
I know you didn't ask, but here's my CA$0.02 (which is worth less than US$0.02):
- Yachting Blue is a lovely colour!
- There is a chance that the blue of the Glacier Blue lighting accents (front/rear lights) may not complement the Yachting Blue. Some blues don't work well together, especially if there is a hint of green in one of hues (pics of Glacier Blue below).
- Love the wheels with Carbon Fiber Aeroblades, especially with the Carbon Fiber exterior mirrors and side blades. However, not sure about leaving the window trim and roof rails in Turbonite. Some have reported (after seeing the combination in person) that Turbonite doesn't work that well with the gloss black trim. Perhaps consider gloss black window trim and roof rails?

Or disregard the above and go with your gut!

Thanks for the feedback. I was on the fence for all those items. I was hoping the glacier blue in the rear would be more subtle than what is on the Taycan. I also don't want black which hides the emblem. Do you know if the standard is translucent? Do any of these options illuminate the emblem at night? I might leave the front DRLs glacier because there is white in there also. Are there any pics out there with roof racks that are Turbonite?
Old 09-07-2024 | 09:35 PM
FlyingGander
5th Gear

Originally Posted by FlyingGander
Thanks for the feedback. I was on the fence for all those items. I was hoping the glacier blue in the rear would be more subtle than what is on the Taycan. I also don't want black which hides the emblem. Do you know if the standard is translucent? Do any of these options illuminate the emblem at night? I might leave the front DRLs glacier because there is white in there also. Are there any pics out there with roof racks that are Turbonite?

The rendering sure does look different from the Taycan. I wish I could see it in person before the freeze date.

What it looks like on the configurator. It definitely looks different from the Macan.

Last edited by FlyingGander; 09-07-2024 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 09-08-2024 | 02:45 PM
seejaneworkit
Track Day

If you go to an experience center or to one of the dealers that provide the delivery experience they will have the chits which you can take out in the sun. They may even have examples of the glacier blue on current vehicles.
Old 09-08-2024 | 03:20 PM
beye
Instructor

I speced glacier blue for front, and black for back.
I will take delivery, if confirmed, by the end of month. I will post pictures.
The front glacier blue adds this inside blue color, and specific animation for coming/leaving home.
The back glacier/black adds also specific animation for coming/leaving home. I did not speced glacier for back, because of the blue Porsche font: too much « Porsche » IMO for France. So I speced black, to enjoy the nice animation. But I don’t see a big difference for the taillight with or without this option: it is black when off, and red when on!
FlyingGander (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024 | 07:24 PM
beye
Instructor

On a Macan 4

Old 09-09-2024 | 07:20 AM
FlyingGander
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Awas
Over $13 k on the paint 😲
But its unique and looks lovely : )
Passenger won't be using the passenger display when there is a phone in passenger's hands
Just my 2 cents
Most of us with the Turbo won’t be driving 161mph either, in the lifetime of ownership. 🙂
It’s just nice to have the option if you are being chased by apocalyptic zombies that got a hold of a vessel carrying hundreds of 911s.
On the contrary, if someone else is driving, I’ll certainly take advantage of the entertainment options and sit back and enjoy some music or watch a movie on those long drives. And even help navigate. It’s easier to reach the screen if it’s right in front. Plus, about the same cost as an iPad.
The following 4 users liked this post by FlyingGander:
bandrews (09-09-2024), mdfitz (09-09-2024), seejaneworkit (09-09-2024), TC Cruising (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024 | 03:16 PM
JayGT4
Instructor

Originally Posted by beye
On a Macan 4
Great color touch for headlights on certain colors like Gentian Blue, Ice Grey, Black. But might clash with some colors like Papaya and Provence IMO
beye (09-09-2024)
Old 09-15-2024 | 01:59 PM
cethegus
7th Gear

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS39GI87

TC Cruising (09-15-2024)
Old 10-09-2024 | 04:37 PM
DanPlainview
Advanced

Originally Posted by DanPlainview
Got the call for an allocation yesterday, but think I am going to pass until I can see one in person. Here is the build I am considering.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRP4RLM5
Got to test drive a couple of weekends ago and placed an order for a Macan 4, scheduled to arrive in the spring. Updated build for MY25.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSWGBJ96
Old 10-09-2024 | 07:14 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Got to test drive a couple of weekends ago and placed an order for a Macan 4, scheduled to arrive in the spring. Updated build for MY25.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSWGBJ96
I chose the same Oak Green/truffle/Macan design wheel combo for my Macan 4 build before I switched to the same color 4S build. If you don't want to wait until the spring, I think my original 4 build is still available for purchase at the Porsche Exchange in the Chicago suburbs.
Old 10-09-2024 | 10:52 PM
rmwrip
AutoX

Here is my final build. Delivery now 12/27!
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS67ZG24
cethegus (10-10-2024)
Old 10-10-2024 | 02:17 PM
DanPlainview
Advanced

Originally Posted by mb1
I chose the same Oak Green/truffle/Macan design wheel combo for my Macan 4 build before I switched to the same color 4S build. If you don't want to wait until the spring, I think my original 4 build is still available for purchase at the Porsche Exchange in the Chicago suburbs.
I would be all over it, but it's my wife's build and she is sold on Slate Grey Neo now that it is available.
Old 10-10-2024 | 08:33 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

I would be all over it, but it's my wife's build and she is sold on Slate Grey Neo now that it is available.
That's a good call. The first configuration on your post had Oak Green, I hadn't opened the second config. I would have strongly considered Slate grey if I wasn't coming from an Agate grey ICE Macan S previously.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build