Notices

A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
lying again? i never said any of those guys endorsed my driving. the only guys who has approve of me somewhat = Roger Foo when he encouraged me to stop playing in DE's and go W2W (his exact words few years ago "you're more than ready to race".), and Marc Kirberg (not exact words but something like "you have good car control, and you check your mirrors, i would feel safe racing next to you when he checked me for NASA license...)
I don't doubt that they said that, but what you "may" be missing is that nearly ever racer, pro or amateur, who I know is EXACTLY the same way and who doesn't say the EXACT thing to anyone who is contemplating racing. They are all like pushers convincing the unitiated to "just try it" and that they would be "happy to do it with you." In fact, I have never even met anyone that hasn't been told nearly exactly the same thing . . .
Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah . . . I always encourage slow drivers to race. Lol. BTW, I was told the same crap. Believe me, it's just a way to add more money to the pot. Weird thing was, my lap times were slower when I started racing than were my lap times during regular DE events. Talk about head games.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bonster
Yeah . . . I always encourage slow drivers to race. Lol. BTW, I was told the same crap. Believe me, it's just a way to add more money to the pot. Weird thing was, my lap times were slower when I started racing than were my lap times during regular DE events. Talk about head games.
Unless you are in the fastest class in each run group, and even then for many people, that is only to be expected, right? I mean, racing is about so much more than "just" driving. It is like chess at 100 mph. That's why it is so much fun. If you can't manage to place your chess pieces accurately and predictably in precisely the square you wish, you have no business even playing the game. But, just because you can place your chess piece accurately and predictably certainly doesn't mean you will win . . . This is why so many w2w racers scoff when they hear smack talk about time trials and so forth
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I know exactly what you mean, Todd. While winning would be undoubtedly nice, I more so enjoy the thrill of the chase. Being door-to-door with someone going 80+ mph in a turn is the thrill of a lifetime. Knowing that (hopefully) the guy next to me knows what he's doing while we go three-wide is exhilerating! I don't race so much to win -- I race because it's just plain FUN. I have more fun battling for fourth than I do trying to get first.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I don't doubt that they said that, but what you "may" be missing is that nearly ever racer, pro or amateur, who I know is EXACTLY the same way and who doesn't say the EXACT thing to anyone who is contemplating racing. They are all like pushers convincing the unitiated to "just try it" and that they would be "happy to do it with you." In fact, I have never even met anyone that hasn't been told nearly exactly the same thing . . .
Bingo, ditto, +1, what he said.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:49 PM
9444Alexis
Banned Pirate Queen
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm late to this thread...but we never got back to why the 3" exhaust?

You're already built the engine to about max apparently...although the dyno showed few mods. I'm curious, was this also the result of being chipped?

What other mods have you done to get the HP to the ground and be able to maneuver it?

I know I'm a newbie here and haven't seen the full process of modding the car in question.

One other question: with all the work you did to the head, why didn't you just go with a DOHC instead of a SOHC? I would think that a motor with those stats would be starving with a SOHC.

What are you going to do for back pressure when you release it all with the exhaust? How are the valves going to react? Are you running the exhaust longer to account for this?

I haven't seen too many engines that specifically go to much more than about 2" exhaust...3" just seems excessive. Especially when you consider you could probably shoot one of the pistons out that circumference
Old 06-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Because he has NO idea of what a properly tuned engine requires. He just thinks that an exhaust the size of a school bus exhaust will make people think it is a very powerful engine with a lot of burned hydrocarbons to expell.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Bull

Too true.

And remember his Size XXXXL condom t-shirt?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bull
He just thinks that an exhaust the size of a school bus exhaust will make people think it is a very powerful engine with a lot of burned hydrocarbons to expell.
**Boowahahahahahaha! Burn!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

new prototype 3" fart can installed and semi tuned. no loss of power anyway where. it's making 190 whp vs 193 whp (prior peak) but at only 15 deg. of timing instead of 18 deg. motor is high CR 12.5:1 so we run 100oct to be save. we detuned it for street driving 91 oct that's why the timing is backed off. testing different intake combos next week... i'll have some nifty videos soon. car is coming along very nicely, i'm quite pleased. since the hood incident happened now we're fabricating brackets to tie the cage to A and B pillar.

there's a lot of BS going on the net about "back pressure"... you have to keep in mind Honda inline 4 engines are very efficient. no other street inline 4 engines make as much power. size of the exhaust is simply dictated by the amount of air your engine requires. if you have a properly designed header (extractor) you will want the biggest exhaust possible that will allow you to meet your sound requirement. i'll post some dyno graphs of the update soon.

i use NEPTUNE RTP which allows FULL access to the Honda ECU and MORE.

ROM Features
*Fuel/Ignition Maps
Primary and Secondary Maps Primary and Secondary low and high cam fuel and ignition maps. 8 maps total. 24 load breakpoints by 24 rpm breakpoints for precise tuning. Low and high cam both can be scaled to go to 11000 and above

eatures:
*Real-time programmability
*Upload/Download full data program in 1/4 second
*Datalogging and programming on one line
*Plugs in to regular socket and 4 pin data header, no need for modification if your ECU is previously socketed
*Extra 0-5v inputs for any type of sensor. Can be configured in the software. Set type, voltage scale, real-world values, add a gauge for the input, and datalog away!

Add-ons:
*Bluetooth wireless connectivity for datalogging and programming

*NOTE*
This is not the final print of the board, the USB plug will be in a different position or relocatable and the board size may change
Old 06-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I found it. A secret test of GRs new motor! Click here for pics!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I bet he kept driving despite that photo and the black flags too, right? I wonder if he noticed the oil spewing all over the windshield first?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I found it. A secret test of GRs new motor! Click here for pics!
But, he sure did cut and paste from another site some nice bullet points above. I wonder if he understands any of them? And his understanding of an "extractor" exhaust is hilarious! Someone explain to GhettoChicken exhaust pulses of various engines and how back pressure helps SOME.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:53 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

i actually doing up a few cheater mods... i have this special button for oil slicks, weapons to jack fools who try to race me side by side, guns for the guys i'm chasing down... etc. etc.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:56 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bull
But, he sure did cut and paste from another site some nice bullet points above. I wonder if he understands any of them? And his understanding of an "extractor" exhaust is hilarious! Someone explain to GhettoChicken exhaust pulses of various engines and how back pressure helps SOME.
you're SO clueless BULL****. go look at some F1 extractors. it exits just after the collector. what a dumb ***... but it's not your fault. you don't play with engines all the times like we do. but just keep your dumb mouth shut before you make a fool of yourself on internal combustion engine stuff.

Quick Reply: A brief message to the new G-R forum readers...