Sponsored by: APR

Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:12 AM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Speaking of sounds...
We have several GT4s (all stock) in the club. They all sound the same except one ( a much later delivery) sounds not as loud for some unknown reason.
Maybe because it is Yellow?

Cant compare mine now as it has the CG headers.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZZ
Speaking of sounds...
We have several GT4s (all stock) in the club. They all sound the same except one ( a much later delivery) sounds not as loud for some unknown reason.
Maybe because it is Yellow?

Cant compare mine now as it has the CG headers.
How would you describe the difference in sound with the stock manifolds? I find it hard to put into words.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

First batch of Sport manifolds are due out for delivery as of this morning! Those who's have shipped were emailed tracking information.

Thanks everyone for your patience, we're almost there!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
First batch of Sport manifolds are due out for delivery as of this morning! Those who's have shipped were emailed tracking information.

Got mine this morning, right as I'm heading out the door for Leipzig!

Old 07-06-2016, 05:38 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just an update: no race manifolds have left Germany yet but i have inquired as to whether or not they will ship tomorrow. I had sent my original GT4 manifolds to Cargraphic to double check everything on the jig and i think that they went system by system to guarantee that everything would line up perfectly.

I also reached out to Swain. They pointed out that they don't accept international shipments so i would not have been able to ship directly from Cargraphic to Swain. They quoted me a retail number of $275 per manifold set and said that they would ship them back to you the customer following an estimated 3 week completion window. If you're in NY, you need to estimate sales tax. I have not spent enough with them yet in 2016 to get better pricing and I would have only been able to get a discount if everything came here first to me and went directly through me and then back to me and out to you guys but i just wanted to get parts in hand for those that want their manifolds without coating or at least put the ball in your court so to speak. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,452 Likes on 756 Posts

^$295 is not a bad price especially is they are including return shipment
Old 07-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

once I receive them - they are going straight to Swain
Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got them, thank you for the great service. Now I've got to wait 2 weeks for my appointment to have it installed.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I will be interested to see any feedback with respect to flanges and fitment to the block. Mine were not 100% flat and needed to be machined. Talking to someone else on the list they had a similar issue. What are others experiencing?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

If mine do not fit properly for $2k, they will be returned.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:12 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Mine were perfect.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Alex@PE
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the Cargraphic headers that we installed in the past for various platforms, 981 included, we never had fitment issues.

We have a brand new pair of Cargraphic Race Headers in stock at the shop right now. When they first arrived, I did put it against a leveler and flat surface and it was perfectly flush.

Hopefully no one runs into any issues with their allocated set! We're looking forward to hopefully installing some of the local RennListers that participated in BGB's awesome group buy!
Old 07-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Voyager6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just an update: no race manifolds have left Germany yet but i have inquired as to whether or not they will ship tomorrow. I had sent my original GT4 manifolds to Cargraphic to double check everything on the jig and i think that they went system by system to guarantee that everything would line up perfectly.
John,

Unlike the Sport headers we tried to get this spring, I have no need/deadline for the race headers until mid-September. Whenever they get here in the next two months is OK with me.

V6
Old 07-07-2016, 05:00 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Voyager6
John,

Unlike the Sport headers we tried to get this spring, I have no need/deadline for the race headers until mid-September. Whenever they get here in the next two months is OK with me.

V6
Hi Greg,

I think that you should see them regardless before the end of the month. I hope your event at Mid Ohio went well and by now you should have your replacement Pagid pads. Thanks for the repeat business.

________________________________________________________________________ ____

So far 6 sets of Sport Manifolds have been sent out to various parties. I have asked for an updated estimate on the race manifolds. I figured those would be quicker to ship but it looks like the opposite is holding true. I'm actually waiting on a set of race manifolds that were ordered 2 weeks before the Group Buy started. I think that everything got put on hold once i sent them my GT4 manifolds so that they could confirm the jig was 100%. I am assuming that Bardman got a set from the prior production run. My other U.S. based Sport Manifold customers had no issues but 2 sets sold outside of the U.S. had slight fitment concerns. Those have all been reconciled. There have been no problems with the race manifolds since day 1 but i think that they wanted to be 100% sure because i called Germany 2 months ago expressing my disappointment about the Sport Manifolds and as usual, they answered and stepped up to the plate to make sure i was happy.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Greg,

I think that you should see them regardless before the end of the month. I hope your event at Mid Ohio went well and by now you should have your replacement Pagid pads. Thanks for the repeat business.
Brake Pads were received fine. I've been to Mid-Ohio three times since I picked the car up. First two weekends were under severe rain and high speeds were not obtained. The last one, I got food poisioning on Friday evening and tried to go out on the track twice the next day and threw up each time. I called it a day. However, my instructor was great and we caught up with the rest of the C group by the last session on Sunday.

I will be dynoing the car this coming Monday on a local DynoJet.

V6

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?