Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Hi Greg,

I think that you should see them regardless before the end of the month. I hope your event at Mid Ohio went well and by now you should have your replacement Pagid pads. Thanks for the repeat business.

________________________________________________________________________ ____

So far 6 sets of Sport Manifolds have been sent out to various parties. I have asked for an updated estimate on the race manifolds. I figured those would be quicker to ship but it looks like the opposite is holding true. I'm actually waiting on a set of race manifolds that were ordered 2 weeks before the Group Buy started. I think that everything got put on hold once i sent them my GT4 manifolds so that they could confirm the jig was 100%. I am assuming that Bardman got a set from the prior production run. My other U.S. based Sport Manifold customers had no issues but 2 sets sold outside of the U.S. had slight fitment concerns. Those have all been reconciled. There have been no problems with the race manifolds since day 1 but i think that they wanted to be 100% sure because i called Germany 2 months ago expressing my disappointment about the Sport Manifolds and as usual, they answered and stepped up to the plate to make sure i was happy.
John, can you send out the tracking numbers for us race header guys? Since they are going to BBI, I want to go grab them and send them to Swain.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:20 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

First batch of Sport manifolds are due out for delivery as of this morning! Those who's have shipped were emailed tracking information.

Thanks everyone for your patience, we're almost there!
John sent you a PM a few days ago. For those of us in group buy, who were "not" in the first batch and did not get an email last week with shipping information - what can we expect for delivery?

In my case Sport Headers?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

UPDATE: 2nd batch of Sport Manifolds are expected to ship late this week, and they are due to begin shipping the Race Manifolds starting next week. We're almost there guys, thanks for everyone patience!

Everyone will be emailed tracking as it becomes available
Old 07-13-2016, 01:20 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received Fed Ex Package this morning from Germany - Has a nice surprise inside!

Pictures later when I have time to open up - then just have to figure out when to install!
Old 07-14-2016, 11:49 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

UPDATE: Cargraphic just informed us that the first batch of Race Manifolds are shipping Monday, and should be in hand by Wednesday/Thursday. 2nd batch is due to ship Monday/Tuesday of the following week, with delivery later that week.

Thanks again everyone for your patience! Cargraphic has spent extra time on this order to ensure the highest level of quality control.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Mandaguy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word on when the second batch of sport headers are shipping? Above you mentioned "later this week" and now it is Thursday.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:37 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mandaguy
any word on when the second batch of sport headers are shipping? Above you mentioned "later this week" and now it is Thursday.
I was in 2nd batch and mine showed up yesterday - should be any day now!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:52 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The long wait is almost over. You will all be pleased with the sound of your Sport Manifolds and those with the race manifolds...don't get pulled over! If you do, there is however chance the cop will ask you to "get on it as you pull away." Yes, this actually happened.

In all seriousness, partial throttle with the PSE off is surprisingly quiet and manageable around town. At 5K RPM at WOT, I'm told it's the best sounding Porsche exhaust from inside the car and out.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:38 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

...don't get pulled over! If you do, there is however chance the cop will ask you to "get on it as you pull away." Yes, this actually happened.
Funny...it happened to me too. It was a 4way stop sign. The cop had priority but told me to go first. Both our windows were open and he goes with a smile : " get on it ! " I've smiled courteously and continued at a regular pace. I don't mess with these guys. He could've been nice,but I have heard the opposite too : they told someone to get on it and when they did,they pulled them over and gave them a ticket.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,452 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Funny...it happened to me too. It was a 4way stop sign. The cop had priority but told me to go first. Both our windows were open and he goes with a smile : " get on it ! " I've smiled courteously and continued at a regular pace. I don't mess with these guys. He could've been nice,but I have heard the opposite too : they told someone to get on it and when they did,they pulled them over and gave them a ticket.
That would really """" if the cop told you to get on it and then went after you and pulled you over. That is cruel - but - I do not think either I would do it because I really would get on it more than he would of thought
Old 07-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
I posted this in the Australian thread, but thought I would repeat here as most should be relevant to other markets.

Ok, so my thoughts on the Cargraphics Sports headers and tune from Fitzgerald Racing (Evolve sister company).

To put it very briefly, almost perfect. I'll get to the almost part, but this is a fantastic mod for the GT4.

I still don't have the electronic dyno pic, so I just took a photo of the paper one so people can get a clearer picture of what these changes have done (apologies for potato quality).

So, bottom line is stock power curve, next one up is headers only, and next one up is headers and tune.

Whilst the headers alone did flatten out the curve somewhat, the headers and tune has completely eliminated that mid range dip. You'll also notice that there is quite a lot of white space between H+T vs stock. You immediately feel this on the road.

Whereas the stock car feels like its strangled down low, the car now just pulls and pulls all the way through the rev range. You might think that a mod like this would make a car less civilised and harder to live with day to day - the complete opposite is the truth. Because you are not navigating up and down the mid torque dip (which you do constantly in street driving) the car is extremely easy and comfortable to idle along slowly. I even find myself running in a higher gear than previously when driving slowly as I dont have to keep the revs super high to avoid this "chokey" range.

So, some might be concerned that its all too tame. No fear of that. Plant the foot and it absolutely screams towards redline. It actually reminds me a little of the pull of my old C63. Of course it doesn't have anywhere near that amount of torque, but because you don't have the traction issues of the C63, it actually feels like you are applying similar levels of torque to the road. I'm probably overstating it there as I'm sure if you drove them back to back it wouldn't be as impressive, but it is an amazing feeling nonetheless.

What about the sound? Its really hard to estimate how much louder the car is now at full noise. My best guess is somewhere between 25 and 50%, but that is purely a guess. The good news again is that you have choices. With the sports exhaust button off, you can rev through the range and it doesn't sound significantly different to stock. Reasonably civilised, but still a bit noisy if you have the right foot into the carpet. Sports exhaust button on, and just taking it easy and again, the car is a bit noisy but not over the top. WOT in the high rev ranges, however, and it sounds like a motorsports car. It has a really rich sound (not at all spoilt compared to the stock sound), which really resonates under overpasses and bridges. You'll like it.

One thing that I didn't really understand before this mod was the claims by some tuning houses about the gains to be had by replacing the stock exhaust/mufflers with their own. If you have sports or race headers I totally get it now, and here we get to the 'almost' part of 'almost perfect' that I mentioned at the beginning. The stock exhaust, even with the sports exhaust button activated, does not actually keep the valve open all the time. It opens it according to the current rpms and throttle position (and maybe other factors?). So whats the problem then? Well because you have so much more exhaust flow due to the headers and tune, when the exhaust valve opens it feels a little like popping a cork. At around 4k rpms with only moderate throttle the exhaust valve opens and you get a blurt from the exhaust and the car literally takes off, there is so much latent power being restricted by the valve. You dont get this at WOT as the valve opens earlier, but at part throttle you get it, which is a little bit of a niggle for me, as at part throttle you want things to be smooth, not 'twitchy' as you navigate forwards and backwards over the 4k rpm range.

I have discussed this with the tuner, and they are going to look into a change that just keeps the valves open all the time with the sports exhaust button on. I think this will be the perfect solution, as you can still have the car tame if you want by switching the button off.

In any case, I'm confident they will sort this out. For some it may not be a problem, but for me this car is so close to perfect that it would be a shame not to address this little niggle.

In short a magnificent addition to an already amazing car.

Happy to try and answer any questions people might have.
Follow up post. Here is the source pic dyno chart with torque curve.

Attachment 1355815

The tune has now been updated and exhaust blurt fixed!
Old 07-16-2016, 09:52 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bardman,

Thank you very much for your efforts to post that data and share with the community; I appreciate it! Have a good weekend.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:51 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 558 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
that's entrapment!
Old 07-17-2016, 02:54 AM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

thanks for the group buy! I'm very happy with mine, got a chance to install them this weekend. Took way longer than I expected - the stock headers are cake to get out, as the access to the bolts are very easy and I just used my electric ratchet and buzzed them right off.

the Cargraphic Sports are harder to fit, there are several bolts where you can't get a straight shot onto them. Porsche, Porsche, why did you think that using bolts instead of studs here were a good idea?! it's pretty scary trying to thread hardened steel bolts into an aluminum thread for fear of stripping the threads. This means that you have to have a really good quality swivel and a short, very thin wall e12 socket to get them back in.

Also, it would have been nice for cargraphic to at LEAST include bolts and nuts to replace the stock header's studs for mounting the stock exhaust. I had to dig around for bolts that fit (the top driver's side bolt had to be shorter to maneuver in.)

The trick I used was to install one of the easy to reach bolts (but not tighten fully, leave a few turns of slack) and then do all the hard ones to make sure I had enough play in the header to not cross thread them. At first, I tried putting in all the easy ones first and it made it very difficult to get the hard to reach ones in. Since the 02 sensors are slightly downstream, you have to be creative with the 02 sensor clips since they won't exactly match up. I may also search for some thicker 2 bolt exhaust gaskets, I feel like the stock ones aren't quite up to the task (since they are flat and there is a bit of a lip on the stock headers to accomodate).

Anyway, after installing, there was an immediate improvement in low end. With the Cobb Stage 2 OTS map, the 3500 rpm dip is completely gone and the car has a more guttural and feral sound in the upper RPMs. I'm very happy with the performance, but the installation could have been a little easier.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:29 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 148 Posts

Got my race headers via FedEx today. Thanks to the BGB guys.

I wanted to see how easy it was to remove the collector springs. They simply squeeze apart.

So the choice now is to install the headers and run them this season then remove and send out for ceramic coating this winter or just send them now and wait a few weeks.

I am leaning towards installing them now simply because I am an instant gratification guy (unfortunately).

What would you do?

For those who have race headers and have coated them, did you have the collector coated when it was separated from the main header or did you leave it attached?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?