Sponsored by: APR

Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 01:08 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilou Panizzi
I'm really tempted in sport headers purchase. Specially for the gain at low RPM ... Are all your Porsche dealers ok with that concerning the warranty? That's the only point which could stop me .
Ask them. My dealer is ok with exhaust mods.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:29 PM
edwin814
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Just did my first track experience at Laguna Seca at a race class. I have the Cargraphic sport headers with stock PSE exhaust. I was flagged for 96db on the 90db track, I would say the sound is great. LOL
Just had my Cargraphic sport headers installed and heading to Laguna tomorrow. I was told by another owner with same setup that it will pass sound if you have a GPS based module or manual switch or some way to close the exhaust valve.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:43 AM
Gilou Panizzi
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They said a big no. But that's no surprise since we know French people are So openminded as in the us .
Old 08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Mandaguy
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mandaguy
...Based upon my one-day driving experience, my perception of total sound volume change from inside the car is that that it increased only slightly, maybe 10-15% greater depending on throttle position. The tone is a bit richer/deeper and hearing the intake suck from my left ear is amusing and pretty cool (also put on a higher flowing air filter kit).
UPDATE: I recant it all. I "got on" it this weekend with several hours of twisties now under my belt and, to summarize, this is a completely different car compared to pre-headers/TB/tune. The handcuffs are off, it rips and screams and breathes like a racehorse cured of asthma. Performance is soooo much better. I thought the balance between power, handling, feel were perfect when I bought it, but now it is even more perfect, if that makes sense. Now, the hand-off between torque and HP through the rev spectrum is freaking perfect. And that sound. That rich guttural scream. It is haunting in the twisties. All with flaps open of course. With flaps closed it is a kitten.

My advice to anyone is on the fence, take the leap. To me it is a revelation of what this car was built to be.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 80 Posts

UPDATE: I recant it all. I "got on" it this weekend with several hours of twisties now under my belt and, to summarize, this is a completely different car compared to pre-headers/TB/tune. The handcuffs are off, it rips and screams and breathes like a racehorse cured of asthma. Performance is soooo much better. I thought the balance between power, handling, feel were perfect when I bought it, but now it is even more perfect, if that makes sense. Now, the hand-off between torque and HP through the rev spectrum is freaking perfect. And that sound. That rich guttural scream. It is haunting in the twisties. All with flaps open of course. With flaps closed it is a kitten.

My advice to anyone is on the fence, take the leap. To me it is a revelation of what this car was built to be.
Which throttle body and tune did you end up going with?
Old 08-08-2016, 03:09 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 602 Likes on 269 Posts

This is the same feedback i got from my customer in Nebraska. He was on track with a stock GT4 and a Club Sport and was raving about his straight line speed. He has no CELs on the dash, no oddball behavior of any sort and he was been on track now about 10 times. I made a few extra revisions to his tune and i think i have found a sweet spot for 92 octane. Thanks for the positive feedback!

John
Old 08-08-2016, 03:52 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
John
What do you need to start another group buy?
Old 08-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Mandaguy
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Which throttle body and tune did you end up going with?
IPD and Cobb (stage 2? or whatever latest and greatest software they had to match the headers and plenum/TB)
Old 08-08-2016, 04:44 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
What do you need to start another group buy?

I might be interested in a group buy for a set of CG Sport headers, or maybe CG race headers. I like the fact that the CG design has a lot of hours of track use on 981 cars... so if I go with headers, it will be CG.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Peter_GT4
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 18 Posts

That´s exactly what it is. Initially, my impression of the engine was "oh, very nice, gets the job done well, sounds great, just not too special for a GT vehicle, but what do you expect then, this is not a GT3".

Now, it is a worthy GT engine and feels indeed very different and special.
Freed up, killer sound, that willingness to perform, very inspiring and
enjoyable.

Much like the rest of the package, perfect fit here. Did I mention how happy I am ?

Peter
Old 08-09-2016, 12:04 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Reborn996
Just did my first track experience at Laguna Seca at a race class. I have the Cargraphic sport headers with stock PSE exhaust. I was flagged for 96db on the 90db track, I would say the sound is great. LOL
I got meatballed for a 95.7 with the stock headers / exhaust and I was barely on the throttle in 3rd.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:05 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by edwin814
Just had my Cargraphic sport headers installed and heading to Laguna tomorrow. I was told by another owner with same setup that it will pass sound if you have a GPS based module or manual switch or some way to close the exhaust valve.
How did it go?
Old 08-09-2016, 01:27 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds cool. On the GT4 if the exhaust is closed does it stay closed through the rev range? On my Spyder the flaps seem to open at 4k, so there's no option to be fast and quiet should one want to be...
Old 08-09-2016, 01:36 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

Unplug the vacuum line https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/931824-pse-bypass-loud-noises-2.html
Old 08-09-2016, 05:57 PM
edwin814
Racer

Originally Posted by RDCR
How did it go?
No meatball. It was cold and foggy in the morning, so that tend to amplify sound. But once the exhaust valve is closed, it's quiet. Didn't have to upshift, coast, or change my line.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?