Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 11:20 AM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Call Cobb on phone.. they figured out a backdoor to 981 ecu.. don't ask, just call them and they'll explain.
Originally Posted by DC640
oh?? i dont know what that means but sounds like i need to open up my wallet now
We are development partners with Cobb and they sponsor our two Conti ST cars. I will be happy to assist you guys with any Cobb tuning related stuff for the 981 platform. Shoot me an email info@rennsport-one.com
Old 04-10-2017, 11:23 AM
martinporter
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDevelopementCenter
MArtin ,
Shoot me a pm with your email and I'd be happy to help . I can provide you with a great deal on the headers or I'd reach out to our amigo John Tecce @ BGB
Thank you, just sent a PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 08:09 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cargraphics headers on my Cayman S (same header as GT4) and my dealer just pointed out a hairline crack when I had it in for service this week. I bought them in August of last year. I notified the place I bought them from yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back on what the replacement process will be. I'll end up eating the labor costs for removal/reinstall but I'm fine with that as long as they send me a new set. Will let everybody know how it turns out.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:50 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDevelopementCenter
We are development partners with Cobb and they sponsor our two Conti ST cars. I will be happy to assist you guys with any Cobb tuning related stuff for the 981 platform. Shoot me an email info@rennsport-one.com
I appreciate the offer to help bud but we support all customers with tuning that purchase parts from us; even the folks at Cobb will agree that by this point, i've logged an endless amount of time with their software making some crazy files for these cars and the standard 981s. I wouldn't feel right selling parts to someone without offering tuning support as well.

Originally Posted by rm21
I have the cargraphics headers on my Cayman S (same header as GT4) and my dealer just pointed out a hairline crack when I had it in for service this week. I bought them in August of last year. I notified the place I bought them from yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back on what the replacement process will be. I'll end up eating the labor costs for removal/reinstall but I'm fine with that as long as they send me a new set. Will let everybody know how it turns out.
Please let me know ASAP whether i sold these manifolds to you or not. I am in daily contact with the factory in Germany and if there was a failure, i would like to know because it would be the first one we have seen. Please keep me posted by either emailing me directly or calling the shop on Monday. Thank you.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Call Cobb on phone.. they figured out a backdoor to 981 ecu.. don't ask, just call them and they'll explain.
They have had full control for a while. We have access now to tables that several other tuners have been locked out of for years. Their software is the most invasive tuning software the Porsche market has ever seen. It's wide open at this point with the ability to do some rather awesome stuff.

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 04-14-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

I was referring specifically to the ecu counter and the ability to reset it so that it can be invisible once uninstalled and taken in for warranty service.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:16 PM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports

Please let me know ASAP whether i sold these manifolds to you or not. I am in daily contact with the factory in Germany and if there was a failure, i would like to know because it would be the first one we have seen. Please keep me posted by either emailing me directly or calling the shop on Monday. Thank you.
John - I didn't buy them from you. I think you were out of the group buy slots at that point. The reseller has reached out to Cargraphic and I'm waiting to hear back.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

I appreciate the offer to help bud but we support all customers with tuning that purchase parts from us; even the folks at Cobb will agree that by this point, i've logged an endless amount of time with their software making some crazy files for these cars and the standard 981s. I wouldn't feel right selling parts to someone without offering tuning support as well.
In my experience recently, John has more knowledge about getting these cars running properly than the Cobb team. He has the largest portfolio of experience with the cayman and the GT4 of any vendor on here - by far.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:47 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
In my experience recently, John has more knowledge about getting these cars running properly than the Cobb team. He has the largest portfolio of experience with the cayman and the GT4 of any vendor on here - by far.
Had Short conversation with John over the phone regarding cargraphic headers - such a gentleman and informative. I will be soon getting mine sports version straight pipes and tune as i will use more for track primarily.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:19 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 558 Likes on 273 Posts

We have access now to tables that several other tuners have been locked out of for years. Their software is the most invasive tuning software the Porsche market has ever seen. It's wide open at this point with the ability to do some rather awesome stuff.
Cobb - deflowering ECUs since 1995
Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Somehow i missed this. Thanks for the praise my man! I just want everyone to be happy with their cars whether we sold you the parts or we are just a vendor for parts sold by other shops. If everyone is happy with their Cobb tunes, their IPD plenums, their Cargraphic exhaust bits, whether you bought them here or not, it's in my interest to try and monitor the quality control!

Originally Posted by user1029
Cobb - deflowering ECUs since 1995

Originally Posted by DC640
Had Short conversation with John over the phone regarding cargraphic headers - such a gentleman and informative. I will be soon getting mine sports version straight pipes and tune as i will use more for track primarily.
Thank you sir!
Old 06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Anybody looking to add some Cargraphic goodness, without the 4-6 week wait? I have a shipment inbound early next week, and looks like I will have a few sets that are unspoken for at the moment!

1x - 981 Sport Manifolds
2x - 981 Race Manifolds

As always, please PM or call us for special Rennlister pricing!

Wray
Old 06-13-2017, 02:49 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just received HALF of our large stock order in today! Race headers should be here any day. Save yourself the 6-8 week delivery time, these are in stock and ready to ship today!

All are spoken for EXCEPT -

Sport Manifolds -

GT4/Spyder 3.8L - 1x
Cat Delete Pipes - 1x

Race Manifolds -

GT4/Spyder 3.8L - 2x
Attached Images   
Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 PM
lorennauto
Advanced

Just received HALF of our large stock order in today! Race headers should be here any day. Save yourself the 6-8 week delivery time, these are in stock and ready to ship today!

All are spoken for EXCEPT -

Sport Manifolds -

GT4/Spyder 3.8L - 1x
Cat Delete Pipes - 1x

Race Manifolds -

GT4/Spyder 3.8L - 2x
Wray and Company are the best! I bought mine from them. Here is my Dyno with the Cargraphic Headers in the Sport Cat configuration with NO tune. And the sound is intoxicating!
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2017, 08:18 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by lorennauto
Wray and Company are the best! I bought mine from them. Here is my Dyno with the Cargraphic Headers in the Sport Cat configuration with NO tune. And the sound is intoxicating!

If you can....do the COBB with a tune from John at BGB, you wont regret it and will fix some areas on that dyno chart.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:31 PM
lorennauto
Advanced

Originally Posted by jmartpr
If you can....do the COBB with a tune from John at BGB, you wont regret it and will fix some areas on that dyno chart.
I would love too! I haven't decided yet if I want to jeopardize the warranty. For now, I am just leaving the ECU stock and happy with the extra gains (especially the torque) the headers gave me. And that was the point of the post (to show that the headers alone are beneficial). Yes, add a tune and more goodies with an amazing shop like BGB, and you can drive out of there with 100 plus HP/Torque smooth Dyno gains ;-)...with no regrets!

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?