Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:05 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Thanks mate. I actually think Bronze wheels would look awesome on blue, and I think Martini stripes will also suit well because of the blue in the Martini look.
My car already has stripes - a bit more subtle than the full Martini set (mine are based upon the Tag Heuer Monaco watch). So a red set MAY have been an option for me - but for now I'll stick to satin black.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
My car already has stripes - a bit more subtle than the full Martini set (mine are based upon the Tag Heuer Monaco watch). So a red set MAY have been an option for me - but for now I'll stick to satin black.

Nice mate. If you want to change it up, I would go bronze or white for you car. Do you have a side shot of your car, ill photoshop the wheels if you want.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Nice mate. If you want to change it up, I would go bronze or white for you car. Do you have a side shot of your car, ill photoshop the wheels if you want.
I'm happy with satin black

If I get a second set to run Trofeo's on I might try a different color then. But that's a while off since my current set of 20" Trofeo's are still quite new and I have a brand new untouched set sitting in the garage too.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:35 PM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie your car looks amazing with the martini stripes on it and the red wheels really suit it. Looks stunning!

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Snowman.
I'm happy with satin black

If I get a second set to run Trofeo's on I might try a different color then. But that's a while off since my current set of 20" Trofeo's are still quite new and I have a brand new untouched set sitting in the garage too.
Awesome. You doing Bathurst again this year? I think it was you that did it last year.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:38 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by cp993
Charlie your car looks amazing with the martini stripes on it and the red wheels really suit it. Looks stunning!

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris. Really turned out great on the white car. Just need to stop taking photos and get it back on the track. Really looking forward to Wakefield on Saturday.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:53 PM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Hope the weather is better up there than in Melbourne for the weekend as I believe its going to be a shocker here....
Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by cp993
Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Hope the weather is better up there than in Melbourne for the weekend as I believe its going to be a shocker here....
Should be a good day but cold. Small chance of rain but hopefully that stays away.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:20 PM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely - but my concern is the hub then carries no load from the wheel, that all falls on the bolts?

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
The plastic hub rings don't last so no hub rings now. Just make sure you check wheel nut torque a few times a day on the track.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
+1, it really looks amazing with the red wheels..
Agree. That livery design is fantastic. Charlie did you design it yourself?

BTW - how are the headers going?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Bardman
Agree. That livery design is fantastic. Charlie did you design it yourself?

BTW - how are the headers going?
Thanks mate. I didn't design it myself. It is what I wanted, as I didn't really like the look of the side stripe which just goes down the side and stops at the wheel arch. Found these guys - https://magnagrafik.com/

They had done another GT4 with these but we changed it a little. It had a racing number on the hood instead of the Martini logo, plus alot of other little stickers. I also added the side decals on the wing and the Martini stripe over the center of the wing. Side stripe and Martini door logo is the same (the other cars logo was further to the rear of the door, mine is centered as he had a number with it)

And then got them installed locally. I added the tow stickers myself. lol.

The headers are awesome mate, love the sound. Couldn't imagine the car without them now.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:02 AM
Charliekay
Racer

So anyone keen to do this session?

SMSP, GP Circuit. 1-4pm. October 11.

https://www.drivingsolutions.com.au/...experienced-3/
Old 08-14-2017, 12:41 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Awesome. You doing Bathurst again this year? I think it was you that did it last year.
Yes it was me (I actually won Class A outright too) and absolutely I'll be back at Bathurst again. Mark and Tim are both coming too so that's 3x GT4's that will be there.

I just also ordered a Guards LSD so now I have to aim for a sub 2:25 this year (presuming I get it in time). I'm also going to go and see my cage fabrication guy about getting some some custom uprights done. They may be of interest to people if I can get them done how I want so I will post up the details afterwards.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:16 AM
mungee
Racer

As before...I am keen.

So anyone keen to do this session?

SMSP, GP Circuit. 1-4pm. October 11.

https://www.drivingsolutions.com.au/...experienced-3/
Old 08-14-2017, 01:18 AM
mungee
Racer

Its like SP Motorsports Cayman GT4 - I prefer your red wheels though

Thanks mate. I didn't design it myself. It is what I wanted, as I didn't really like the look of the side stripe which just goes down the side and stops at the wheel arch. Found these guys - https://magnagrafik.com/

They had done another GT4 with these but we changed it a little. It had a racing number on the hood instead of the Martini logo, plus alot of other little stickers. I also added the side decals on the wing and the Martini stripe over the center of the wing. Side stripe and Martini door logo is the same (the other cars logo was further to the rear of the door, mine is centered as he had a number with it)

And then got them installed locally. I added the tow stickers myself. lol.

The headers are awesome mate, love the sound. Couldn't imagine the car without them now.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s