Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wouldn't make it at their school nowadays. They are too strict for what you've said you should be allowed to do on track. David Ray and Dev Clough take their program VERY seriously. You also now have to be certified (through HOD) to instruct for the Thunderhill school. AND you have to have at least two instructor references. Yeah, they don't compensate for much, I agree. But after three days of instruction you do get a free day of testing. That's enough for me, especially since I am there for the pleasure of sharing motorsports with folks.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

3 days of driving to/from THill = $30 gas a day that's $90, not to mention spending 3 days there and work. So not worth my time. I'd rather pay $175-200 for the test day and be done with it.

It does SUCK that ncal tracks cost so much to rent. I can't wait until RMP is completed. Add another track option.

Last edited by GhettoRacer; 07-25-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
No, Frank, you were on probation after not showing up for your student. You got kicked out after acting like an *** on many newslists, this one included. You are a financial risk -- as in folks wouldn't show up, including my lead instructor -- because of your posts. Your private emails had attitude, too. You passed illegally. I doubt the dive bombing was true -- it was probably just someone else's interpretation (maybe you passed too late, or maybe that was the place where you passed illegally). Our group has open passing for the advanced group -- don't know what you are talking about there (did you even listen at the driver meeting?).

Speed Ventures has been reputed as being an irresponsible group, so it's no wonder. I have never even heard of the other three-- are those drift groups, too? We're talking about DEs, remember? And if 37 is grandma, fine. At least this grandma can still drive faster than your sorry butt. And NO, I can care less about your 'challenge'. Based on how you claim you should be allowed to drive, I won't share a track with you if I can help it. If you see me at a race, you better watch your mirrors, because I WON'T cut you any slack on race day. And if you pull a stunt like you did at WSIR, I'll kick your sorry *** all the way up to timing and control.

THERMO NUCLEAR OWNAGE.

By the way, Mumu Haha, Motorsports Club of BH is not the cream of ANYTHING. The only "cream" there is when you give a gratuitous reach-around to your boytoy who runs it as a TAX WRITE OFF (ie, it LOSES MONEY).

Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 AM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
I would help you out if you see me at any track and you ask me. But your prejudiced *** would probably never put your own ego aside and ask me for help. Been DE'ing since 1996 and instructing since 1999.
"Prejudiced ***"? "Ego"?

GR, I work very hard at not having an ego when it comes to my driving on the track. I'm a DE student, and I know that. I was promoted to the Yellow group last spring with a couple of organizations (PCA being one), and this was a HUGE deal for me, and something that I am very proud of.

But, I know that I'm still a student, and having an ego on the track, especially at a DE, can be a big roadblock to learning. Even though I am a solo driver, I ask for instructors every chance that I get, because I know that I still have so much to learn. My goal is to race, one of these days, and I want to make sure that I soak up enough learning during DEs so that I am a safe (and fast!) driver when I go wheel-to-wheel.

Having said the above, however: I don't know you, never have seen you in person, but after what I've read on the 'net about you, and what you've personally written, there's no way in hell I'd ever ask you for any track driving instruction. No matter how long you've been instructing.

As for the "prejudiced ***" comment: where did that come from? Until recently, I've just been a lurker (mostly) on this forum, and I couldn't resist coming out to play with you. As someone said earlier, trainwrecks are fun to watch.

If anybody is a "prejudiced ***" on this forum, I believe that all fingers point to YOU.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I can't wait until RMP is completed. Add another track option.
***Me, too! We are on their roster as a group that will run there. They've invited some of us out there once its completed to help develop a line, like I got to do when Reno-Fernley first opened. I have family in that area, so the motel room will be cheap.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by weneversleep
"Prejudiced ***"? "Ego"?

GR, I work very hard at not having an ego when it comes to my driving on the track. I'm a DE student, and I know that. I was promoted to the Yellow group last spring with a couple of organizations (PCA being one), and this was a HUGE deal for me, and something that I am very proud of.

But, I know that I'm still a student, and having an ego on the track, especially at a DE, can be a big roadblock to learning. Even though I am a solo driver, I ask for instructors every chance that I get, because I know that I still have so much to learn. My goal is to race, one of these days, and I want to make sure that I soak up enough learning during DEs so that I am a safe (and fast!) driver when I go wheel-to-wheel.

Having said the above, however: I don't know you, never have seen you in person, but after what I've read on the 'net about you, and what you've personally written, there's no way in hell I'd ever ask you for any track driving instruction. No matter how long you've been instructing.

As for the "prejudiced ***" comment: where did that come from? Until recently, I've just been a lurker (mostly) on this forum, and I couldn't resist coming out to play with you. As someone said earlier, trainwrecks are fun to watch.

If anybody is a "prejudiced ***" on this forum, I believe that all fingers point to YOU.
wrong son. i might be a super egomaniac but i don't judge anyone until i get to know them. i might joke about them but that's it.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ehh? You've insulted me plenty in the past. Why should I show you respect if you don't return it? Besides, this has been bench racing anyway. Until we race together it's all speculations.
And you have insulted me many more times. I have been quite nice to you lately and you still can't seem to come to terms with that. Anyway, if you continue with any nonsense directed toward me I won't take kindly to it. If that's what you want, then flame away.

BTW, by your own standards you should have tons of respect for me considering how much experience, knowledge and success that I have had.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Larry . . . I respect you tons. Can I have your car keys now?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
And you have insulted me many more times. I have been quite nice to you lately and you still can't seem to come to terms with that. Anyway, if you continue with any nonsense directed toward me I won't take kindly to it. If that's what you want, then flame away.

BTW, by your own standards you should have tons of respect for me considering how much experience, knowledge and success that I have had.
Well, forget about the past we'll call it even. Hi I'm Frank, nice to meet you. I'm just a recovering track ***** with great love for all things motorsports.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey Bonni, I respect you too. Can I ....
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

oh hell naw dood. don't start respecting other man sir.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mglobe
Hey Bonni, I respect you too. Can I ....
***I dunno, Mike, CAN you? ROFL. Oh, can you make me a martini? Sure! I like the way you make them . . . I have some extra olive juice here in the fridge. If you take a jet out to Fort Walton Beach, you could be here long before dinner time.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

oh hell naw dood. don't start respecting other man sir.
***Actually, Frank, John is well aware that we tease each other around here (Mike, Mike, Dave, Bob, etc). He reads these posts often (because I invite him to). He already wants to meet Martini Mike. He thinks they should have a 'cook off' to see who makes the best martini. He's also good on the bbq, and thinks he is also master of that domain. So thanks for looking out for me, but Mike is not disrespecting me or John.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

i know, silly bon.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=Bonster...Mike is not disrespecting me or John. [/QUOTE]

I knew BW would get the joke as a joke, otherwise I would not have posted it, but to be absolutely clear, I most definitely am not disrepecting BW or John. Just couldn't resist the chance for a laugh.

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...