Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 09:31 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 333 Posts

Good to know the car will still pass with the exhaust closed in spite of the sport headers.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:32 PM
6mtguy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
What do you need to start another group buy?
Count me in i'm interested in the sport headers
Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 AM
fastauto
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mandaguy
UPDATE: I recant it all. I "got on" it this weekend with several hours of twisties now under my belt and, to summarize, this is a completely different car compared to pre-headers/TB/tune. The handcuffs are off, it rips and screams and breathes like a racehorse cured of asthma. Performance is soooo much better. I thought the balance between power, handling, feel were perfect when I bought it, but now it is even more perfect, if that makes sense. Now, the hand-off between torque and HP through the rev spectrum is freaking perfect. And that sound. That rich guttural scream. It is haunting in the twisties. All with flaps open of course. With flaps closed it is a kitten.

My advice to anyone is on the fence, take the leap. To me it is a revelation of what this car was built to be.
Are you running the sport or the race version?
Old 08-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Mandaguy
Track Day

Originally Posted by fastauto
Are you running the sport or the race version?
sport
Old 08-10-2016, 08:15 PM
fastauto
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mandaguy
sport
Thanks for the quick response. I was worried sport would be a little too quiet but from the sounds of it that is not the case!
Old 08-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Fstclyz
Advanced

Went to the Dundon header over the CG. We'll see how they turn out.

Last edited by Fstclyz; 09-13-2016 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-08-2016, 11:16 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

I have had my Cargraphic Sport Headers from BGB for a few months. I can't express how happy I am with the quality and the sound. They are a great mod for the street. Installed it and had not CEL's at all, just worked from day 1.

Initially the exhaust was not as loud as I thought it might be, which I was fine with. However now after 1,500 miles and a few track days they are broken in and sound fantastic.

The sound under full acceleration and track conditions is absolutely amazing, just a great sound. This past week I was at a private track day with many a bunch of Lambo's and McLarens and a few Porsche's. I had 3 different guys come over (all who owned Lambo's) and say how great the car sounded on track going by and how it had a race car sound to it.

For my needs the sport exhaust is the perfect balance of quiet for the neighborhood and sound symphony on the track or spirited driving on the street. Yet you can close the exhaust flaps on the freeway and cruise home with no drone or any more noise than the stock exhaust.

Overall could not be happier with this upgrade.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
Yet you can close the exhaust flaps on the freeway and cruise home with no drone or any more noise than the stock exhaust.
Do they drone with the valves open?
Old 10-08-2016, 08:12 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Do they drone with the valves open?
No they don't
Old 10-08-2016, 09:09 PM
rsms
Advanced

Last time on MRLS I got meatballed w/ stock exhaust ("turned off")

Just got CG sport headers, so guess I'll have to get one of those GPS-based little boxes that keep the exhaust flaps closed passing the pasta tower.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 2,272 Posts

I love my race CG headers. Under 3k RPM it's barely louder than OEM but once you get on it...oh man...pure sex.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:57 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I love my race CG headers. Under 3k RPM it's barely louder than OEM but once you get on it...oh man...pure sex.
Agreed. That's my config but it's only track legal now.

Originally Posted by rsms
Last time on MRLS I got meatballed w/ stock exhaust ("turned off")

Just got CG sport headers, so guess I'll have to get one of those GPS-based little boxes that keep the exhaust flaps closed passing the pasta tower.
Thank you for clarifying what i always wondered which was how in the heck does a stock GT4 pass sound at Laguna??

Originally Posted by supercup
I have had my Cargraphic Sport Headers from BGB for a few months. I can't express how happy I am with the quality and the sound. They are a great mod for the street. Installed it and had not CEL's at all, just worked from day 1.

Initially the exhaust was not as loud as I thought it might be, which I was fine with. However now after 1,500 miles and a few track days they are broken in and sound fantastic.

The sound under full acceleration and track conditions is absolutely amazing, just a great sound. This past week I was at a private track day with many a bunch of Lambo's and McLarens and a few Porsche's. I had 3 different guys come over (all who owned Lambo's) and say how great the car sounded on track going by and how it had a race car sound to it.

For my needs the sport exhaust is the perfect balance of quiet for the neighborhood and sound symphony on the track or spirited driving on the street. Yet you can close the exhaust flaps on the freeway and cruise home with no drone or any more noise than the stock exhaust.

Overall could not be happier with this upgrade.
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. Obviously no one wants to hear bad reviews (i do because we can always improve) but it's nice when folks comment how happy they are with things! Thank you again!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:59 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Couldn't be happier with my Swain coated Sports and PSE. Throttle response and a slight midrange boost was noticeable. The exhaust note hasn't changed, but the volume at high revs is about perfect without being obnoxious.
Attached Images    
Old 10-11-2016, 05:30 PM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fstclyz
Went to the Dundon header over the CG. We'll see how they turn out.

any feedback in regards to Dundon versus Cargraphic. I am deciding on which one to purchase for my GT4, another choice is GMG Racing...
Old 11-17-2016, 09:51 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

I just wanted to check in and see how folks were enjoying their Cargraphic manifolds. I see a lot of new vendors coming online with parts. If there are folks interested in another round of manifolds, we would consider opening up this opportunity again.

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 11-17-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Headers. Whose got em?